Poetry Forum Media Room (AW Poet Readings included)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
TexasPoet and ableseaman have added theirs in a similar thread in the poetry crit forum. You should check those out, too. :)

acockey

Bronies, Bronies Everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of making a podcast about not as well know poets, and I would love to have this community involved, I know it's been awhile but I love the great poets in this community. If interested PM me

Andy

Matty lll

Registered
Reaction score
Something a bit bold of me here, considered I haven't posted a recording (but I will do soon), but I was wondering if anyone would please read this poem and record it for me?

http://www.cregganhistory.co.uk/ulsternames.htm

That would be really great, if Stew or anyone could read even part of this, like the first four stanzas or so, I would like to hear what it sounds like! I promise I'll post my own soon haha

Last edited:

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Billy, they are wonderful!!! Thank you so much. Was a real pleasure to hear yoj read those.

Billytwice

Registered
Reaction score
Cheers Trish,
it was fun to do when I figured it out.
As you said, a Soundcloud recording is quite simple and may add another facet to our diamonds (no matter how rough cut.)
I'd like to hear more AWers read their work, even if hearing your own voice sounds strange. (bordering on awful even.)

So c'mon guys...lets be having you.

Unless there's an issue re. publishing rights perhaps?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
for as much trouble as I had getting a satisfactory recording on the Dead Poet one, that smart ass Minefield one was no problem and I pretty much got it in one take.

;)

Hugh

Registered
Reaction score
No takers? What if I say please :D

Has anyone recorded this for you? I've read it a couple of times and I think I could do it.

ETA: I'm from USA - the reason I said "think I could do it" is because I may get some of the pronunciations wrong.

Last edited:

Hugh

Registered
Reaction score
Meh - sorry. I have to withdraw my offer. I've read it a few more times and I don't think I could do it justice.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't realized we had two of the same thread (well very close to the same thread and they seemed like good candidates to merge) until I happened to scroll back and find that William had started one much earlier than I did. So now they are one.

And while I'm at it, here's my latest recording. It's only 36 seconds long, so, quick.

:)

https://soundcloud.com/trish-stewart-4/uncharted-in-dark-waters

Last edited: