• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Royal Reclamation: A Fantasy Novel For Fantasy Dorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamRothstein

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all!

So I posted a while back about my novel, Royal Reclamation, and the responses have been great (nice when people tell you they love your work, haha, as I'm sure we all know)! I have several betas at the moment, but I'd really love a few more...

This is the story of Archerius, a high school senior and self proclaimed sci-fi/fantasy dork being raised by his grandfather. Bullied his whole life, he finally fights back against his tormentors, and is perhaps even more surprised than they are when he uses magic to give them the beating of their lives. He runs home to tell his grandfather the news, only to find him sword fighting with a mysterious, red-eyed stranger. After witnessing his grandfather's death, he barely survives his encounter with the stranger, and soon learns that he is in fact the heir to the throne of a magical kingdom in the midst of a 10,000 yr old war. The rest of the book takes place is Olameyn (the magical world), where Archie learns about magic, swordplay, and what it means to be king.

So yeah, I've said this before, but writing the description has proved more difficult than writing the book, haha. Anyone that's interested, please feel free to let me know and I will happily pass along any additional info you require!

Thank you so much in advance!

AdamRothstein

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out to Arcan, and a thank you for agreeing to read!

AdamRothstein

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone that has agreed to read this so far! It means the world to me! But I'd really love to get a few more...please feel free to be in touch if you're interested! And if you'd like more info, I'm happy to pass along anything you need!

AdamRothstein

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone that has agreed to read this! The responses have been excellent, and extremely helpful! I'd still love two or three more betas, so please, if you have any interest let me know! If you're on the fence, I can tell you that the feedback has been positive, and one person even read the entire novel in a day because, in his words, he "couldn't put it down"!

Always looking for more readers, so even if I get a few quick responses, I will happily send to ANYONE interested!

Thanks in advance!

amora10

Registered
Reaction score
I consider myself a fantasy dork. I don't mind beta-reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.