Rejectomancy

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
4-day personal R from Sh*mmer. Comment that the speculative element was too slight. One of my series of contemporary fantasy. Oh well. I'll let it rest and take another look.

Peter -- Did they stick out their tongues, for real? Neener neener, like this > :p

Now *that's* a rejection!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
What's a neener neener? 47 days is long for them isn't it? Just wondering if it was a personal?

Peter -- Did they stick out their tongues, for real? Neener neener, like this > :p

Now *that's* a rejection!

I got a cordial, professional email: Dear [YOUR NAME], Thank you for submitting [YOUR STORY] etc. Shock Totem response times seem to lengthen during their submission period. Duo and Grinder show early responses ran about 31-35 days, the most recent responses 46-48 days.

I'm not sure how many editors stick out their tongues, but I’m always suspicious. You never know.

Last edited:

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Earlier this weekend I received a 44-day R from Podcastle and a 45-day R from Shock Totem. Now I just need to get off my (metaphorical) lazy butt and send them back out.

Batspan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
Peter -- Thanks for the clarification. You're right, you never know. At least you're getting Rs from the best places.

31-day form from Unl!kely St*ry.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
140-something-day form R from Tor.com
52-day 2nd round "PS: Tough Decision" from DSF. :(

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
At least you're getting Rs from the best places.

Yes, I'm getting more/better rejections this year because I'm being more selective. I'm living the old Groucho Marx joke: He said he wouldn't want to join a club that would have someone like him as a member.

madgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caseylynnwright.wordpress.com
Rejection from UFO after being held to the very end. Ouch.

Though at least, Alex gets props for being super communicative throughout the process. I will remember that fondly as I sit on my 100s-of-days waiting for form Rs from other places. :p

Capability

Registered
Reaction score
>30 day form from CW. But I'm apparently not alone, so... yay for comradeship?

Batspan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
1-day form R from Clarkesw0rld.

Peter -- Good one! Cheers to more and better rejections, at least until the next acceptance comes along.

Yes, I'm getting more/better rejections this year because I'm being more selective. I'm living the old Groucho Marx joke: He said he wouldn't want to join a club that would have someone like him as a member.

Marzioli and Madgirl - Ouch on the close calls.

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
45 day personal from ffo. So close and yet so far...

elinor

Registered
Reaction score
Had a 237 day rejection on an anthology earlier this week. Apparently I made it to the top 30 or so stories. Devastating, but still felt good to get that far.

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
Had a 237 day rejection on an anthology earlier this week. Apparently I made it to the top 30 or so stories. Devastating, but still felt good to get that far.

Congrats on making it so far! But wow, that's a long time.

StormChild

Registered
Reaction score
65-day complimentary personal from Phobos saying I made it through to the final cut. Which is odd, because I queried a bit over 30 days ago and got a 'sorry, but. . ." reply. Wonder which one I should believe.

My brain wants me to re-sub somewhere else immediately, but I can't because I did that the first time they rejected me.

Last edited:

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
137 day very warm personal rejection from Tor. I don't think I've ever been rejected so pleasantly before. (And hello everyone - it's been a while! Life's been a little insane for the last few months...)

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Form from Strange Horizons. Not sure how many days--in the throes of setting up a new PC, and haven't got my sub-tracking software installed yet.