Not open for further replies.

Sai

Book lover/Spy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kuri-ousity.com
Congrats Greenroom and Renard!

My braggage isn't W1S1, but I have to crow that my middle-grade medieval mystery novel, The London Hurdy Gurdy, was accepted by Royal Fireworks Press yesterday as the sequel to Trouble at the Scriptorium (which is due out at the end of the week). Woo hoo! Makes me want to run around in a suit of armor and sing Gregorian chant!

Congrats! Your book sounds exactly like the kind of books I devoured when I was in the middle-grade bracket. Nice work!

Congrats on the story, Alex :).

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Looks like I missed a lot of success while I was on vacation! Far too much to name everyone, so congrats to the whole lot of you.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think I just had an "aha!" moment.

GreenRoom, I so obviously need your books in my class room. I teach middle grades. :) Ebenezer's Locker and Scriptorium sound perfect; Scriptorium aligns well with 7th grade history too. ;)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
I think I just had an "aha!" moment.

GreenRoom, I so obviously need your books in my class room. I teach middle grades. :) Ebenezer's Locker and Scriptorium sound perfect; Scriptorium aligns well with 7th grade history too. ;)

Thanks, Renard. (Those books are mine, not Greenroom's, actually! It does get confusing around here.) That would be awesome! Scriptorium will be available in a week or so, directly from the publisher at rfwp.com. Ebenezer's Locker is ebook only, which can make it trickier to use in class, depending on the equipment in your school.

And Alex, congrats on the story and on getting the Kickstarter rolling. That's a big accomplishment.

-Anne

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Not a W1S1 braggage but I *finally* got through all the red tape (setting up amazin payment, getting approval, etc.) and the UFO Kickstarter campaign is a go! Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/776571295/unidentified-funny-objects-anthology-of-humor-sf-a

I love reading humour so your Kickstarter's got my support, even though I don't write comedy, except by accident... Liked the video - Dennis Miller (did I get that right) has a wonderful voice.

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sorry Lizardmaker! I get easily tripped up after work!

Well, Scriptorium I can easily bring in. We don't have e-books up and running yet, unfortunately... I'll look for Scriptorium soon.

Alex, your golden age SF story is well done. Interesting plot!

Last edited:

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Not a W1S1 braggage but I *finally* got through all the red tape (setting up amazin payment, getting approval, etc.) and the UFO Kickstarter campaign is a go! Check it out:
http://www.ufopub.com/twitter

Great site :D Looks like a lot of work went into that. You're sure going above and beyond in what you're offering contributors! Hope the kickstarter campaign makes a bundle! I didn't see a link to pre-order the book. Will that be available at sometime too?

BTW - I checked out your link to your story too and enjoyed reading it.:)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love reading humour so your Kickstarter's got my support, even though I don't write comedy, except by accident... Liked the video - Dennis Miller (did I get that right) has a wonderful voice.

Thank you very much!

Dennis Miller runs a podcast called Smoke and Mirrors. You can hear it at smoke-and-mirrors.us - he isn't as well-known as Escape Pod or Drabblecast, but the production values are of excellent quality!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great site :D Looks like a lot of work went into that. You're sure going above and beyond in what you're offering contributors! Hope the kickstarter campaign makes a bundle! I didn't see a link to pre-order the book. Will that be available at sometime too?

BTW - I checked out your link to your story too and enjoyed reading it.:)

Thanks!

Right now the best place to direct people is Kickstarter. They can pre-order either the e-book or the paperback, among many other reward levels.

Once the Kickstarter campaign has concluded, we will begin accepting pre-orders on the ufopub.com web site.

Oh, and keep in mind the linked story isn't by me - its by Jake Kerr. Don't want to steal his credit :)

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, great work, everybody! Congrats all around! :)

Alex, there's now an AW Kickstarter thread, I think under Announcements? If you haven't already found it, of course.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More braggage! (are all of you tired of me yet?)

"Spidersong," originally published by Daily Science Fiction, has been accepted at Drabblecast as an audio reprint.

I can haz another podcast!

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Alex - good job!

"Spidersong" is intriguing, lovely and creepy all in one. I've never read anything like it...which is a good thing. :)

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Alicia! It's probably my best flash. Well, my best *published* flash. No one wants the one flash story I love dearly :)

Speaking of flash, I just sold "Hell is Other People" to Fantastic Frontiers magazine. It will appear in their second issue. This is yet another Shock Totem contest story. You better believe I will keep participating!

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Alicia! It's probably my best flash. Well, my best *published* flash. No one wants the one flash story I love dearly :)

Speaking of flash, I just sold "Hell is Other People" to Fantastic Frontiers magazine. It will appear in their second issue. This is yet another Shock Totem contest story. You better believe I will keep participating!

Congrats yet again! Wow, you're on a roll!
I also read your DSF story - really liked that one a lot :)

J.W. Alden

The King Who Bore the Sword
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Congrats, Alex!

I have some braggage of my own this afternoon. I just sold "The Dragon Weeps" to Kazka Press. And so far every time I've sold a story I've been out of the house and got the email on my phone. I think I'm developing a superstition!

renard79

Teacher in Space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Congrats, Alex and J.W.!

Already posted my two Rs for today, so here's the balancing braggage: "Truants", the second poem in my Teaching on Mars series, has been sold to The Martian Wave (Sam's Dot Publishing) for their 2013 issue. :D

Last edited:

Eliza C

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to JW and Renard!!

mhaynes

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Congrats, Alex!

I have some braggage of my own this afternoon. I just sold "The Dragon Weeps" to Kazka Press. And so far every time I've sold a story I've been out of the house and got the email on my phone. I think I'm developing a superstition!

Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.