• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Arc Manor Publishers / Phoenix Pick

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Last edited:

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Sounds good in principle (or at least interesting), but I find the Phoenix Pick website very off-putting. A fact which would put me off submitting to them.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Phoenix Pick bought two of my OP novels, and re-published them earlier this year in TP and ebook format. I got a small advance. Till this new program, they've been a backlist publisher, working only with established authors and authors' estates.

I haven't received my first royalty statement yet, so I don't know how sales are going, but they've been great to work with so far. The contract is reasonable, they're extremely open to negotiation, they're prompt and responsive with communication, and they do a pretty good job with formatting and design. They're a small press, so there's not a big marketing budget, but they attend cons and are plugged in to the SF/F community.

I agree about the website--it put me off a bit too the first time I visited it. I don't have any complaints about anything else, though.

- Victoria

Michael Drakich

A wanderer in the sea of publishing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeldrakich.wordpress.com
I was curious and went to both websites, Phoenix Pick & Arc Manor. Both sites offer no details regarding taking on any new authors. There is a link to contact them but all it does is bring up an email box to send a message to their administration.

I saw Victoria's book in the line up and was wondering how they can offer it for a lower price than the Amazon list as the Amazon contract allows them to price match any competitive site's lower price.