Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Ali, I love that you edited a post for reason of "unfunky banana". :ROFL:

I wanna play Muggle Quidditch!

I know right?! We should have a Cantina Quidditch team :D

Evening folks. Did I mention how tired I am today? Because I am TIRED.

:e2thud:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
:gaah

Annoying things are annoying. Can't wait for the 24th!!

*Dons rose tinted spectacles*

Try it this way.

Today's Thursday, so if you're leaving next Friday, you only have one more Monday, and one more Tuesday and one more Wednesday to go, and you've done a reasonable amount of Thursday so you're almost there with that, and no one, absolutely no one works on their last day anyway, so that's the 24th taken care of. So after today you only really have one working week to go - five days working and then Friday to twiddle about - Cool.

Now, if you decide to go slow or count the paper clips or something what's the worst that can happen? *Hands up anyone who can tell that my mother used to be a union shop steward*

AM_Lyvers

Wonder Brat
Registered
Reaction score
Wow... This will be my second post since I just signed up to AW an hour ago. While checking out the new posts, I was immediately drawn to this Cantina because a) I <3 SF/F and b) I've always wanted to be the new kid, entering a cantina, stopping the music as everyone inside turns to see who has arrived...only to be mildly irritated as they see it's just another noob. Back to the revelry! Noob goes and sits in a corner, sulking. Then she remembers she has a cookie in her ever-useful bag of unlimited treats, and nibbles merrily.
Hi everyone!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
While checking out the new posts, I was immediately drawn to this Cantina because

You're under our influence already.

Hi everyone!
:welcome:

Drink? We have the magical refilling glasses and there's a handy map which I er, well, I seem to have misplaced mine, but Psycho always carries one.

And have a funky banana too :banana:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Wow... This will be my second post since I just signed up to AW an hour ago. While checking out the new posts, I was immediately drawn to this Cantina because a) I <3 SF/F and b) I've always wanted to be the new kid, entering a cantina, stopping the music as everyone inside turns to see who has arrived...only to be mildly irritated as they see it's just another noob. Back to the revelry! Noob goes and sits in a corner, sulking. Then she remembers she has a cookie in her ever-useful bag of unlimited treats, and nibbles merrily.
Hi everyone!

:welcome:

Grab a glass of something and pull up a stool. There's a chocolate fountain over on the endless buffet. Bring your own favorite person to dunk!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Oh hey! The heating people have the part for my heater! They'll be over tomorrow to install.

This time, for sure it'll work, right?

Right???

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Honey rum? Interesting. I've tried mead, is it similar - tastewise?

It's a bit less fiery going down and tastes more of honey (although, that just could be the mead I had. I'm not convinced it was very good, despite the cool bottle. :) It's very nice, anyway.

Watch a better show?

:D

Sorry, they lost me in episode 2 when the bad guys were using *torches* in the woods. Are bad guys not allowed to use flashlights or something? Is that against union rules?

It does have its "Er?" moments, but I love the idea so much and the general gist of it that I can forgive it quite a bit. I have a huge love of fairy tales and especially modern retellings and general expansions. In fact, one of my stalled WIPs, an idea that has been in my head for over 20 years, is an expansion of Snow White. I've got buttloads of academic books on the topic, as well as every book of fairy tale revisions I can find. It's a... thing. Grimm suits that love. :)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh hey! The heating people have the part for my heater! They'll be over tomorrow to install.

Right???

Right, and it will because everything's going right in the cantina this week and if it doesn't it'll make the universe all wrong so this time it's going to work because it has too.

AM_Lyvers

Wonder Brat
Registered
Reaction score
There's a chocolate fountain over on the endless buffet. Bring your own favorite person to dunk!
If I'm going to dunk anyone, it'd be tough to decide between Eric (True Blood), Steve and Chin (Hawaii 5-O), Carth (KOTOR), and Lucas North (Spooks aka MI-5). Don't make me choose one!!!!!!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We can put a pitch in by the lake and get a real snitch...

Right???

Flip a coin?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Hey, guys, she has a bag of unlimited treats! Knock her down, take it from her! ;)

Hi, AM, I'm Junely. I'm annoying, but mostly harmless. Pull up a chair, sit a spell, and watch out for the kraken.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Welcome! Beware the hat velociraptor - he got lost a few days back. Fen (It was Fen, wasn't it?) tried to say she meant "THAT velociraptor", but it was too late. The narritivium took over and the hat velociraptor was born.

Also, smibbles. And apparently the Kracken is feeling a bit delicate, so try not to upset her.

AM_Lyvers

Wonder Brat
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! I will have them all, thank you very much. I don't mind sharing the bag of unlimited treats cuz yanno, it *is* unlimited. I'd get hissy if there was a limited number of red velvet cupcakes.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great googly moogly, that was exhausting.

I hereby place a ban on all-day meetings. Effective immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.