I've worked on this novel for 7 years...Finally querying

Status
Not open for further replies.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I made this thread about a year ago. The book is being published now! Yay! :) Never give up!

Wonderful! Congratulations! (And thanks for the reminder to never give up.)

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Take part in contests if you can. I participated in the "Like a Virgin" contest for unpublished young and new adult writers this spring. I came in 6th place and got a bunch of requests from agents as well as this publisher. I was also supposed to win a critique from an agent (who will remain nameless) as my contest prize, but she blew off giving me my prize. It was discouraging. I waited months.

Eventually, I gave up and began submitting to the requesting agents. I wasn't very hopeful since I hadn't had my professional critique, but I figured, what the hell? The first one I submitted to was this publisher. I waited about a week and a half or so, and then I got an email offering a book deal. :) :) :)

I never could have done it without this contest! If you write new or young adult, be sure to take part next year!

RaggedEdge

I can do this
Registered
Reaction score
I remember the ups and down in your journey, Andi! So thrilled for you!
:hooray:

odysseyofnoises

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, it took you seven years to write it? o_O That's a bloody long time, I wonder why it would take that long to write a book, unless it's like 1000 pages or something haha.

Either way, good job.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, it took you seven years to write it? o_O That's a bloody long time, I wonder why it would take that long to write a book, unless it's like 1000 pages or something haha.

Either way, good job.

Oh, it's easy to do! Sometimes when you reach the end, the book isn't quite what you want. I have one I've been working on for 20 years. it's pretty sweet now, but it needed a lot of putting aside and taking out again to meddle with it.

kdaniel171

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Congratulations for the completion and best of luck

First of all, I want to congratulate you for such a great work.
Secondly, I want to say best of luck for the publication. God always gives the best for hardworking and you will surely get the best for yours.
By the way, it is a great achievement and best of luck for your new novels.

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'll be working on my story for 7 years this coming Jan. 3, so I can imagine how relieving an exciting it must be. Good luck with getting an agent. To see your book on published after such hard work will be the greatest feeling--and it's only a matter of time! Congratulations!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Take part in contests if you can. I participated in the "Like a Virgin" contest for unpublished young and new adult writers this spring. I came in 6th place and got a bunch of requests from agents as well as this publisher. I was also supposed to win a critique from an agent (who will remain nameless) as my contest prize, but she blew off giving me my prize. It was discouraging. I waited months.

Eventually, I gave up and began submitting to the requesting agents. I wasn't very hopeful since I hadn't had my professional critique, but I figured, what the hell? The first one I submitted to was this publisher. I waited about a week and a half or so, and then I got an email offering a book deal. :) :) :)

I never could have done it without this contest! If you write new or young adult, be sure to take part next year!
What a fantastic update! Congrats again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.