The Missiletoe Command Arcade & Slushy Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Something tells me that, as much as I would enjoy doing so, staying up all night playing DtR:R's Riot Control wouldn't be the best usage of my time.

So I'm going to stay up for about an hour more to work on stories.

Night, all. :3

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I think they just copy over the first post into the new thread. So it's always 2008 at the start of the Cantina. :)

Yes, and you all must wear your 2008 clothes and listen to lots of 2008 songs for the first 50 pages.

Just had my "first" experience with a MC revealing something about themself that I hadn't planned on and this is so wayyyyy cool! I never expected this to happen.

Oh, isn't that awesome? Congrats! :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, and you all must wear your 2008 clothes and listen to lots of 2008 songs for the first 50 pages.

2008 was a good year for me. *looks down at PJ's* and I'm pretty sure I've had these for a lot longer than that.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

:eek:

2008 was a good year for me. *looks down at PJ's* and I'm pretty sure I've had these for a lot longer than that.

Hmm. 2008 was a pretty darn good year for me, too.

So, I have been informed that I ought to grow up. This bodes ill. Grown up me is not a pleasant person.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Cantina. I'm arguing with my rental agency, because they are replacing all window frames with maintenance-free window frames, which in itself is not a bad thing. But when they tell us happily that the new window frames have a different size and that our awnings, blinds, sills and decorations will likely don't fit the new windows and proceed to deny all liability for costs incurred because of THEIR unholy plans, I get a bit snippy.

I've just had a new awning installed for emmer effin' $1200. My blinds had to be customized for a heap of money to fit their weirdly sized windows. I HAVE MARBLE SILLS. I put a lot of my savings into this stuff. They had better pay up if it becomes useless because of them.

:mad:

Rant over :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
To multi-quote and beyond

But now it's high-IQ punning?

This is right up there with someone once accusing me of having 'intellectual friends'.

Thank you.

Project Gutenburg is my homie.

Quietly admits to having once been the newsletter editor.

New Cantina deserves a new avie. :)

Are you the Spring story fairy now? Will there be books for all the made-up holidays?

I think I am wearing some of my 2008 clothes still, but 2008 music is way beyond me. I lost track in 1990-something.

So, I have been informed that I ought to grow up. This bodes ill. Grown up me is not a pleasant person.

Don't bother. Tell whoever it was to 'grow down' that's probably more fun.

Bug morning cantina :e2teeth:

It's normally chocolate fiesta Thursday, but as we've changed cantinas, would we like a change in diet?

Fresh fruit Thursday or something? *Eyes chocolate bar* Not today though eh?

:Coffee:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't fit in my 08 clothes. :/

And 10- that sucks. Hopefully you can repurpose some things. And get compensated.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
You know, I honestly thought you guys had only written three pages in two days. Thought I could catch up. Scrolled down to type a reply....

No reply box.

Refresh, refresh again....

It was only when I was in the rep zone that I realised it had been locked XD

Well, at least I found you all again :D going to be so busy this year though. Just got a chance to look at some of my course work. If these were just normal subjects I wouldn't be worried, but in order to overload and take the extra subject, I have to maintain a credit average. Which shouldn't be too hard but it's kinda like they raised the pass mark by 10%. Makes me plan things out a bit more.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I am an internet phenomena.

My eyes are streaming, my nose is streaming.

I am ill.

Not ill enough to cry off my chocolate bar, but ill enough to decide not to go out because spreading this around would be highly irresponsible - unless someone wants me to come over to their office and lay off their floor for a few days - I am open to offers starting at 500g of chocolate and rising in 500g increments plus expenses.

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That's it, children! I am declaring this place The Asylum, and you are all lunatics.

As long as we don't start production on cheapo straight-to-DVD movies we're all good. :D

*hands copy of 'Herbert West-Reanimator'*

I'm not sure if it was ever filmed, but the script where West is recruited by the Secret Service to reanimate the dead president is one of the funniest scripts I have ever read. The first film is amazing for the time it was made.

Would you believe that story is supposed to be FUNNY? Black comedy, but comedy all the same.

It is absolutely hilarious if you are reading it in the right frame of mind.

Now I want to watch Godzilla movies in the worst way.

The worst way to watch Godzilla would be a marathon of the crappy cartoon from waaay back. Not that the spin-off from the US film is that much better.

I think they just copy over the first post into the new thread. So it's always 2008 at the start of the Cantina. :)

Wibbly, wobbly, timey wimey...

At least it isn't 1998 clothes and songs. I would most likely die of horror at what I liked back then.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
At least it isn't 1998 clothes.

Oh well if you want horror fashion I am tempted to nominate 1968, which is always hilarious in pictures, and 1908, because I think the cantina in big crinoline skirts or plus-fours would be worth it's weight in gold-pressed latinum.

Can you get crinoline kilts??

Just asking...*ducks thrown haggis*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Not going to the hospital this morning as planned. We sisters have been taking turns, and baby sister decided to take her turn this time in my place. Which is okay with me; that hospital is just terribly hard on my back, and Mom's in good hands.

But now I'm at a loss as to what to do with my morning. I'm feeling just a little too high strung for writing.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Oh well if you want horror fashion I am tempted to nominate 1968, which is always hilarious in pictures, and 1908, because I think the cantina in big crinoline skirts or plus-fours would be worth it's weight in gold-pressed latinum.

Can you get crinoline kilts??

Just asking...*ducks thrown haggis*

I can't fit into my 20008 clothes. And for fashion horror, I give you 1976 America. Whoever told men that red-and-white striped flares, plus a blue leisure suit jacket with big white stars all over it were cool needs to be burned at the stake for crimes against humanity.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Oh well if you want horror fashion I am tempted to nominate 1968, which is always hilarious in pictures

I... would actually fit right in. Pink polo neck jumper? Check. Long hair? Check. Constantly listening to the Rolling Stones? Check.

But now I'm at a loss as to what to do with my morning. I'm feeling just a little too high strung for writing.

You probably don't feel like it, but trying to relax would be a good idea. You need to look out for yourself as well - getting all wound up, then getting ill because of it, will do you no good.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2008 was a good year for me.

2008 was a fantastic year.

So, I have been informed that I ought to grow up.

This is bad advice.

Very. Bad. Advice.

Whoever told men that red-and-white striped flares, plus a blue leisure suit jacket with big white stars all over it were cool needs to be burned at the stake for crimes against humanity.

I would wear that in a heartbeat.

Morning gang.

Whut up?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

My grandmother-in-law told me to do that once. It didn't go over well...

Rant over :D

Uhg, that is annoying and rude. I hate how rental people think they can just do stuff like that with out consideration. Hope it all works out for you.

At least it isn't 1998 clothes and songs. I would most likely die of horror at what I liked back then.

1998 music was good. I'd go back to some of that.

plus

went into my brain, and through a weird alchemy that I dare not explore too closely, ended up here.

I'm not sure how you got there, but it's a good place. :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
And Good Morning Friends!

It is still snowing outside, has been since yesterday afternoon. I think there's 3 or 4 inches out there.

Also, some morning cute. (hope this works)

253129_10151365168753705_845787218_n.jpg

That's Baby and Happy all cuddled up on the couch together. :) Baby just flopped over like that and Happy didn't seem to mind at all.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Quick poll.

I have a alien race called Asgos.

What does that name make you think of?

ETA: Sorry for posting so much in a row. Where are y'all? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.