First Time Blogger Needs Some Help

LEissler

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted 1000 times before so I apologize if it has, but I'm having a hard time getting started in the whole "blogging" thing. I know it's something I want to do but I haven't invested any time into learning much about it until now. Looking through the Blogging section, there were a number of posts about "what to do now" but I had a really hard time following them (I have a diminished capacity for understanding certain things due to combat injuries).

First and foremost, in starting a blog is it in my best interest to start somewhere like Blogger / Wordpress or can I start on a blog that's provided with my website on Weebly (with an owned Domain, I linked the site URL to Weebly incase someone wanted to see what I'm working with)? I looked into the Blogger setup and found it to be a lot easier than the Wordpress, but still not as easy as the blog provided on Weebly. Are there limitations that I'm not understanding by putting time into Weebly rather than using Blogger?

Secondly, I tried looking into the third party website function on Blogger to see if I could get the blog to show up when people clicked "Blog" on my navigation bar but found that to be confusing as well. I guess when I see the numerous terms my brain sort-of shuts down and can't seem to process what they mean. If it were better to stick with Blogger over Weebly's in-site blog, is there an easy to explain way to combine the two that neither does very well at explaining?

Lastly, a large part of my interest in blogging is tied into my recent book release and my hopeful future releases. Does using Blogger or Weebly's blog format (depending on your opinion) give me enough opportunity to grow my blog into more than just that? For example, if I wanted to setup a spot on my website for people to submit their books for reviews, can either incorporate that change down the road? Weebly's website seems to be fairly basic and the options it offers are quite limited, but Blogger I just feel overwhelmed largely due to the inexperience.

Like I said in the beginning, I'm sure this has been put out in numerous posts by 100 different people saying 100 different things. I apologize if my post would normally be seen as spam, but when you don't understand the information being presented to you... sometimes the best thing you can do is just ask.