Seeking police sergeant

Zanystarr

I hate mondays
Registered
Reaction score
I am seeking a police sergeant, specifically one from a smaller town (Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio) and not a big city (such as New York, Chicago or Miami). I mainly need to know what their duties would be in a criminal investigation, and also if there is any reason that they would be on the road pulling over speeding cars. Also, what would the promotion procedure from Sergeant to Lieutenant be, and how long would it be before a Sergeant is offered this promotion?

Zanystarr

I hate mondays
Registered
Reaction score
I feel like if I do that I'll be wasting their time talking about a book when they have more important things to deal with.

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
I feel like if I do that I'll be wasting their time talking about a book when they have more important things to deal with.

I don't think you should worry about that for several reasons: They have slow times, when talking to someone would be a filler. They probably would like to have a writer write something accurate instead of shooting from the hip. It is good public relations, and police need the best public relations they can get. And there are people who have "answer questions that writers might ask" in their job descriptions.

You might end up talking mostly to their public affairs person, but you probably would get to talk to most appropriate person at some point, or you might be introduced to a retired cop who is bored out of his mind and would love to tell you stories.

Zanystarr

I hate mondays
Registered
Reaction score
I got to talk to a lieutenant and it turns out I was right about all of the police stuff that I have. I got lucky there lol.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet! It worked, they do have time to talk to writers! (Even at the lieutenant level!) Congratulations, I hope the rest of the book goes this well.