Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Zoombie, that was hilarious. If I taught high school I'd definitely show them that as a book trailer example.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Dorothy:)

Zoombie, that book trailer is hilarious. Hey, I want to read your book now.

I have changed my thoughts on book trailers. I volunteer in the library at the intermediate school. The librarian showed a bunch of book trailers to prepare kids for the Scholastic book fair. Kids loved them!

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Old people must be busy with NaNo projects. It is pretty quiet in here.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Old people must be busy with NaNo projects. It is pretty quiet in here.

That's me :) It's been an extremely busy couple of days. Things are finally getting together as my latest stack of marking is down to about 40 stories to grade.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I've been lost in a cycle of revising and self-doubting and revising and self-doubting. You get the picture.

In other news, I live in a state of idiots. Morons. Those are the nicest words I can think of to use. My state elected a Supreme Court Chief Justice that already served as CJ once and did such a terrible job, we booted him from the bench mid-term. Him over an excellent judge, a Princeton graduate, with a great record. I can pretty much guarantee most people just voted the straight party ticket.

They also voted to keep racist language in our constitution because they blindly believed it would "take away the right to free public education" as some groups advertised. No. It takes away the right to segregated education. Idiots I tell you.

I've never been more ashamed to live in Alabama.

Sorry, just had to vent. I'm SO frustrated but it's like yelling at a dog when I try to tell people here what the problem is. They look back with complete incomprehension.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I've been busy trying to get life back to normal. We had one whole day of normal LOL. Lost power again this morning for a few hours. We are being hammered now with that Nor'Easter. I suspect we may lose power again. I put my heat up to 76 and my fridge to the coldest setting. Have the girls home (I didn't send them to school today and I know I made the right call because the school district just decided to have early dismissal today! Dumb asses.).

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
ANOTHER NOR'EASTER?????? I don't know if my poor homestate can take any more hits. Ugh.

In other news, the election is over!!

I'm almost at 36,000 words in my rewrite :D I'm aiming for 40k by Monday. I would love to be done (60k,ish) by November 20th but we'lllll seeee.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Goooooooooo Smiley!!!! You can do eeeeet! I rememeber not too long ago when you were at 12k! I'm so proud of how hard you are working on the revisions.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
So I just got home from parent teacher conferences. *headdesk*

I'm sure the other teachers in the thread will appreciate why I say headdesk. So sick of answering the question "Why not A?"

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
((((kewii))))) P/T conferences are always a loooooooong day. I would go home hoarse and EXHAUSTED. And it was especially hard when the parents spoke very little English. I could handle the Spanish speaking parents but the Chinese, Korean, and middle eastern parents, it was a difficult to communicate with them.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I feel festive, anyone else feel really Fallish today?

Don't get me wrong, it will be like 90 here, but I still can sense the holidays coming ;)

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
YAY on your progress, Smiley!!

I'm nearing completion of my revisions, but it makes me nervous. The agent didn't give me a deadline, only "submit when you feel like you nailed it." Now I'm second guessing myself.

Parump: I don't feel fall-y. It's cold and dreary and more like winter. I hate switching off daylight savings time.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Aw - *hugs*

We don't switch over here. We stay the same all year long. Makes calling back east interesting though ;)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
YEAH? Cold and dark? You should live on Long Island right now. Power going off an on like a mofo over here. Was typing before and the power snapped off and I lost my post.

Not feeling the festive season yet. Which sucks because Thanksgiving to Xmas is my fave time of the year (other than summer). I'm just hoping this mess clears up by then. I'm too depressed and knowing that people are still suffering and w/out electricity is heartbreaking to me. My friend 5 mins from me is on day 10 w/out power. It's hard for me to feel festive when I know it's taking every bit of her sanity to get through this with her husband/mother/kids and her best friend, her bff's husband and their son. Not fun. Sorry to be a debbie downer. Best if I stay away til things normalize.

Good luck to all you NaNoers!

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Re: it being quiet in here - I'm glad cos it means I have less pages to read through before I've caught up on things, lol.

I enjoyed the interview, Jill. :)

Cool trailer, Zoombie! How many takes did you do before you nailed all the 'walking backwards without tripping over something' bits? :D

:Hug2: to mellymel. Hope things get back to normal real soon for you.

Want to hear about a spooky coincidence? I bought a limited edition signed copy of BF's Silence last year from my local Waterstones (don't look at me like that, Parametric :tongue). I rifled through the copies on the shelf until I found a numbered edition I liked (I chose 2629. There were 6000 of these limited editions issued). This year, Waterstones were again doing a limited edition (only 4000 of these though) for Finale (which I found out when I went to their online store). By the time I decided I'd buy it there, they just had the ordinary version available, so I went to the local store instead and found they still had some limited editions available. I didn't like the first numbered edition I picked up, but the second one had 29 as the last two numbers so I chose that. It wasn't until I got home and compared the two that I found they were both 2629! Spooky!

And in other news, I took the back off my laptop then unscrewed the processor thermal-cooling assembly to remove a great clog of dust, and now my laptop is no longer overheating. Get me! :D

Ditto the 'Good luck' to the NaNoers!

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Mel! :Hug2: Sorry things are still so crappy up there. The nor'easter is all you need. I wish there was some way I could help! Sending warm, power filled thoughts is about all I can do right now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.