Status
Not open for further replies.

morriss003

Lurking along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
warmhawaiian.wix.com
My goal for this year is to finish at least one novel and publish it. Probably not going to happen. I can finish writing by the end of December, but editing takes about two months, so that means February. On the other hand, I might get industrious and finish sometime in October. I'm working on three novels in my Surviving the Fog series; Howard the Red, Douglas Lives, and Sasha the Scarred.

It would have been nice to finish a couple of novellas in my Tales of the Ragoon series and then publish all of them as a single book, but that's not going to happen this year.

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
Your editing only takes two months? You've got to tell me your secret.

Jane Berry

Registered
Reaction score
My goal for this year is to finish at least one novel and publish it. Probably not going to happen. I can finish writing by the end of December, but editing takes about two months, so that means February.

Maybe make two goals? Finish writing by the end of the year, and finish editing by February. Then you can celebrate twice!

WhirlyGirly

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misreading this, but you sound kind of...um...down on your goals. Like you're already beating yourself up. Don't do that! Set a goal that's hard, but possible. No need to go too easy on yourself, but I don't see why you're setting yourself up to fail.

Bolder

Registered
Reaction score
good luck. goals should be something in your control though... but even if it seems like it's not, getting published seems to be leaning that way. The harder people work the more likely they are to get published, that's what it seems.

malamute

Registered
Reaction score
:) Way to go and good luck, you'll get your babies out there published for all to read, have faith it WILL happen

Heretothere

Introvert Realism
Registered
Reaction score
My resolution for 2014, was to write a novella. And today, I have finished my first read through / draft. Microsoft Word count indicates a tad over 31,000 words, but I think it might be a bit less. Nonetheless, I did it.

And now, I'm going to follow Stephen King's advice (from On Writing) and not look at it or think about it for at least six weeks.

Then, and only then, will I start the 2nd of many re-writes.

SarahEmma

Registered
Reaction score
Remember that saying 'Aim for the moon, that way, even if you miss you'll still be amongst the stars.' Even if you don't get to the editing stage, finishing a novel is a great accomplishment. I wish you the best of luck.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Keep going, OP. Last year, I had a minor stroke which dragged me down mentally and physically for a bit, but I still managed to get a couple of novels submitted and accepted. So far this year, I've had three published (Twisted, Lindsay Versus the Marauders, and Catnip) and the sequel to the Lindsay novel should be out in October or November. I've also gotten three others ready and are on submission. So aim high as a poster before me said, and if you fall short, you can still say you've done what you set out to do--write and finish what you started.

ColdWintersNight

Registered
Reaction score
Not going to promise myself to finish anything by end of the year, but a chapter a month would be lovely. DO IT. DO IT!!!

pinkrobot

I poke badgers with spoons
Registered
Reaction score
Website
impossiblewords.wordpress.com
So how's it coming, morriss? I just finished publishing one book, so I guess my goal now is to have an outline for the next one done by Halloween. Outlining is my least favorite part and always the hardest part for me to get through. =/

sreeves2

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a great set of goals!
I too am writing a novel. I have no idea when I'll finish writing it, though, since I'm a student and have classes and whatnot.
^^
But good luck!

morriss003

Lurking along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
warmhawaiian.wix.com
It's been slow, though I have published quite a few short stories lately. A 41 day trip cut into on my writing. Now that I'm home, I hope to get more done. I publish a scene every Saturday at Google Plus, hashtag saturdayscenes. Check it out if you are interested and post one of your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.