Status
Not open for further replies.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Today was a better day. I'm taking three of the herbal antidepressant it seems to be helping already... I'm not great yet but I feel like I'm on the first tiny step of improving.

I got some editing done today and even planned out my herb garden some.

I bought a new pair of work shoes... That aren't black. They are green.

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kia))) I hope your kitty pulls through this no problem. I'm so sorry.

I have walls in my kitchen again! And I finished my latest round of revisions, prompted by all the wonderful resources y'all shared with me about self-editing. I'm going to let these breathe, write on the SNI, and work on the query.

I've been thinking about what to do when this one last full comes back. If I get any feedback that seems like the problem is the manuscript, I'll revise. But if I get the same feedback I've been getting ("interesting, but not for me"), I'm wondering if a small press might not be a better match for the manuscript.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could well be. It might not be crazy early to start checking out which ones would be the best fit.

Maryn, who just realized she's still wearing the apron she put on around 4:30

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Rick and Fire, that was the single best exchange I've ever seen in here. :ROFL:

Y'all win the internets today!

((Caleb)))

((Kia))

I am totally drained. It's been quite a week! Awesome, absolutely. But the no eating/no sleeping has caught up with me. Hoping to get this baby to bed soon.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
may, sounds like all good things!
and yes, i have been thinking the same
for my not quite fitting in genres or age
groups novel on sub currently. good luck!

caleb, thanks for checking in.
and i'm so glad it was a better day today.

had a lovely quiet dinner out tonight.
had never seen that restaurant that empty. ha!

also, tried to explain to hub what Fantasy
Island was about. failed. ha!

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kinda hard to summarize without it sounding like p0rn.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Also, this again proves that all straight people are straight until they aren't. Just saying. :tongue

Straight Jo is straight until Joan from Mad Men. OMG. It's a little odd to be sitting there with my husband knowing we're both oogling the same person. ;)

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
Also, this again proves that all straight people are straight until they aren't. Just saying. :tongue

Ha! I was trying to think of a suitable response last night, along those lines but my brain hurt too much. That line will do it. :D

Hey, at least all your hands were accounted for... :tongue

:ROFL:

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Stayed offline to spend Super Bowl Sunday with D. Great game with a unique second half. Enjoyed the commercials, too.

Also spent time looking for a place to move closer to his work. Result, we need more money. Still.

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from the vets to discuss Sable's prognosis so far and long term outlook.
For a moment we were really hopeful, as she looked brighter and could stand on her own. She was no longer seizing either. But the vet cautioned us that she is only this bright now because she is being supported by constant fluid therapy. The levels of waste by products in her blood are extremely high. It is possible that when they take her off fluids later on today, she will be unable to get enough fluid into her system to help support her damaged kidneys. If this happens she will relapse and we will have no choice but to put her down. But, if she can keep drinking enough and she is still stable we might be able to take her home tomorrow for at home care (sub cutaneous fluids). The best outcome right now for her is that her kidneys keep responding to the drugs and she keeps drinking. She will be forever on medication and her life span is drastically shortened, but we will still have her with us for however long we are allowed to.

I am as mad as I can be at my supervisor. I needed today as emergency holiday, and she gave me the run around about it lecturing me about not sending them emails paired with a phone call at the required time to let them know situations that prevent us from going to work. I was in near tears, telling her my cat was most likely going to die, and she was lecturing me about the appropriate time to send messages.

I'm trying not to be too hopeful...but when I see this face it's hard not to be...

PKOKZkvl.jpg

B78Wcusl.jpg

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
((((Kiahanna)))), I really hope she pulls through.
Sorry the boss is being such a jerk.

Today, the good news, the remains found beneath a car park in Leicester are those of Richard III.
The bad news - finding out that if you want publicity from your publisher you have to be a top-seller, high profile name. Go figure. Feeling very down just about now.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
{{{Kiahanna}}}

{{{fire}}}

*waves at Purgatory* I stepped away from the Net for the weekend to watch some classic horror and knit kiddo a TARDIS hat. It was relaxing. Things have ramped right up there again now that it's Monday.

For some reason I'm hesitant to walk into B&N to see if my book is out. Don't know why. :e2shrug:

Kiahanna

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am trying to get holiday for tomorrow to be here to tend Sable if needs be. But, according to my supervisor, emergency holiday is for emergencies, and this isn't an emergency.....

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Morning purgies!

Happy birthday Maer!

Happy birthday Blue!

{kia}

{fire}

lily - good luck book hunting if you decide to go to B&N!

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Today will be spent helping out a friend whose septic system has decided to die. So, she'll be over here so she can get a shower, etc. So, no writing for me today. But, good company instead. :)

Dragon- ever so glad you had a good b-day!

((Kia))

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, purgs! Rearranged my desk a bit this weekend in the hopes that this will help my poor screwed-up shoulders. My doc was all "so, have you thought about fibromyalgia?" and I was all "DUDE, they're just knots."

Seriously, one incurable disease is enough, I think. Sheesh.

{{{{Kia}}}} I'm so sorry, darlin'. It's such an awful feeling when they get sick. I hope yours pulls through, and Maryn's right: don't blame yourself. We can't protect them from everything, much as we want to.

Fire, I saw that news this morning. SO COOL.

Okay, so the good news is that I have definitely improved as a writer since 2011. The bad news is that if it takes me as long to fix up the rest of the Israel book as it did the first page, it should be ready to see daylight sometime in 2019 :rolleyes:

Right there with you. My UF is asking me for a total rewrite at the moment. I'm going to give it a few weeks to percolate before I decide to be that drastic, but it's looking more likely all the time.

*sigh*

I can confirm that Clovia is indeed excellent at sex scenes. :tongue

QFT. Ngh.

Straight Jo is straight until Joan from Mad Men. OMG. It's a little odd to be sitting there with my husband knowing we're both oogling the same person. ;)

Straight sunna is straight unti--- hell, nevermind, I can't even say that with a straight face, let alone other parts. :rolleyes:

Mr. sunna and I are often ogling the same people. Though he doesn't share my undying love for R@ch3l W3isz, for reasons unfathamoble.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAER and BLUE!!!

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
Dog wedding?

Hell of a dog wedding.

(((Kia))) Hope kitty pulls through.

Morning, folks. I have too much blood in my coffeestream; time to go hunt down some more.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Happy day, Maer & Blue!

{{Kia}} So sorry about the kitty worries, but very happy to hear that your co-worker won't be hassling you any more.

Caleb - I expect to see green shoes at lunch today.

Mornin' folk.

It's very hard to have a meeting at 9 with someone who isn't here yet. *keeps an eye out for Flaky Boss* Diptard the Boy Wonder had pissed me off already this morning, so I guess that's the kind of week it's going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.