FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
You doing okay, Greg?

Yep, doing fine. Found myself a little weak and lightheaded this morning while out muddling around at Best Buy and Walmart, but that's probably normal for 4 days in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics.

I'm released to go back to work on Monday. I let everyone at work know I was okay.

Just wish this crap would go away.

:)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Greg, you say "infection" but I'm starting to wonder. If you turn into a zombie, don't worry...we'll still keep you around.

Seriously man, take care and I hope this goes away quickly. Was this the same infection as your hand?

Well, it wasn't, apparently, a blood infection as they couldn't culture anything from all the blood samples they took (freakin' vampires! I'm O- so they positively flock around me every time I take a step outdoors. I use an ash wood-spiked umbrella to keep 'em away).

Blood pressure and O2 saturation is so good and so constant that at one point one of the nurses asked me if I was a runner. They only see 120/80 BP (highest was when I went in and it was like 135/75) and 98-100 O2 saturation levels in runners, never in 55-year old desk jockeys.

So, no Patient Zero for the Zombie Apocalypse here (drat!!! I would've made a good Patient Zero zombie).

In all seriousness, it did feel like the same basic condition as with my hands. The "burning" sensation is due to my boot rubbing against my ankle precisely where the worst of the irritation is. It's considerably decreased today, but it was bad last week.

I like hospital painkillers (probably Loritabs), but they didn't give me a prescription for any (just doxy-cyclin or something as an antibiotic). Maybe when I see my PCP (primary care physician) this week (need to get an appointment with them by mid-week).

Otherwise, I'm fine. Heart like a horse. Good BP. O2 saturation of a runner. If it weren't for these stupid infections I think I might live to be a hundred.

:)

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
My family has now inspired a new horror story for me to write. A girl responds to her abusive aunt by scaring the crap out of her with an evilly-haunted doll that she "found" in a box under the house...

I'll never run out of ideas thanks to the psychopaths I'm related to.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, Greg! Had no you were under the weather too. :( Feel better soon, and sleep with a garlic t-shirt if you have to!

Whaddup, Hounds? *waves*

I've been absent lately because I'm A) cheating on AW with Twitter (THIS IS WHY I DIDN'T WANT ONE! I KNEW I'D GET HOOKED ON THE DAMN THING!), and B) diving back into my revisions with gusto.

Also that Winter Holiday thing is coming like, superfast, so I had a lot of shopping and wrapping to do.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I've got a Twitter account, but I never use it. FB and AW are my poisons (aside from NetFlix and YouTube tutorials for Sketchup and Kerhythia).

Trying out something new for my next book in the FOTS series (since it's related to the game). I'm going to set a group of volunteers up as the various Admirals fighting the war. They'll direct the battles and tactics used, the strategies, etc. They won't deal with the production or daily running of the various empires, but will portray the admirals actually running the show. It's going to be an interesting project if I can make it work.

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Not dead - just dead tired and super busy . IRL has decided to eat anything I have resembling time with mad crazy drama. I'm not sure what I"m going to do if things don't settle down. Run away, maybe.

Dropping in to wish you all a happy holidays and a horror-filled finale to a fantastic year.

Greg - a zombie uprising would make a great holiday gift, but for once I'm glad we're not getting it.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
*drags in very large, squirming burlap sack*
*flops it on table*

Merry Christmas, hounds!
Greg, glad to see you are feeling better.
Ted, hold on to that purloined internet and best wishes for your internet guy to actually show up this week.
Rhoda, I hear you on Twitter. I'm afraid, very afraid to open an account. I'm going to have to do that soon, but...*shudders*
Bri, hope things settle down for you IRL.
Shaun, how are the stories going?

And to the rest of the Hounds, there's also a package of Scotch, Baileys, Cookies and Little Cuties beside dinner.

*goes over to pick at Newbie Bone Pile in search of trinkets*

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
*drags in very large, squirming burlap sack*
*flops it on table*

Merry Christmas, hounds!
Greg, glad to see you are feeling better.
Ted, hold on to that purloined internet and best wishes for your internet guy to actually show up this week.
Rhoda, I hear you on Twitter. I'm afraid, very afraid to open an account. I'm going to have to do that soon, but...*shudders*
Bri, hope things settle down for you IRL.
Shaun, how are the stories going?

And to the rest of the Hounds, there's also a package of Scotch, Baileys, Cookies and Little Cuties beside dinner.

*goes over to pick at Newbie Bone Pile in search of trinkets*

Eh. The ideas are flowing. The writing, not so much. >.< Laptop overheated and I lost 80 pages of editing on the next book a couple weeks ago. Managed to get back to it a little bit this week. Blech.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
@Greg...gummy bears? You're ruining my debonair spy image of you even further.

@Shaun, that sucks! Been there...hello corrupted file of work in progress earlier in the year. Bleh. Chin up. You'll get back to where you were in no time.

@Ted, so far I have managed not to kill any relatives. But I have another round this weekend, so we'll see...sigh...

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Lookit all the new toys I got for Christmas!

Deluxe motorized bone saw with cranial attachment (kitchen implement)
Packet of ceramic flensing knives (kitchen implements)
Cranial tissue scraper (kitchen implement)
Eye scooper (kitchen implement)
Deluxe brain juicer with special spinal fluid vacuum attachment (kitchen implement)
Special Deluxe Boxed Dr. Greg's Biochemistry & Amateur Surgery Kit (boxed kit)
Real Life African & Haitian Witch Doctor Toxins Set (boxed kit)
Do-It-Yourself Kitchen Explosives Cookbook (book)
Do-It-Yourself Kitchen WMD Kit (boxed kit)
New Methods In Torture Monthly (subscription magazine)
Poisons For Fun & Profit (book)
How To Remain Calm, Courteous & Professional While Having A Plan To Kill Everybody In The Room (book)
Build Your Own Orion Rocket (book & kit)
Handbook On Nuclear Weapons (book)

There's a few more too.

Honestly, I gave myself most of them. Santa never seems to visit me downstairs in the labs anymore for some reason.

Maybe it's because of that night there was that teensy little accidental release up the North Pole while I was visiting one year. I can't be blamed for that though. It the reindeer or some stupid elf hadn't spilled the flask I left sitting outside Santa's door, none of that would've happened. I'm innocent.

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Rawr, hounds. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I managed to pull some video equipment and going to try my hand at doing youtube videos of horror games. (With a little bit of my own personal commentary, of course).

Anyway, back to editing. Determined to make this next one my year. Have a safe, fun, and horrifying New Year's everybody.