Read any good LGBT lit lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Kim, sorry to hear about the breakup, surgery, and life just getting at you. S--t happens and you've gotta be strong enough to deal with it.

Twisted came out March 6th (Japan time) and I've already made a few sales in just about two weeks. It was a really enjoyable experience writing it, and I'm anxiously awaiting the next round of edits for Lindsay Versus the Marauders. If anyone is open for a few ARC's of Twisted, let me know by PM, please.

As an aside, I read Luna a while back. Rather sad, but with a hopeful ending, this is a solid novel to read. It ain't very pleasant in many places, but it's interesting and, I thought, well written.

cruellae

The evil twin; plotting
Registered
Reaction score
I recently finished Chulito by Charles Rice-Gonzales. It's a coming of age/coming out story about a gay young man living in the South Bronx. One of the best things about it was what a vivid picture it painted of the neighborhood Chulito grew up in and the characters around him, from the drug dealer who takes him under his wing to the owner of the local bodega. I also loved the fast paced dialogue, which came across (at least to my admittedly clueless ears) as very authentic. Chulito himself was a great character, and I found it really interesting to watch him find his place as a gay man in his own culture. The book had a very hopeful tone and an optimistic ending. I certainly enjoyed it.

SaveitForaRainyDay

Registered
Reaction score
I really liked 'Something Like Summer' by Jay Bell (Have to admit the cover drew me in slightly.) So much happened in one book yet it didn't feel rushed at all, unlike some other books. I can't wait to check out the rest of the series.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this up because Lord Neil of Gaiman has written a lesbian retelling of my favorite fairy tale!!!!

Link.

Only downside is now if ever get around to finishing MY lesbian retelling of Sleeping Beauty, it'll look like I'm ripping him off. Dang it!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this up because Lord Neil of Gaiman has written a lesbian retelling of my favorite fairy tale!!!!

Link.

Only downside is now if ever get around to finishing MY lesbian retelling of Sleeping Beauty, it'll look like I'm ripping him off. Dang it!
----

That'll teach you to write faster!:D

Corinne Duyvis

My New Cat Is Too Big for Shoulders
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.corinneduyvis.com
Has anyone read FAR FROM YOU by Tess Sharpe? I loved it. It's about a bi girl trying to solve her girlfriend's murder. Obviously, it's not a cheerful book, but it's really well done, and I loved seeing the girl bluntly say, "I'm bisexual." It's remarkable how little those words are actually used in media!

hrj

Not so new as all that, really
Registered
Reaction score

From what I've read of the story, although the awakening kiss is a same-sex one, it isn't actually a same-sex romance. (Rescue, yes; romance, no.) This is based entirely on publicity buzz, so I have no idea how it's presented within the story. But from what I've heard about it so far, it sounds a bit more like a tv sit-com's "lesbian kiss for sweeps week" sort of thing.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
^Really? :( Well, I guess my own plot bunny is safe at least, if that's the case. I got all excited though.

Status
Not open for further replies.