NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
And I'm done!

50,000 words. The story isn't done, but I'm tempted to just make a mountain fall on their heads and just be done with it. It's not my best piece of work, but there are some redeeming things and I plan to overhaul the story and hopefully make it work.

Mirth

Registered
Reaction score
*presses the "2012 NaNoWriMo I Tried" button* :e2cry:

I didn't think I was so tired from studying to that test. I slept all day yesterday and didn't write a word. I would now need to hit 10k every day to finish on time, but I won't do this. It wouldn't do me any good, I know it.

I was really confident, but Life got in the way. Maybe next year...

At least I'm writing a novel again after 13 years, and I feel very happy about it.

Proudly wrote 1,400 words today. My humble daily goal from now on. :)

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Congratulations to everyone who hit 50K :)

I'm at 42,085 now, and starting to freak out a little, given some other deadlines I have before the 30th. I think I'll make it, though.

It was fun when it wasn't giving me fits. That's the main thing.

Right?

Absolutely! You had fun, and you have more than you started the month with. That's excellent all on its own :hooray:
At least I'm writing a novel again after 13 years, and I feel very happy about it.

I also think this makes it worth it, no matter what your word count :hooray:

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
50,735 and a winner! Whee! I feel great. Not even bothered about the fact that I still have eight chapters to go...

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
13,519 through the 26th.

I'm going to try to make it. Good thing about working part time from home is that I can spend virtually every waking minute between now and the end of the month adding words.

I don't have high hopes for the book itself, though when I finish I'll put it aside for a bit and then see what I can do with it looking with fresh eyes.

What I've gained from the experience: I'll almost certainly end up doubling last year's word count, and tripling it is entirely within reason. More importantly, I'm developing the discipline to write every day.

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't finish this year, nor did I really expect to. I got some wonderful ideas through the writing process that I'll incorporate into my outline. At that point, I was satisfied. I can't write a book in a month. I can't even write one in a year--at least a coherent one I'm pleased with.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
At the end of today I have 124,801. Hopefully I will hit my new goal of 140k.

I am shocked I was able to write this much. I started the month thinking I was going to struggle to hit 50k.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As about half an hour ago, 50,149.

I? Have won NaNo #9.

I honestly had my doubts this year. This November has been the worst for me on record, even worse than 2007 when we were coping with flood repairs. I spent four days in the hospital earlier this month and while I'd built up a considerable word bank before I'd gone in, I wasn't sure if I was going to get the momentum going again. I'd figured if I was going to make it, I would but I was also prepared for that possibility I wasn't. Since I got out, there was only one day I didn't even make par but I pulled ahead in the time I had left and was able to validate a little bit ago. The story isn't even half finished but I'm going to continue through December and January, as I've done in the past but for now?

I'm going to bed.

Mirth

Registered
Reaction score
OMG do we get one?

Like, totally. :tongue Fantastic idea. You have my vote.

I also think this makes it worth it, no matter what your word count :hooray:

Thanks. My official word count will be around 15k by the end of NaNo. Not so bad, given that I had to take care of my sick cat (he's ok now) and basically decide my future this month. :)

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm now at 48084 (palindromic, love it. :D) so if I can get just under 2k written tonight, I've made the target of "Win by Wednesday" I set at the start of the week. I'm still a long way from done though. Estimate at least another 30k to go, so no slacking off! December is a busy month, so have to make the most of every bit of writing time I can get. No days off tomorrow or on December 1st or anything.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
My novel is finished! But I have a short story I need to finish by Dec. 3rd.

Time to get back to work. :e2BIC:

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
I got one toe over the line and immediately declared myself a winner! OO YA!

At last I can shower!

All the best to NaNoNauts everywhere, finished or not, pungent or perfumed :).

fole: 50,071

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Foley!!

3.2K written today, half my mains dead...yep, the end of the first draft should be near.

wickedimp

n@
Registered
Reaction score
I find it somewhat cruel that we don't get one more weekend day to write before the deadline. But I am up to 47077 and should finish Thursday night. Or else I'm leaving work early on Friday to finish. ;)

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I love watching all these word counts come in :e2cheer:
I'm at 44,400 as of last night, which means I'm creeping closer to being caught up. Getting there!

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not stopping until the end of November, but, well, hopes aren't high for winning. Or for finishing the book, since the characters' behavior is getting less and less like what I know of how humans work. But the discipline is good; I mentioned in a different thread, I've come to realize just how easy it is to write 2,000 words a day.

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
I got to 49,313 words.

Then I looked at that number. Then I calculated. Then I realized I had 687 words to go until a victory.

Then I wrote 748 more words.

50,061 words. My first NaNo victory, in five or six years of doing it, and four years of "serious" NaNoing.

Then I squee-ed and called my mom and almost gave her a heart attack because she couldn't understand what I was saying and couldn't tell if I was ecstatic or dying. :D

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
48, 275!

Congrats on everyone who won Nano! I think I'll finish one day early. I'm tempted to finish now, but I need some sleep. I honestly didn't think I'd make it this far.