Status
Not open for further replies.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
and so glad I'm not the only that could see Dan (Straka). Last time that happened... well, there was this dead guy and he wanted me to get something for him.....

I accidentally a whole busload of tourists.

And I discovered that truth is relative but in the end, that no matter what you do or how many angels get their wings, no matter where you go, there you are.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
It's not.

*has made my share of multiple choice quizzes over the years*

Held true in my college speech class. Half the class didn't even know we'd have a written final and didn't buy the book (I was one who DID buy the book, just so you know. :p ) Hardly anyone studied for it (including me. I bought the book but never cracked it open). I passed the final with a B.

Who the hell has a written final for a class based on oral practices?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Held true in my college speech class. Half the class didn't even know we'd have a written final and didn't buy the book (I was one who DID buy the book, just so you know. :p ) Hardly anyone studied for it (including me. I bought the book but never cracked it open). I passed the final with a B.

Who the hell has a written final for a class based on oral practices?

That always burned my ass about college. You lay out $150 for a textbook, and then NEVER open it; the entire class is lecture or boardwork, the tests are drawn from lecture or boardwork, The only reason you bought the damned book was to get the exercise of carrying the stupid thing around in that backpack.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
That always burned my ass about college. You lay out $150 for a textbook, and then NEVER open it; the entire class is lecture or boardwork, the tests are drawn from lecture or boardwork, The only reason you bought the damned book was to get the exercise of carrying the stupid thing around in that backpack.

Exactly! Some of those books are absolute rip-offs, too. I think I paid somewhere around 250.00 for my biology books which is fine because you actually got use out of them, but that speech class we had to buy what amounted to a workbook which you couldn't even sell back since 'it was a workbook.' That's why so many didn't buy it, they knew they wouldn't be getting any money back.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why could I see Shue doing this?

aGwYw.jpg

I literally LOL'd outloud. So much so that CobraMrsFit came over, read it, and then said, "You're so weird," with a kiss on the cheek.

"summon a tie..." Bwa-ha-ha!!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I got 7/10 on the dragon quiz. Here is where a bunch of Cantinites faint because
I confess I'm not all that fond of dragons.

Also I have no internetz. I haz a sad, but also a happy that I have the iPhonez. Also wondering where my husband is.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly! Some of those books are absolute rip-offs, too. I think I paid somewhere around 250.00 for my biology books which is fine because you actually got use out of them, but that speech class we had to buy what amounted to a workbook which you couldn't even sell back since 'it was a workbook.' That's why so many didn't buy it, they knew they wouldn't be getting any money back.

Yep. With my biology class, $120-something for the book, and the teacher never EVER referred to it. One of my maths classes, the teacher wrote out and photocopied the problems he wanted to work on, did the work on the board from the notes, and the book was a $140 paperweight.

After a while, I refused to buy the book until I had attended a couple classes. If we didn't break out the book in those classes, I didn't buy the book.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Instead of taking the "Year of the ..." quiz, I opted for a quiz on literary dragons. Not particularly difficult, but certainly fun.

Didn't even bother taking the quiz. I'd just humiliate myself with an epic low score. With only a couple of exceptions, dragons bore me.

:scared: *hides from impending tarring and feathering from Cantina-ites.*

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Didn't even bother taking the quiz. I'd just humiliate myself with an epic low score. With only a couple of exceptions, dragons bore me.

I may the only person who had to read quite a bit of dragon-focused fiction in college. I took the fun lit classes, though. Lots of gothic literature, mythology, etc.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Eh, no tarring and feathering here. I like dragons well enough, but never really went in for most fantasy type books. Ergo, other than in Beowulf and the Hobbit (and the HP books, of course) not much doings with dragons.

Besides, I'd rather hang with an ent anyday.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I may the only person who had to read quite a bit of dragon-focused fiction in college. I took the fun lit classes, though. Lots of gothic literature, mythology, etc.

My problem was that my youthful genre reading was science fiction and horror. I didn't get into fantasy in a big way until I was grown and married.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Straka

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
danstraka.blogspot.com
Also, HI STRAKA! Don't be a stranger!

no promises! looks like you've kept this placing going over the last year.

I don't know Dan. I suppose I can change that, though. :)

Hi Dan!

Hello :)

and so glad I'm not the only that could see Dan (Straka). Last time that happened... well, there was this dead guy and he wanted me to get something for him.....

Did he have shinny diamond skin?? Have to watch out for THOSE sort of dead guys.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Straka. Have we met? I'm Junely, and i seldom bite.

(Note I didn't say "never bite")

Status
Not open for further replies.