The Bouncy Castle in Space

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
So, I had to drop out of The Writer's Voice.... but remember that exciting news I couldn't talk about? Well, it happened. I am now represented by Leon Husock and Kathleen Anderson of Anderson Literary Management. :D

What fantastic news! I'm so happy for you. Huge congratulations, Daniela!

:partyguy: :snoopy: :hooray: :Jump: :TheWave:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
So, I had to drop out of The Writer's Voice.... but remember that exciting news I couldn't talk about? Well, it happened. I am now represented by Leon Husock and Kathleen Anderson of Anderson Literary Management. :D

Congrats!

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks you guys! :Hug2:

I just started revisions. Well, actually I had started minor edits about a week ago. Then I get an email reminding me to track changes. Whoops. Needless to say that I've been re-tracking changes on the manuscript for like an hour now, trying to figure out what I had in fact changed. Luckily I haven't started certain rewrites, so dodged a bullet there. I plan the major stuff for this weekend.

I just genuinely dislike track changes for some reason. I think it's all that time at work revising contracts. It just feels so messy. However, I have figured out how to modify it to how I want it, so it's not as bad. :D

How is everyone? Busy I presume!

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Tracking changes neatly is an artform. I've tried really hard to develop it and have a few tricks up my sleeve. I do it so my SMEs (a.k.a., the development engineers--I document software) will be able to easily see what I changed. Then they also track their suggested edits and what I get back is like three paragraphs completely struck out and then the same three paragraphs all pasted back in (thus tracked as new content) with random changes throughout that I can't find unless I meticulously compare it to the original. *sigh*

Good luck with the revisions, Dani!

MJWare

Kidlit gang, Junior member.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Wanted to drop by, let everyone know I'm still hanging in there. Not doing much bouncing lately--mostly working on YA stuff.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Daniela, I know I'm late, but HUGE congratulations. This is the sort of news that picks everyone up. I need to stop by more often to get inspired by you gals (and guys).

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm late, too, Daniela, but want to add my congratulations to the bunch! Hope it's all you dreamed of and much, much more!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm taking a vacation in a couple weeks and hope to get lots of writing done. :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Was hoping to see if any of the children's gang was open to betaing my novel by chance (it's about 38,000 words)? Was hoping to get another set of eyes on it before I query too much. I'm definitely willing to beta someone else's novel in return or give a $20 amazon gift card. If anyone is interested just message me!

Hope everyone is doing good and will be able to enjoy the weekend!

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
Was hoping to see if any of the children's gang was open to betaing my novel by chance (it's about 38,000 words)? Was hoping to get another set of eyes on it before I query too much. I'm definitely willing to beta someone else's novel in return or give a $20 amazon gift card. If anyone is interested just message me!

Hope everyone is doing good and will be able to enjoy the weekend!

Would a 3 chapter beta help? I'm not sure if I can fit much more than that into my schedule. If so, just pm me!

MJWare

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MJAWare.com
I woke up this morning to find one of my posts on another forum found it's way to Time.com!

Absolutely crazy! But no sales bump, in case anyone was curious.

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find one of my posts on another forum found it's way to Time.com!

Absolutely crazy! But no sales bump, in case anyone was curious.

That's awesome! I hope the sales bump follows soon. Either way, getting your post on Time.com is pretty fantastic :)

killdeer

Registered
Reaction score

Jeez, I think I missed congratulating you on this!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I have really lost track of who I responded to.... but I always enjoy hearing about peoples' accomplishments! I'm sure I have missed others too, so let me offer a blanket

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And one more for Daniela :)

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
ARCs

I've some exciting news. I just got my ARCs delivered last night. I'll post a picture of the cover as soon as I figure out how to do so!

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Laurie!! Easy-peasy! Just take a pic with your phone, transfer it to your computer, and upload it!!! Just make sure your publisher is okay with that. Don't know how these things are supposed to work. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all those who have achieved something, done something, thought about something. And a nod for those who did nuffin at all. I think that covered everyone. Hiya, folks. How're you all doing? :hi:

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I've some exciting news. I just got my ARCs delivered last night. I'll post a picture of the cover as soon as I figure out how to do so!

:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Congrats!

jvs said:
Congrats to all those who have achieved something, done something, thought about something. And a nod for those who did nuffin at all. I think that covered everyone. Hiya, folks. How're you all doing?

Hiya, Dragon! I did nuffin. *nods* .... Well, I did finish painting my desk, so I have my laptop on my desk in my "office" instead of on the kitchen table, now.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, Dragon! I did nuffin. *nods* .... Well, I did finish painting my desk, so I have my laptop on my desk in my "office" instead of on the kitchen table, now.
Considering your little ticker thingy in your sig says you've written almost 26k words, I'd say you've done quite a bit. So, yay to you and well done.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
You've reminded me that I hadn't updated it recently. I got to add 370 words. Now I can sit here and be smug. ;)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Sorry I've been gone so long. My busy-ness morphed into super ultra busy-ness and overtook me completely. Finished my first year of teaching and went straight Into summer camp (in week 6 of 8 now). Finally getting a little time to catch my breath. Hope all is well in the bouncy castle!