MayNoWriMo - This time it's personal!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. What I really need to do is research children's publishers for an old novel of mine, then submit it.

Maybe I can fit that in, in-between working on essays and studying for the exam?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So I decided to check my Semester 2 timetable options. I had already enrolled in 3 classes, right?

So it's a good thing I checked. The one subject I have to do clashes with my Drama elective. I was actually thinking about dropping Drama anyway, but now I have to.

Going to choose a replacement subject soon. But it'll take me a while... I'm not sure what I want to do yet.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Finished another project! Woo! :) Just need to make up a recording to attach to the bottom of the last project and I'm all done. :D Plus a stats assignment... If I can get them done in the next two hours (internet shuts off at 10 and I won't be able to do either after that) I'll have completed all of my goals for the month! :)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Arrrgghhhh!!!

So I finally chose a replacement subject. It didn't clash with the one I had to do - it was perfect! So I spent 5 minutes enrolling in it, went to do my new timetable and...

The new subject clashes with the OTHER elective! Arghh!!!!

So now I have to unenrol from another subject, and choose a new topic. Only I have to decide in advance which elective is best for me, and hope it fits.

Gah!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
*breathes deep sigh of relief*

Okay, so I have my 3 subjects. My timetable has been chosen. Nothing clashes. Phew!

So I wound up ditching my 2 electives completely.

The classes I'm doing next semester shall now be:

Professional English (for Creative Writing Major)
The Individual And Society (overloading my Philosophy Major - hopefully I'm allowed to do that! Eep!)
Gender, Power And Change: Introducing Feminist Debates (a Women's Studies elective that looked interesting)

And that's it! No more changes! It was a huge headache sorting this out, but it's done now!

The key to working it out was to realise that I can do 2nd and 3rd year Sociology topics without having done 2 in 1st year (I've done 1). So I ditched Sociology B, and everything then fell into place.

And I can even do some Women's Studies topics in 2nd and 3rd year without having done 2 of the subjects in 1st year, which will give me more options if I decide I like the course. :)

Done! *pours coffee and whimpers*

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, Cliff! Sounds frustrating... A little funny in a twisted way, but frustrating. You'll find something. :)

ETA: Crosspost!

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I remember that I'm going to be screwed if I don't get an A. 0_o lol.

Just the stats and I'm all done... I really don't know why my calculator isn't working for it. I ran out of time to figure it out while I was taking a practice quiz this morning, so since it was multiple choice on all three questions I guessed... Ended up getting them all right somehow...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Y'know, come to think of it, I'm pretty happy with my new subject choices.

I was considering changing my electives anyway. So as frustrating as the last hour or so was, it steered me in the right direction. :)

Now, if only I had the willpower to work on my essay!

I figured out that I can finish my English essay by Sunday night, first draft, and I then have about a week to do my Philosophy essay, then a couple of days for editing.

Just need to force myself to actually do it!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
You can do it, Cliff. :)

No, I don't need them for college, but my mom would be pissed if I fucked up my 4.0 GPA with the last class of high school. ._. Don't need to worry about that right now...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, parental pressure...

I knew a guy in High School. His sister had, the previous year, gotten a perfect score for final year of High School. He had a nervous breakdown in one of my classes, saying it was too stressful following in his sister's footsteps.

Poor bugger. It didn't help matters that he was studying 5 hours a night and still getting lower scores than me, and I was studying for maybe 15 minutes a night... Whoops.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
My mom's pissed cuz my brother has a D in math right now. =/ Parental pressure is contagious... Thankfully, he won't be in high school until NEXT year, in which my parents will expect him to have perfect grades or he will be punished severely...

I'm not as worried about it for college. ;) No need to keep them perfect... Just need to keep them good.

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
And look at my beautiful to-do list from the first of this month!

*Finish the stupid tri-fold by Thursday morning
*Finish my stupid science project (which means get my rat to behave) hopefully by the end of the week
*Make second stupid tri-fold and prepare rat for Take Your Rat to School Day (my science teacher really just wants me to bring her to class...)
*keep up with my statistics class
*finish two more fucking units of Spanish (BLEHHH)
*and whatever else people decide to throw in my direction...

Isn't it pretty? :) May was a good month. Hope to make the next one great.

~Amber~

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I got a few words written before I went back to sleep. I mostly sick today so, I missed the whole "starting at midnight" thing. I feel my muse slowly leaving me for some reason. I'm starting to get worried I won't win Camp Nano. :( I wonder if doing that outline was a bad idea. I don't know. I really don't think it is but I just hope this inspiration/writing thing is mostly due to the fact that I was sick. I guess then again I could always follow my outline and BS my way through at the same time. Haha.