Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #1426
onesecondglance
pretending to be awake

onesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsonesecondglance is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Love seeing all the good news in this thread. Congratulations to everyone!

I write music. | I gave in and joined twitter. | And I have a blog too.
onesecondglance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #1427
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ken, Mark, HistorySleuth!! Congratulations! Way to go!

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #1428
Barbara R.
Old Hand in the Biz

Barbara R. has earned our admirationBarbara R. has earned our admirationBarbara R. has earned our admirationBarbara R. has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderactivist View Post
Congrats all around.

My first article for Salon just went up. They're calling it, "Why We're Addicted to Mysteries and How the Search for the Unknown Brings Out the Best in People."

For now, go to salon.com It's the LEAD! Later, go to:
http://www.salon.com/2014/08/10/why_...est_in_people/
(jumping up and down)
Interesting piece! Congrats.
Barbara R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #1429
Barbara R.
Old Hand in the Biz

Barbara R. has earned our admirationBarbara R. has earned our admirationBarbara R. has earned our admirationBarbara R. has earned our admiration
Penguin (@ReadPenguin) has chosen my latest mystery, A DANGEROUS FICTION, to be its book of the month, which entails two book chats on Twitter. It's just come out in paperback, which also brings the ebook price down, so it's an auspicious time for the book to be featured.

Naturally this good news fills me with anxiety. What if they throw this party and nobody comes? If any of you Tweet, I hope you'll jump in. First chat's on #AuthorChat Sept. 9 from 3-4PM ET. The book's a murder mystery set in publishing world, so highly cathartic for the peons in that cosmos (that would be us writers.) Here's an excerpt. Hope to see you on Twitter, where I'm known as @RoganBarbara.

Last edited by Barbara R.; 09-05-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:45 AM   #1430
wonderactivist
practical experience, FTW

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara R. View Post
Penguin (@ReadPenguin) has chosen my latest mystery, A DANGEROUS FICTION, to be its book of the month, which entails two book chats on Twitter. It's just come out in paperback, which also brings the ebook price down, so it's an auspicious time for the book to be featured.

Naturally this good news fills me with anxiety. What if they throw this party and nobody comes? If any of you Tweet, I hope you'll jump in. First chat's on #AuthorChat Sept. 9 from 3-4PM ET. The book's a murder mystery set in publishing world, so highly cathartic for the peons in that cosmos (that would be us writers.) Here's an excerpt. Hope to see you on Twitter, where I'm known as @RoganBarbara.
Barbara that's HUGE news! I workdays now soI cannot tweet at tgat time but I will pass the word on my twitter. Good LUCK,
Old 09-06-2014, 08:07 AM   #1431
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh I'm off on Tuesdays. I will be there, put it on my calendar. I'm @HistorySleuth1 bet that was tough to figure out. I will go follow you know so I don't miss it and congrats!

And thanks for the well wishes everyone. It means a lot.

Edit.... Silly me I'm already following you.

On Amazon.

Last edited by HistorySleuth; 09-06-2014 at 08:08 AM.
HistorySleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:42 PM   #1432
Barbara R.
Old Hand in the Biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderactivist View Post
Barbara that's HUGE news! I workdays now soI cannot tweet at tgat time but I will pass the word on my twitter. Good LUCK,
Thanks so much. We should follow each other on Twitter. I'm known as @RoganBarbara. Find me and I'll follow you back.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #1433
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, Barbara!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #1434
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
The issue of Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine that features my story is out now - http://www.themysteryplace.com/eqmm/ (I'm J M Ramage)!!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:00 PM   #1435
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!
Old 09-07-2014, 01:11 AM   #1436
wonderactivist

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
The issue of Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine that features my story is out now - http://www.themysteryplace.com/eqmm/ (I'm J M Ramage)!!
Hooray Zelenka! That's a HUGE deal. (Plus a great read on iPad.)

Lucie
Old 09-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #1437
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Congratulations, Zelenka.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #1438
MarkEsq
Clever title pending.

Location: In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasis of Austin.
MarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Impressive, congrats!!

MarkEsq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #1439
jeseymour

jeseymour is a glorious beacon of lightjeseymour is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Wow! I'm impressed. I've been sending them stories for more than 15 years and have yet to get in.

Congrats!
Stress Fractures - Kevin Markinson, injured escaping from prison, taken hostage with a teenage boy and surrounded by law enforcement, discovers that everybody has a breaking point.
jeseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #1440
Ken Hoss
Available Now

Ken Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputationKen Hoss has a golden reputation
Nice, Zelenka! Congrats.

Eye of the Storm A Kelli Storm Novel is reviewed on Lilac Reviews today, and featured on Celebrating Authors.

Review of Eye of the Storm A Kelli Storm Novel on Lilac Reviews - http://www.lilacreviews.com/book-reviews/review-eye-of-the-storm/

Eye of the Storm A Kelli Storm Novel is featured on Celebrating Authors today - http://celebratingauthors.blogspot.com/2014/09/eye-of-storm-by-kennhoss.html

Available on Amazon - Kindle and Paperback

Ken Hoss - Author

WIP - The Riverwalk Murders (9126/85000)
Ken Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote