Copy Writing Certificates?

CpMurphy

Usually just lurking...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
For one- I am the biggest procrastinator I've ever known! I keep saying I'm going to start freelancing and yet I'm still working a job I don't really like to bring home money that isn't really enough. Hmm.

As for freelancing, I know, I read it all, just have to jump in.

But I do have a question about copy writing and my apologies if this has been covered before. Are there any known, accredited, schools or organizations that offer online certificates? Not looking for a degree, just a few courses to sharpen skills and teach me the basics. Do the courses offered by Writers Digest help?

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated. (and yes, I know, college is not required to write)

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I've never taken the Writer's Digest courses, so I can't give you advice there.

You'll probably find AWAI if you search very long for copywriting courses. I do NOT recommend theirs -- they're extremely pricey for the little bit of support you get (last time I took one of their courses they were promoting their forums as a great place to find support...but the forums were filled with students trying to get in touch with someone -- anyone -- to give them feedback).

A certification really isn't needed to get copywriting work. Just study and practice. If you're looking for good books on the subject, Bob Bly's 'The Copywriter's Handbook' is a good place to start -- and far less expensive than any online course.