Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Oooh - there's a bar not far away called... Creepy Wee Pub? I can't remember the exact name, but it really does live up to its' name. Ten or fifteen people, and it starts to get really crowded.

I once went in a pub where it was so small that the two entrance doors on opposite walls almost touched. Somehow they found space to play darts!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Ooo, if you do that then I'm telling my Ginster's Cornish Pasty story again.

What about kidneys? I have never understood the British taste for that: something that you have to soak overnight to get the piss out of it, and you guys say, "mmm, I gotta get some of that!"

Then again, we hillbillies have no room to talk:

chitterlings
squirrel brains with scrambled eggs
southern fried opossum

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
What about kidneys? I have never understood the British taste for that: something that you have to soak overnight to get the piss out of it, and you guys say, "mmm, I gotta get some of that!"

I... actually dislike kidney, so I can't speak to that, but some of the traditional foods go waaaaay back, when all parts of the animal were devoured. There are still some very, very strange foods to be had if you venture far enough off the touristy trails. A lot of them absolutely icky.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
We haz snow!!!! :hooray:

It's not a lot, but enough for a blanket on the grass. And it's cold! I'll actually have to break out the winter jacket.

Whaaaat. Tell me they were all unhurt and ran around haywire through the nearest town. That would be awesome.
According to the news, none the cows were seriously hurt. Most got up and started walking around after the truck tipped.

Here's a pic from the Interwebs:

holycrapdog2.jpg
If that pic isn't photoshopped, OMG! :eek:

Sirius?

Too obscure?
Too Harry Potter. Sirius Black turned into a dog.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That pic is photoshopped :) Just look at the fuzzy fur over the ladies neck.

And Sirius Black is based on Sirius the Dog Star (an actual star). Like many of Rowling's names they had meaning later in the person's life :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CM, you are wanted in the SS-SFF-SS

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I... actually dislike kidney, so I can't speak to that, but some of the traditional foods go waaaaay back, when all parts of the animal were devoured. There are still some very, very strange foods to be had if you venture far enough off the touristy trails. A lot of them absolutely icky.

True. That whole nose-to-tail philosophy is where stuff like chitterlings comes from. And brains, which I can't even be in the same room with, it's so nasty. Poverty makes the most unappealing food surprisingly appetizing, I guess.

On the other hand, some of the notorious Brit foods, like blood sausage and haggis, I actually like. Go figure.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Black pudding is horrid. Horrid I say. And I didn't know what it was until after I bravely sampled some (helps that a kinda cute guy asked me politely if I wanted to try some).

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand, some of the notorious Brit foods, like blood sausage and haggis, I actually like. Go figure.

Me too. I like me some black pudding. Though I've only had haggis a couple of times - it's not that easy to find outside Scotland. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Last edited:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I read in an interview that Mouse was based on the Caucasian shepherd. My sister said she saw one in real life just a few weeks ago. She said it was unreal just how BIG the dogs are.

Here's a pic from the Interwebs:

holycrapdog2.jpg

Now that's my kind of dog! :)

I always thought of him more like a bigger chowchow... But then I've known a chow, so that was easier for me to picture :)

We had a chow when I was little. Cool dog. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.