NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Not having school or a job is great for my writing. I almost feel like I shouldn't mention my word count, but here goes:

I don't really know what I do. I put my headphones on, pick some music, and just start writing. Then I look up and see I've written 5,000 words. Hopefully they don't suck.

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
I don't really know what I do. I put my headphones on, pick some music, and just start writing. Then I look up and see I've written 5,000 words. Hopefully they don't suck.

Um. Wow. I could really use one of those 5,000 word blitzes. I'd be finished! Well, not with the story, but still...

I'm sitting at about 45,000 right now. This time last year I'd hit 50,000... *sigh*

I've kept off of the boards for the last few days as I try to get my word count, but I just love to see the progress in this thread. Keep it up, everyone!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just over 29K :)

Today I wrote 2,800 words in a hour. It's a personal best for me. I didn't think my fingers could move that fast :)

I'm hoping to be at 30,000 by the end of the day.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
33,186. Day off today as I'm out at a comedy gig this evening. Good to have a chance to chill for a bit and come back to it fresh tomorrow. Should easily get to 35k tomorrow. I love 35K, it's definitely my favourite milestone. Of course, while 35K leaves me close to the NaNo finish line it's just under halfway to how long I think the novel is going to be - I estimate 75k.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Hit 26,120 last night, which is another slower day. I'm expecting the same tonight.

I think I need to figure out different writing times for when my schedule gets bumped. I'm just not used to it happening a few day in a row :tongue

Never Give Up, Never Surrender, Foley! (Galaxy Quest reference anyone? no, just me?)

I love Galaxy Quest! :hooray:

Last edited:

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
Just over 25k and hoping to pass 27k by the end of tonight. Have to stay ahead since I have a few engagements next week that will steal my writing time (I only write after 8 at night, plus on weekends I can manage a little additonal writing during the day depending on a) any stack of papers from work to correct and b) the mood of my children and husband ;-)

Anyway, everything running far smoother than anticipated so far. Always afraid of jinxing it, though...

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
50,253 total! Yaaay, technically I am done with Nano, but I'm nowhere near finished with the book so I have to keep going...hopefully I'll finish the damn thing by the 23rd, which is when I visit my family and all hell breaks loose and hippos run amok.

VeronicaX

Registered
Reaction score
20,728 :(

I really, really wish I could go back in time, do the outline then as opposed to now, and have the story all figured out. Now I find myself "stuck", not sure how much to include of what I have in mind, and ... I feel like I'm failing. *headdesk*

My issue is, I think, that Mr. Editor is screaming so loud in my head he's been killing my joy for it the last few days. Where's my gaffa tape?

Deep breath, Veronica, deep breath.

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Putputt: 50,253 total! Yaaay, technically I am done with Nano, but I'm nowhere near finished with the book so I have to keep going...hopefully I'll finish the damn thing by the 23rd, which is when I visit my family and all hell breaks loose and hippos run amok.
Way to go, Putputt! A hearty congrats. I looked at your little symbol there, red all the way across. . .

I am at currently at 9504 which means, I think, that I am actually writing a novel for NaNoWriYe.

Or NoMeCanDo.

I like my novel so far, it's just going so darn sloooooooooow, esp. when I keep rocking to kick-ass Nazareth and petting my cat and talking seriously to the kids I paid to rake leaves instead of play in 'em. . .

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
ugh... what a day! MC is lost in the Long Dark Teatime of the Soul... and so am I!

Still, the clock says 25,015 and so it's got to be time for an emoticon:

:e2beat:

Oh, ok, maybe a little :snoopy: Now, chocolate.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
50,253 total! Yaaay, technically I am done with Nano, but I'm nowhere near finished with the book so I have to keep going...hopefully I'll finish the damn thing by the 23rd, which is when I visit my family and all hell breaks loose and hippos run amok.

dammit Putputt! way to be the overachiever :p lucky! but seriously, congrats, that's awesome.

I'm at 21,425 (womp, womp) but I'm writing the fairytales portion of the book now to get myself more excited and remember why I love this story. The bar on the website says the goal is 25k, so it's going to be a long night.

Speaking of the site, is it saying it's down for maintenance for anyone else? I'm really compulsive about updating my word count, so this is distressing me.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
The site is back up now;) Managed to get up to 33,600 which isn't bad to say I haven't done anything for the last two days:tongue

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome book. :)

Yes, it is! Surely only those too busy drooling over the figure hugging catsuits of Galaxy Questers (measure_in_love, you know who you are!) can live without the services of holistic detectives.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it is! Surely only those too busy drooling over the figure hugging catsuits of Galaxy Questers (measure_in_love, you know who you are!) can live without the services of holistic detectives.

:p hey we have Justin Long telling us how to get through the obstacles to stop the Omega 13! Who needs services of holistic detectives? (not that I understand that reference haha) :)

On another note: I finally caught up a bit tonight yayayaya! I was able to write 3,437 words (which is the most I've EVER written in a day. Sounds pathetic, but I'm proud of it!) totaling to 23,797 words. Now I can write tomorrow without freaking out how behind I am (I'm maybe about 1k behind) So yay for an easier day tomorrow! :)

Ellielle

needs something clever to put here
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, look! Another NaNo thread that I can post in instead of working on my novel. Mwhahaha.

So far today, I have written a whopping 380 words! The good news, I guess, is that I'm still ahead of where I'm supposed to be today to hit 50k. The bad news is I'd originally been hoping to finish the entire draft (which will probably be 90-100k) by the end of November, but that goal is pretty much a goner at this point.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
My throat finally doesn't hurt. Haven't written since the 12th when I put 'the end' on the story. Being sick and dead, I've been procrastinating making a decision of trying to continue NaNo or not, but I'll get behind today if i don't add words, so I better get on that.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
3.2K written today, 2K of which was pretty crappay. Keep going guys, we're more than halfway there!!

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I did manage to get to 50k around 10:30 last night! I'm so brain dead now, but the book isn't done yet. I'll be adding some more, later today, so that I can take a break tomorrow for my birthday.

Good luck to everyone! You're all doing great.