Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Britwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Indian food. In London. More than a year ago. I won't do take out in the USA, because nothing compares....

Darn, now I'm craving a decent curry, and it will be a while before I go back to London and can get one.

warau

Contemplating stuff..
Registered
Reaction score
A place called Hoto Moto in Japan. It's a chain that sells family restaurant style food, take out only. I had gyudon, basically beef on rice, excellent.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Last take-out was a place downtown called Mostly Thai, which also happens to be my favorite. Beef vermicelli, hot shrimp rolls and tropical sticky rice for dessert. Yummy :D

tdupuis119

Registered
Reaction score
Three days ago, papa gino's (kind of a mass thing), I had pasta and it was eh ... but required little on my part which some how makes it better.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week:

What was the last take-out you had and did you like it and what is your favourite?

(Take-out=Take-away=you know, chinese/indian/subway/mcdonalds/burger king etc)

Last one was McDonald's, I think. The Big Kidlet got invited to a birthday party there and I was hungry. :Shrug:

I miss Subway. :(

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

So, as everyone on these boards, American or not, probably knows by now, yesterday was Thanksgiving. And while for my family, we're doing our big meal tomorrow for various reasons, it still has me thinking.

Post big meal eating binge: what do you do?

Here, of course, on T-day it is traditional to loosen your belt and watch football - the American version - on tv. But as we're eating tomorrow and I have no tv, I'll do neither.

Instead it will probably be conversation and another glass of wine as I take advantage of all that food in my system.

:D

So, holiday or not, reason for it or just felt like it, after you've had a REALLY big feast, what's your usual routine?

And, for that matter, why do you feast?

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
That's a 2-in-1 question. ;)

My favorite Post-Big-Feast activity is sipping tea and talking. My reasons for having a Big Feast center around my favorite food being served. Fresh grilled sardines are usually the tastiest when the embers are really low, which means the last ones are always the best. And I need lots of them so the bread will soak up on all the gooey tastiness from them.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

*dusts off thread*

wow, didn't realize it had been a month (almost)

Ok folks, it's that time of year again. No, not just the holidays, but the holiday movie season. And for the first time in a decade, there was no big fantasy movie release. No LOTR, no Harry Potter, nothing.

(Anyone says Twilight and I will hurt them.)

However, next year looks better. Thus prompting the first new question of the week in almost a month:

Of the big films scheduled to come out next year, what are you most looking forward to?

I confess to being torn between the Hobbit and Prometheus, especially now that I have seen the trailers for both. I think I am little worried about the Hobbit being cut in two, so I'm trying to take a wait and see aspect to that.

Trying, mind you. Not succeeding.

we wantsss it, precioussss

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
I have no idea what Prometheus is, and yes, I did watch the trailer.

I guess that leaves The Hobbit, then, doesn't it? :D

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Given that I've never seen Alien, it's no surprise I'm not especially excited about it.

I did like the trailer, I'll admit. And I will watch Alien. Eventually. Probably.

raburgeson

Registered
Reaction score
It's been years and it was Wendy's frosties, mostly Greek restaurants and they don't have a drive though. Favorite Greek fries with chile dogs. You can and I have taken them out.

Last edited:

ChessSafari

Don't Ever Quit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twchesssafari.blogspot.com
Last take out was The Piggery in Ithaca, NY...great pulled pork sandwiches and potato & bacon soup. Yum!

All time favorite is(was) Sam's Pizzeria in Milford, MA, but I fear it is now closed.

Best wishes,
Frank

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New QotW

*sounds trumpets*

New year, new Question of the Week!!

So, it' Jan 5th.

Which of your New Year's Resolutions have you either already broken, or anticipate breaking soon?

I was meant to start working out this week, but that has yet to materialize.