• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader or Swap - Post-apocalyptic Fantasy, 21K words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkes

Registered
Reaction score
I have a completed manuscript in polished draft, and I'm looking for reader(s) who can provide blunt, honest criticism on everything from plot to syntax. I've written lots for fun, but this novella (and the full-length novel to which it serves as a prelude) will be my first serious foray into fiction. I'm more than happy to beta for someone else, but I'll warn you in advance that I tend to be a grammar Nazi, so I would prefer to read something that you've at least given the once-over since you wrote it. I believe straightforward critique (sans sugar) to be the most helpful kind. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

KemalKinali

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone, too, and my novella is at 22k words, although it is mystery/thriller. In case we don't find anyone to help us, maybe we could help each other.

Just so you know, English is not my primary language and it might (will) show in my writing.

uscgbyron

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marieabmare.wordpress.com
I have a completed Urban Fantasy novel at ~60k that I'm interested in having a beta for. I'd be happy to go through your manuscript, if that exchange seems fair to you. (If the triple length is a balk, I totally get that.) I think I'm a pretty straight forward critiquer, meaning I'll point out things that grab me and things that don't.

Let me know if you want to exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.