First rejection

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I received my first rejection today for my first flash fiction ever submitted. Well, maybe I shouldn't be happy, but at least it means I submitted my short story AND someone read it. Besides, it was my first submission, and I was almost sure my letter was too awful to get accepted, even if the story was good enough. It's been so long I didn't expect an answer anymore.
In the answer was "Please understand that this
No most likely means "Not Quite the Right Fit," not "No Good." ". I guess it's just a sentence they always write at the end of the rejection letter not to discourage the writer?

I still have two other submissions, (flash fictions too) one of them with pretty high hopes.

Anyway, just wanted to share my first experience of the n'th circle of hell.

jmichaelfavreau

Smells like bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Try and stay positive, it looks like you are. There are many ways that people phrase their "no" and you may see a lot of them, but you will get there eventually I'm sure. Good luck!

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the "not the right fit doesn't mean no good" is found in a lot of form rejections. But it's actually accurate! I've had stories get form rejections from one place only to have them accepted with only minor revisions by others.

Keep on keeping on! You've made it farther already than a lot of people who want to write.

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. Still writing on. I'll edit it again and try to find another better fitted editor...
Now, still waiting for two other answers...

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
Kudos to you for having the courage to put your work out there! It sounds like you're taking the rejection in stride, which is great and a sign that you have what it takes to persevere. Keep writing, keep honing. Good luck with the other submissions!

Status
Not open for further replies.