Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks! Can't stay long, have to go back home soon because the landlady said she'd call an electrician today. He probably won't need to get into my apartment, just see the fusebox, but I'd like to be there to see how he does it- 'cause apparently this is something the previous tenant used to fix herself.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

:Hug2: Sian. My dad can be like that too. Parents see their kids going one direction and when that changes it hard for them to cope sometimes.

And, ION, I;m trying to get my life back in order after being sick all last week. Feel like I'm starting from square one with potty training the Toddler, but we'll make it work.

And since I got a lot of major chores done yesterday, I can spend most of today editing my Secret Short. :) if only i could find a beta...

So how is Monday treating you so far?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi guys.

I feel rather disconnected.

Also, I actually watched the superbowl. :chair Do I have to turn in my geek cred?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I feel rather disconnected.

Also, I actually watched the superbowl. :chair Do I have to turn in my geek cred?

Depends. Were you the one that unplugged their power? If so, TOTALLY ROCKS!

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Everything that tastes good is bad for you

This is patently untrue. Strawberries are bad for you? Almonds? Shrimp? Spaghetti with whole wheat noodles? Steak and grilled shrooms? Gnishes? Stuffed bell peppers? Coulda fooled me!

Gosh, holidays are long

*rapidly packs up and moves to Australia*

I'm a big fan of listening to my pillow in the hopes it'll disclose its secrets.

... Like how it stays so soft in such a harsh world...

This turned into an extraordinary long rant. Just ignore it if you want. Actually, it became practically an essay, so I'm going to white it out.

... :Hug2: Jeez, sounds a bit like my dad. Especially the bit about pickup lines, guh. It must be a lot harder to tune out when there's actual familial affection in there, though. Extra :Hug2:s.

... And the self-employed don't even get that :e2bummed:

:Hug2: Yeeeeah... School here gives relatively short and few holidays and that really sucks if you happen to be one of those kids whose parents don't believe in sick days. Also, that one kid (me) then gets everyone else sick, so everyone else uses up all their sick days and starts coming in sick too. Turns high schools into disease farms.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Nah, I watched it as well. I'm a firm believer that one does not give up cred just because they have what are deemed by others as opposing interests. We'd be a pretty boring species if we were only allowed to dabble in one "genre" of life.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hey, Ace!

Coffee for the Kat and Mouse creator.

64560968-photo.gif

THIS IS A THING OF BEAUTY!

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, I watched it as well. I'm a firm believer that one does not give up cred just because they have what are deemed by others as opposing interests. We'd be a pretty boring species if we were only allowed to dabble in one "genre" of life.

QFT!!

I have some friends who put on a panel for and about female gamers at Hal-Con back in November. Among the younger gals there was a lot of hate toward women who, say, like shopping, or other typical teen girl interests. So the panelists were all like, "Woah... The whole point of gamers not being outcasts is that there's nothing wrong with anybody's interests." I like that argument, but had I been present I would have said, "Dude, why can't someone like both?"

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
ION, the Canadian government, in its work on phasing out the penny, has on this day stopped distributing it to businesses and financial institutions (they already stopped minting them a while ago). Pennies are still in circulation but businesses will soon begin rounding to the nearest 5-cent interval as they start to run out of pennies in their registers.

All I can say is... FINALLY!

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
ION, the Canadian government, in its work on phasing out the penny, has on this day stopped distributing it to businesses and financial institutions (they already stopped minting them a while ago). Pennies are still in circulation but businesses will soon begin rounding to the nearest 5-cent interval as they start to run out of pennies in their registers.

All I can say is... FINALLY!
But where does that leave the phrase "A penny for your thoughts?" huh? HUH? HUH?!?!?!?!?!111!!!

WHERE?!?!? FOR THE LOVE OF CATHERINE BELL, WHERE?!?!?!?

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More stuff you like, the better and more interresting person you are. Stop the hate.

Thiiiiiiiis. I get hate from both sides, because yes, I have dogs and I love to roll around in the mud with them, but I also love shopping, make-up, shoes, etc. These two things can intersect, even, because I have a washing machine and my dogs are well-behaved in stores. :eek:

Wearing high heels does not mean I love my dogs less.

Man, this is still such a sore spot. Weird.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those girls that totally doesn't mind getting licked by dogs. Or having them jump on me. I love getting puppy love. :D

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those girls that totally doesn't mind getting licked by dogs. Or having them jump on me. I love getting puppy love. :D

This. Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kitty cats so much (Aww! Who wouldn't? They're adorable!) but I just can't get enough of big, dopey doggy cuddles. I absolutely must stop and give them ear scritches and cheek ruffles. It's, like, a law. *nods*

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score

Thiiiiis. So much this.

'Cept I've probably mentioned before that anything remotely canine is a puppy to me. Even if it's like, a slobbering, rabid dire wolf on cocaine with cybernetically implanted drills for teeth, some part of me still wants to cuddle and be all like "AWMANWHATACUTEPUPPEH!"

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
(...)some part of me still wants to cuddle and be all like "AWMANWHATACUTEPUPPEH!"

:roll: That's so much like me! The number of times even dog owners have given me that look or out and out said, 'Dude, he's like 15 years old. He's long past puppy...'. Yeah, can't help it. My standard answer is, 'In their heads, they're all still puppies!' :)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Soooo... Apparently my downstairs neighbour accidentally f***ed one of "my" (as in routed to my apartment) fuses while fixing one of his.

Anybody know how to navigate the inside of a fuse box? 'Cause I just look at it and am like, "Uhhhhh... Wires? Knobs? Whut?"

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina!

This is patently untrue. Strawberries are bad for you? Almonds? Shrimp? Spaghetti with whole wheat noodles? Steak and grilled shrooms? Gnishes? Stuffed bell peppers? Coulda fooled me!
Okay, maybe for someone with a serious sweet tooth stuff that tastes good is bad for you.

More stuff you like, the better and more interresting person you are. Stop the hate.

Both of you couldn't have said it any better. It's fun having multiple interests. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: That's so much like me! The number of times even dog owners have given me that look or out and out said, 'Dude, he's like 15 years old. He's long past puppy...'. Yeah, can't help it. My standard answer is, 'In their heads, they're all still puppies!' :)

Yeah, this is me. I've gotten the "what the hell are you smoking?" look when I approach an aggressive 150 pound dog going, "Hi, puppy!" Like this is weird or something! :D

(and no, I've not been bitten since I was three years old)

With that said, I'm neither a dog or cat person. I like them both about equally. Horses, on the other hand.....

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw on the news that King Richard III was supposedly uncovered beneath a parking lot in the U.K.

Status
Not open for further replies.