• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

JDD Media

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
"Argue or don`t argue our concerns and story has been communicated.You go as fast as you want in the wrong direction and eat popcorn or whatever you want... I do not answer to you dufas." - Josh Dinnerman, "Publisher"

Love your sig, Arlen! :ROFL:

MartyKay

Sockpuppet Hunter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
martykay.blogspot.com
Joshua Dinnerman in PM said:
lets go take your best shot..
If you need to attack us and you want to threaten people,

You want a piece of us?

Bring it on tough guy..

Err... yeah... here... have a dancing banana :banana:

Arlen James

Registered
Reaction score
Celeste said:
Love your sig, Arlen!
EmoteROFL.gif
Thanks. Ungrammatical schoolyard trash-talk from so-called "publishers" and other "literary professionals" never fails to amuse me. I guess I'm just a "dufas."
EmoteROFL.gif

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Arlen James said:
Thanks. Ungrammatical schoolyard trash-talk from so-called "publishers" and other "literary professionals" never fails to amuse me. I guess I'm just a "dufas."
EmoteROFL.gif

You dufas! Lol...;)

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
MartyKay said:
NicoleJLeBoeuf.. you missed "alleged scammer posts poorly spelled and ungrammatical posts, argues like a six-year-old and eventually is banned as a troll"
Ah, well, I had rather included it in my broad mental category of "alleged scammer's behavior causes regulars to drop the 'alleged' bit when referring to scammer". Sloppy of me, though--one can be a troll with a 6-year-old writing level without actually being a scammer.

I also missed "Insults everyone who responds to him" and "lies like a bear rug."

Mr. Dinnerman said:
Also how do you know why I registered?
I claim no mind-reading powers, of course, but the man had all the symptoms: following several days of discussion, he registered and made his Very First Numero Uno Post in that discussion in order to defend himself. Every post since then was in the same discussion. That's a pretty strong clue, there.

Mr. Dinnerman said:
Argue or don`t argue....
Don't look at me, bub, I'm just part of the peanut gallery. *munch* Looks like the show's over, though.

This has been very fun. I especially liked the bit about "Do you have a real job or is this how you spend all your time?" after my... er... two whole posts in the thread.

Jennifer, I totally want to hear how this turns out. Let us know if the brat gets his richly deserved can of whoop-*** opened at 'im.

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
As far as I know the publishing schedule is erratic, but I don't know for sure. I know the issue I wrote for in Senior View was "delayed several months," as per my source. Joshua told me that the magazine is put in banks and things and available for free to the general public. But, then again, I could be wrong because he seems to be recanting everything I *thought* he told me.

He has been e-mailing me back and forth for a few days and "requested"...ok, *demanded* that I keep it private, so I am doing so. But basically, he is just sending insult after insult and trying to get me to recant everything in order to get my money.

Chip, Chris, any contact from him?

I suspect he is just blustering to put off paying. I still doubt that I'll get paid. I'm not sure what to do next.

Jennifer Della'Zanna

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Jennifer, don't sign any agreements without a lawyer's advice.

Furthermore, some other writers are coming out of the woodwork, so to speak. Their emailed comments reveal that this scam has been going on for years.

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
yes, well, now he is supposedly going full steam ahead and suing me. He says it doesn't matter the cost or the time. He is going to take me to court! Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Dave, how many people have "come out of the woodwork?"

Jennifer DZ

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
So, on his website it lists a charge of 2% per month for every unpaid invoice. If I did that to him, I'd get another whole $20. Maybe I should add that to my bill?

Jennifer Della'Zanna

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I've never been sued before. Please tell me you're intimating that this is not going to be a bad thing!!!

Jennifer DZ
(gulp)

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
It's my opinion he's bluffing because going forward with a suit would open up his records to your attorney which would just blow Dinnerman's case apart before he even reached the court.

If he charges interest on unpaid invoices, then it seems only fair to treat him in the same manner. Still, that's your decision.

I can't reveal how many people are contacting me because that would give him information he doesn't deserve to have at this time.

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
<<I can't reveal how many people are contacting me because that would give him information he doesn't deserve to have at this time.>>

Fair enough. If it does get as far as a lawsuit, though, can I e-mail you in a total panic and count on you to calm me down? :)

How does that stupid quote thingy work on the bottom of the list. Do I click on that first and then somehow click on reply? I'm lost.

Jennifer DZ

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
JenniferDZ said:
How does that stupid quote thingy work on the bottom of the list. Do I click on that first and then somehow click on reply?

Jennifer, just click Quote at the bottom of the message you're replying to. The message will show up in a reply box; you then edit it so it shows just the part you're responding to, and write your reply.

Lots of bullies claim they're going to sue. Few do, for the reasons mentioned. He threatens to sue? Okay. You can countersue.

mreddin

Dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough. If it does get as far as a lawsuit, though, can I e-mail you in a total panic and count on you to calm me down?

Scammers usually do not follow through on suits since it risks bringing certain pieces of information to light that could not only ruin the scam, but land the perpetrator in prison. However, the gentleman may simply be mentally ill. We have a local "business man" who is sociopathic and sues others so frequently that the courts know him by name. He seldom wins, he does it to intimidate and instill fear in those he sees as his enemies. The problem is the legal system is expensive, so even if he has no case, legal fees can run into the many thousands of dollars. I certainly would be "nervous" from a financial stand point, but I would not fear "losing". It's just a time sink most writers like yourself don't need.

Mike

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
He won't sue you Jennifer. He's a blustering bully. These boards have seen plenty of his ilk. Sleep easy and keep writing. People like you who shine a light on these types are to be commended. You and Cathi have helped save a few writers from working for a deadbeat.

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
mreddin said:
It's just a time sink most writers like yourself don't need.

You can say that again. I have already invested too much time and energy into it. But if there's any chance of making this right for other people, I think it might be worth it. I so want to make this guy pay for what he's done to people, and I've had some more very interesting information today that makes me want to do it even more!

Jennifer DZ

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Aconite for the posting tip. I did it! Yay, I'm so proud of myself! <g>

Jennifer DZ

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Oh hi there David,
Just wanted to let you know that today marks the start of a brand new week
since we asked you stop your attack on us.Please note that your efforts and
attempts to smear people are unjust and will be dealt with legally.
I also hope that your"independent"stance means you do not have any sponsors or
monetary backers that are supporting your onslaught.
We will most certainly through a discovery understand who it is that you are
speaking of in regards to our wrong doing.I do hope that you can proove your
allegations because you have already smeared us.

Cordially!

Well, gee now, should I be frightened? ;)

JenniferDZ

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Frank. I just hope that people will check this forum before agreeing to write for him. I Googled him before I started, but nothing bad came up. I think it is now, but I wonder how long it will stay there?

Jennifer DZ

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
DaveKuzminski said:
We will most certainly through a discovery understand who it is that you are speaking of in regards to our wrong doing.
The legal discovery process will certainly turn up nothing flattering about Mr. Supperdude. But perhaps it will uncover that missing space that ought to have been put after each of his full-stop punctuation marks.

I suggest checking behind the sofa.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Based on the information I have seen, I strongly recommend that any writers and advertisers having contact before with JDD should contact the IRS and the FBI. Together, you have enough information to put JDD away for a few years.