arguably three most difficult challenges for wordpressing

jonblondyn

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
hey,

been working at this for a little while now and here's a short list I compiled.

something to consider if you are interested in creating a wordpress of your own.

if you wordpress, adding any tips/tricks of your own may be appreciated - thanks.

___

∗ momentum ∗

1. keep going

- obvious, yet subtle

- consider - may take a year to build it - another year for someone else to get hip with it - and eternity to make any of it worth it

- if you can dig it, develop your facet of showbiz

2. stay open; stay positive

- someone once taught me - the more positive one is, the more one's cognition is open, and therefore willing to use and navigate the available options

- a closed mind, on the otherhand, has nowhere to go except to return to itself

- stay open

3. force interaction

- interaction is engagement is learning is analyzing is unraveling to potentially create something of your own

- if nothing is original, then everything must come from something; interact

- attribute 'fantastic' appraisal to the moment - every moment - the right now (o wow) of your life is critical.

∗ organization ∗

1. content

- creative writing? learnings? a journal?

- know exactly what you are going to present

- if you don't know, discover

2. delivery rate

- to deliver a post per day - first thing in the morning - is probably the most ideal goal to aim for

- whether this is realistic goal depends on many things (social life, how much sleep you need, etc.)

- whatever basis, keep it regular

3. order

- seek order through and through your life, by large; this is hard - an ongoing practice

- this is something i started working at ever since reading Walter Isaacson's Steve Jobs Biography

- seems the secret's in the algorithms

∗ meaningfulness ∗

1. the most important thing is to keep the most important thing the most important thing

- focus, focus, focus;

- start with a list of three things to deliver, and assess how regularly they can be delivered and whether each is worth its time

- discover

2. beauty over perfection

- perfection does not exist; there is only the moment and it has already changed face; keep looking for it

- all in all, everything that is written could be eternally revised and improved; time is limited

- while there is no substitute for a clean final product, a whirlwind of revision that stifles one's creative/professional growth may dull the senses

3. love

- respect the readers, the platform, the expression itself

- get inspired, aim to inspire, learning new ways to inspire; inspiration is a shot of love

- every now and again, get your thoughts down and figure on where you're at with all of this

- fall in love (with an idea; a pet rock; a person (if you be so rare/lucky) and dig the connection

- dig your voice

- at any given instance, expression = representation = what one be

blondyn.com

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I don't know. For ME the most difficult challenge on Wordpress is in getting my site back up every time a plugin update ends up not patching correctly.

Lhowling

Mischief Witch
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. For ME the most difficult challenge on Wordpress is in getting my site back up every time a plugin update ends up not patching correctly.

That's the biggest drawback to using Wordpress; since it's all open source you really have to cherry pick your plugins to make sure they have a strong support center and can play nicely with your other major plugins. It really is a "get what you pay for" kind of deal. It got to a point where I had to decide how much I needed to invest in Wordpress to make it work for me. Wasn't worth it in the end (when I was a blogger, though, that's another story).

I've used wordpress for years and that's the big issue. I've created beautiful websites with it; however, you run into technical obstacles that -- unless web design is your forte -- eat your time right up.

screenscope

Registered
Reaction score
I'm only an occasional blogger, but my Wordpress sites have been very easy to maintain and I haven't had any problems so far. Or maybe I have, but because I have very little idea what I'm doing, I'm not aware of them!

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Wordpress.

I am currently opting for the expensive option for it, to ensure I could recover from anything. I was hacked before when using Wordpress on hostgator- my own domain is through godaddy, hosting was hostgator then, and I don't want to go through all of that hacking mess plus plugin breakdowns again, so I have a better chance now.

I use studiopress Synthesis web hosting. I think it was AlexaHerself who recommend them (maybe either synthesis or WPengine, managed hosting) as an option for the higher end paid service.

I have been very happy with them, and thankful for the suggestion (not saying you need to use them, but just that after your website takes a hit, it is nice to have this option).

Wordpress is great, but yes if you use some of the lower priced hosting options, you either give up some control over the site, or have to deal with security from update issues on Wordpress and plugins, or more likely attacks (although some used backups externally and just restart their entire site when attacked, but that is my last option, and not something I was particularly good at...).

ETA: I should mention on the other side of things, I had a blog hosted by hostgator years ago and it never had any problems for about a year before it was hacked, and many others never get hacked.

But just for me, re-starting my author website now, years later, while I started with hostgator again, for my professional author one, I now switched to Synthesis.

Last edited:

ravenoak

Full-time author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ravenoak.net

Same here, and I have a strong background in web design. They don't make it easy, do they?

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

HA! Ain't that the truth. I have a test blog now that I update first.

The challenges listed by the OP are for blogging in general, across platforms.