XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
It's 4*C outside with an average 30mph wind, gusting to 45 or so, and it's dark. I have just heard an ice cream van go past. I think that maybe I have changed plains of reality.

:Shrug:
:ROFL:

Yep, that sounds like England to me...

Yeah, it's not fair at all. (Nicest thing I can say about the situation.)
I think I would have described it in terms more... expletive ridden and angry.

I got ambushed by one of their kin just before Christmas. Not the "Can I help you?" breed but the "Can I show you something?" kind.

Turned out to be some sort of home manicure thingy. She kept going on about Dead Sea Salts or something while she did things to my middle finger. I should have just politely said "no," but by the time I realized that she had a hold of my hand.

My nail is still a bit glaringly and disturbingly shiny.
This happened to me once. *looks at nail* I got better.

Afternoon gang. I have spent time in The Real World having dinner out with friends. Fun times.

Whut up?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
This happened to me once. *looks at nail* I got better.

I have never had it happen to me, perhaps they think that people dressed in cycling gear don't do that kind of thing.

I am thinking that my lack of proper sleep may be due to a lack of food as I suddenly got very tired earlier and then promptly felt better once I'd eaten. Ah, no that's backwards isn't it? Oh, I have no idea then.

Number of words written today, er, about 50 or so all based on the life of Robert Johnson. I still have no end though. Anyone else have trouble thinking up an end? Perhaps I should go ask in basic questions huh?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Number of words written today, er, about 50 or so all based on the life of Robert Johnson. I still have no end though. Anyone else have trouble thinking up an end?

What's wrong with the part where his pact with the devil expired and the Hounds of Hell came and dragged him away?

:D

Or were you not referring to the bluesman?

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
In my head, the language is quite.....colorful.

I cuss a lot when I get angry. A LOT.
I do too!

I'm normally all posh and well spoken and don't utter so much as a "blast!", and then I get really angry and I will F and blind like a soldier :D

I actually read once that swearing comes from a different part of the brain to regular speech...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Swearing can be a drug.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
What's wrong with the part where his pact with the devil expired and the Hounds of Hell came and dragged him away?

:D

Or were you not referring to the bluesman?

No, no, I was. I heard Crossroads by Cream on the radio earlier and it has the line
'I'm going down to Rosedale',
which got me thinking because there's a place up in the Moors near here called Rosedale and there used to be a mine there. So I'd twisted the story around to

dwarf sells his soul in exchange for all the gold he can mine, his fellow dwarves get jealous and plot to kill him with poisoned beer.

Except that was the point where I sort of fell over. 'Ok folks, there's a dead dwarf under the table. Now what?' I'd forgotten about the 'Hell Hounds on my tail' business. I might get something out of this now, thanks.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, where's 10?

I have a question about being a part of local government, and whether I can use that to bring about actual change such as getting my @#$% street plowed earlier than 4 PM. Considering I pay some of the highest local taxes of any of the communities around here, I'm not seeing a lot for my tax dollars lately.

:Soapbox:

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
dwarf sells his soul in exchange for all the gold he can mine, his fellow dwarves get jealous and plot to kill him with poisoned beer.

Crossroads, don't forget about the crossroads. That is an essential part of the Robert Johnson myth.

That and the man's amazing music.

:Guitar:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, where's 10?

I have a question about being a part of local government, and whether I can use that to bring about actual change such as getting my @#$% street plowed earlier than 4 PM. Considering I pay some of the highest local taxes of any of the communities around here, I'm not seeing a lot for my tax dollars lately.

:Soapbox:

Here.

You can only bring about that change if you campaign to get every street plowed earlier than 4 PM. If it's just about yours, you're going against your oath. This is frowned upon. :)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can only bring about that change if you campaign to get every street plowed earlier than 4 PM. If it's just about yours,

Oh it's not just about my street. We get sufficient snow here that there should no be a street that hasn't been plowed by 6 AM at the latest. And then repeatedly thereafter if it's a snowstorm.

We're a small town, but we have a local school here, and I know at least one of our teachers lives along this road. Plus the bus has to come through. Hence I was *shocked* at how badly the road here was maintained the past two days, especially today which was a school day.

I suspect the bus driver's will also be up in arms, but it's one of many things here lately which has me thinking, "I could do this better."

... Which should tell you how bad it is that I am contemplating politics.

If it's just about yours, you're going against your oath. This is frowned upon. :)

Wait.

There's an oath??

Is this a cool, Green Lantern kind of thing, or is this more like when I took an oath for the military scholarship and it kind of became an excuse to saddle me with crap I wanted no part of?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Crossroads, don't forget about the crossroads.
Oh yeah, I already had the Crossroads in and I even found a way to get him above ground, although I don't see why you couldn't have an underground version, but I had worked out that for some dwarves their version of hell would be sunshine, so that's the way I'm telling it. Not sure I'm going to call my dwarf Robert Johnson though, not dwarvish enough.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait.

There's an oath??

Is this a cool, Green Lantern kind of thing, or is this more like when I took an oath for the military scholarship and it kind of became an excuse to saddle me with crap I wanted no part of?

Well, there is one here. You vow not to take bribes, not to serve only your own best interests, etc. I would be surprised if you guys didn't have one over there. Although it would explain some things :D

For what it's worth, I think local politics would suit you. And it's not a deal for life, if you don't enjoy it/it doesn't give you what you want, you can get out. It's not the mob.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure I'm going to call my dwarf Robert Johnson though, not dwarvish enough.

Johnson's a Scandinavian-ish surname - though usually spelled slightly differently. Need to throw in an extra "n" or two and take out the "h." Then call him Sven.

:e2sven:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, no chopping cuss words in the Cantina.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, there is one here. You vow not to take bribes, not to serve only your own best interests, etc. I would be surprised if you guys didn't have one over there. Although it would explain some things :D

Um, no, nothing about bribes in the oath our politicians take. Least at the national level. I can recite it verbatim, because when I took the military's money for college I had to take it myself before they would hand over my money, my cadet ID, and my "Secret" security clearance.

That last one sounds a lot cooler than it was in reality, for those curious.

:e2salute:

But there was definitely nothing about not taking bribes.

My budget could use a kickback or two, really.

For what it's worth, I think local politics would suit you.

:Wha:

Clearly you've never seen what happens when someone puts me in charge or gives me a little power.

:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.