Why so serious?
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

writeontime

Why so serious?
Registered
Reaction score
Was trying to hold out until I got the contract BUT.....it's too hard when you are this excited!!

I'm very happy to announce that Daily Science Fiction will be publishing my story "The Tying of Tongues."

EEEEEEEEEEEEP! This is my very first pro sale and the very first market I sent this story to.

Dancing up a storm over here!

Just saw your post.
Congratulations, KD! :D

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Was trying to hold out until I got the contract BUT.....it's too hard when you are this excited!!

I'm very happy to announce that Daily Science Fiction will be publishing my story "The Tying of Tongues."

EEEEEEEEEEEEP! This is my very first pro sale and the very first market I sent this story to.

That's awesome! :D Congrats!

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
Thanks, everyone!

I'm starting to get a bit nervous because I haven't gotten the contract yet. Does anyone know if it tends to take a day or two? Just paranoid that I'm going to get a "Sorry! We didn't mean you!" email. :D

Sounds like fun, Alex! Hope you all have a wonderful time!

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!

I'm starting to get a bit nervous because I haven't gotten the contract yet. Does anyone know if it tends to take a day or two? Just paranoid that I'm going to get a "Sorry! We didn't mean you!" email. :D

I got mine pretty quick. BUT, when they published my story it took about a week before they paid me because they'd gotten backed up. So, I wouldn't worry too much. And if a week or more goes by you can always nudge, just say you haven't gotten the contract and want to make sure it's not been eaten by the internet (or whatever).

Mrs. de Winter

Eating cookies
Registered
Reaction score

Congrats!!

johemedel

...should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score

Amazing news!

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info

There was a four-day gap between my acceptance and contract.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!

Thanks!

In terms of DSF contract, it takes from a few days to two weeks to get the contract. Then it likely will take 3-4 months for the story to get published and you will get final edits a week or two before publication (and payment a week or two after).

This is based on my experiences with DSF, anyway.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats KD! Awesome news!

And you too Alex. Hope the party is a success!

michael_b

So many ideas, never enough time.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelbarnette.com
Short story submitted to Torquere Press 12/15--deadline for the theme call
Contract Offered 12/17
Contract Signed 12/18

They publish GLBTQ erotic romance stories, novellas and novels

I'll be sending them another short early next month if I can pull a story together for the next theme.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
My story CARNACKI: THE SISTERS OF MERCY appeared in the pro magazine NIGHT LAND (#4) this week in Japan, in Japanese. Alongside work by Joe R Landsdale, Larry Niven and a Robert E Howard reprint.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Michael B and WillieMeikle! And Alex, congrats for UFO. I'll be reading my copy on Kindle while I'm away for the holidays. Looking forward to it.

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
Not acceptance braggage, but braggage nonetheless!

I'm very proud to announce that I am the new fiction editor at Loose Change magazine. Very excited to see where this new endeavor takes me! I hope to see subs from some of my literary W1S1 friends. I'll be posting info in the non-paying markets (sorry!) forum soon. :D

And congrats to all other recent braggage!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on all the recent braggage to kd, williemeikle, michael b and Alex on UFO's release!

Anna_Hedley

Fuelled by tea and crumpets.
Registered
Reaction score
Short story submitted to Torquere Press 12/15--deadline for the theme call
Contract Offered 12/17
Contract Signed 12/18

They publish GLBTQ erotic romance stories, novellas and novels

I'll be sending them another short early next month if I can pull a story together for the next theme.

Congratulations! I subbed to them recently too, although haven't received my response yet.

And congratulations to everyone else with braggage.

akaSylvia

Doesn't Bite
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intrigue.co.uk
Congrats to all of you on sales and book launches!

I forgot to mention that I sold a flash story to TM Publishing. That means two stories sold to pro-level markets this year were a direct result of W1S1 - both stories were effectively trunked. I dusted them off and sent 'em out in order to keep my stats up and yay, they sold!

Perseverance ftw.

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all of you on sales and book launches!

I forgot to mention that I sold a flash story to TM Publishing. That means two stories sold to pro-level markets this year were a direct result of W1S1 - both stories were effectively trunked. I dusted them off and sent 'em out in order to keep my stats up and yay, they sold!

Perseverance ftw.

Congrats! I didn't even know they were taking flash. If it's to their Emerald Sky imprint, maybe we'll be sharing a TOC - I sold a reprint of my story "The Unseen Truths" to them in the fall. It's supposed to come out this Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.