Never. Give. Up. Listen to me. NEVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xDream

Hopeful Fish
Registered
Reaction score
This is kind of late, but congratulations~ I can't even imagine all the hard work and patience it took, but it paid off. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Congratulations and that's a big NEVER GIVE UP!

But, as you said, you rewrote it and revised it and got input. That's also the key. Listen to what others have to say, listen to your gut. Then get it out there again.

:partyguy:

*puts on Teacher hat*

Exactly, stormie. I wasn't shopping the same draft for 9 years. The draft that sold is 75% different--at least--from the first one. This book was my learning curve.

/teacher hat

*opens more champagne for the new folks in the thread*

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
What a great story. Congratulations! :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Calla Lily!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much deserved, lady. Drink that champaign and celebrate hard. Not just for a STB published novel, but for never giving up!

BeeG

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

Congratulations!
A great story to prove that you should never give up and keep believing in your story.

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!! And thanks for the encouragement.

HoosierJoe

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with ya sister. Never give up. Keep improving. I recently had one of my short stories rejected, TWICE, by the same magazine editor. He gave me feedback both times, and did say that it was improved the second time around but still not what he was looking for. And he nicely said don't send it again. But both times, his editorial comments, although brief were gold to me. So, instead of taking it personally, I let the story sit in my mind a couple of weeks and rewrote it. And I know for a fact that it is good enough now and will be picked up. And I continue to use those editorial suggestions in other writing.

My goal was to get published by age 30. Then it was age 40. Then it was age 50. And finally it happened at age 55. I recently found a typed copy of an old story from decades ago. I would have rejected it too. The waiting was worth it.

irenadel

Registered
Reaction score
Website
teobath.blogspot.com
I write silly stories about my cats. One of my silly stories is getting published in Spider Magazine soon.

I've got another of those in the works and it has been giving me trouble. It's made me want to give up on writing silly stories about that particular cat and that, in turn, has depressed me quite a bit because that particular cat died just last week in lots of pain. I don't want to give up on his silly story.

Thank you... this is just what I needed to read... Congratulations! I'm glad the creation you nurtured finally took off and that you never lost your courage. I shall try to do the same!

Last edited:

Lena Hillbrand

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Congrats! I think our first novels always have a special place in our hearts, even the ones that DONT make it like yours has. This is a great story. Thank you for sharing.

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
I'm impressed, and I admire your persistence and hard work. That's so awesome. Congratulations!! :)

Little Ming

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, just saw this - congrats!!! :snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

*politely sips apple cider*

Amy Writes

Aim for tomorrow
Registered
Reaction score
That is amazing. Congratulations! You must have given that book a lot of love to turn it from a first (practice) novel into something publishable. I am filled with admiration.

I´m filing this in my mental folder of: "Stories to Remember When I Am Disheartened."

Turhan

Someone
Registered
Reaction score
That is incredible! What a battle cry for authors ...Never. Ever. Give. Up. Well done and I wish you much success :)

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.