Hockey fans?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Go Lightening! :Thumbs:

(Pretty sure Boston is going to hand it to them in the next series, but Tampa has a come a long, long way since being in the cellar the past few seasons.)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Go Lightening! :Thumbs:

(Pretty sure Boston is going to hand it to them in the next series, but Tampa has a come a long, long way since being in the cellar the past few seasons.)
SK, did you see what Robovowels did to me? How about giving him two minutes in the penalty box?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
SK, did you see what Robovowels did to me? How about giving him two minutes in the penalty box?
Did he draw blood? If so, we could be looking at a major penalty.

Like so many refs in the league, I miss the most obvious infractions...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Did he draw blood? If so, we could be looking at a major penalty.

Like so many refs in the league, I miss the most obvious infractions...
Nah. I'm far too tough for that. But his intent was evil and it was a cheap shot.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
*drives butt of stick into Robovowel's midsection...slashes his ankle*

I'm a regular Chris Osgood. :D

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Derek "Boogeyman" Boogaard just passed away in Minneapolis. He was 28. Known for being a lethal enforcer on the ice, he was also a big community supporter. He played 277 games, 255 of those for the Minnesota Wild.

CarrieAnn

Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a huge Jackets fan. ;)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
So looks like the Thrashers are heading to Winnipeg. Now they need a name. Winnipeg Winterknights?

soopykun

Registered
Reaction score
Game 1, next Wed. I'm keeping all my evenings free until this is done. The city is going nuts, it's awesome. Go, Vancouver!!!

NinaK

On the Beach
Registered
Reaction score
Canadian Press writes - Downward dog for hockey domination: Vancouver fans want good karma for the Cup.

Could this be a Haggis reference?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Disgusted by hit on Horton...apology was heartfelt, though. Horton played for my city's OHL team...my son's a huge fan...he has tons of Horton stuff signed. Though I'm cheering on Vancouver, I'm also cheering for Horton.

dogfacedboy

Registered
Reaction score
Though I love the violent nature of hockey, it's always gut wrenching to see any player carried off the ice. And as a Boston fan, I'm getting so sick and tired of seeing star players ruined by concussions. Bergeron, Savard, now Horton.

This series could easily go either way, but I can't say I'd be happy if Vancouver wins. Go B's!

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Disgusted by hit on Horton...apology was heartfelt, though. Horton played for my city's OHL team...my son's a huge fan...he has tons of Horton stuff signed. Though I'm cheering on Vancouver, I'm also cheering for Horton.
Horton was a Panther, too. We loved him down here (I have a signed stick).

It was a nasty hit. And the apology might have been sincere, but I hear Rome is considering appealing the suspension. He should take his medicine and hope this isn't the end of Horton's career.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Sure it's great, now...til the Canucks choke in the finals and the city is put to the torch.
The way it's looking, it's a good thing it's a wet, wet, city. Maybe a lot of broken glass, though, that's what we had last time.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Horton was a Panther, too. We loved him down here (I have a signed stick).

It was a nasty hit. And the apology might have been sincere, but I hear Rome is considering appealing the suspension. He should take his medicine and hope this isn't the end of Horton's career.
First thing Horton said when he woke up: "I hear The Who..."

I watched the replay of that hit, and yeah, I know things move fast on the ice, but it really looked like Rome lined him up. I didn't really see whether he hit him in the chest or the head, but (and not being a medical sort at all) I would guess it was the landing on the ice that concussed him. You hit a man on skates, when he's not in a position to brace or defend himself, he'll fall hard, no matter whether it's the chest or the head.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Sure it's great, now...til the Canucks choke in the finals and the city is put to the torch.
You called it, perfectly. Vancouver periodically fills with idiots looking for trouble. At least with their 'public fan zones' the police had them kind of corralled. Not that it saved those burning cars and looted stores.
And, I suppose 'innocent' people. But honestly, who down there could not know suspect that this was coming?
It's a shame the weather was nice today, a downpour would have dampened enthusiasm for running amok.
Bet the city still holds it's pointless 'victory parade' this weekend.