Hello from northern Colorado!

Duende

Registered
Reaction score
I read the newbie guide, but I'm still wandering around in circles! Lots to learn.

I have been writing since I can remember. My first mystery novel (at the age of 12) was "The Mystery of the Swollen Bathtub." I still have a copy if anyone wishes to read it. (ha ha) I recently completed a Sherlock Holmes mystery; it's based on the clues and facts of an actual murder. I'd like to find an agent who works with mystery stories, or maybe Sherlock Holmes mysteries. How does one find such a person?

Last edited:

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Duende, from another Mountain Westerner! Yeah, AW is a huge site, so take your time learning to float around. It'll be well worth your while.

If you go near the bottom of this page, you'll see a drop-down arrow. It might say "New Members". If you click on the arrow, you can instantly see all the different subforums help you navigate.

See you 'round the boards.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Welcome aboard. Airship 27 publishes a lot of "new" Sherlock Holmes stories. Don't know what they pay, if anything. You should be able to Google them. I can't tell you anything about them. Sorry.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:, Duende.

I also write mysteries, although mine are set north of you in Montana. However, Holmes and Watson are two of my all-time favorite characters.

I used to visit friends and a fellow writer in Fort Collins and Windsor. I really like the area.

:welcome: to the games afoot around the water cooler.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

InkStainedWench

It's a dirty job, but...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Duende! Grandpa Inkstained grew up on a ranch in Livermore, so we're kinda neighbors.

Duende

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that lead Tom! I will check it out.

Duende

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Tom!

Welcome aboard. Airship 27 publishes a lot of "new" Sherlock Holmes stories. Don't know what they pay, if anything. You should be able to Google them. I can't tell you anything about them. Sorry.

Thanks for the idea about Airship 27 Tom. I will check it out.

Duende

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Hoarder, It's nice to hear from another "New Fish."

Lindy

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm in the Elizabeth area, so quite a jog from you, but Colorado resident all the same :hi:

Hi also to Crastersbabies from out here in the stormy boonies!