PublishAmerica, LLLP (Publish America) v. Lightning Source Inc. (LSI)

Alphabeter

Player of the Letters
Registered
Reaction score
Not that PA would admit to settling the lawsuit, but if they really wanted their victims authors to celebrate, how about this?

THIS MONTH ONLY! Did you not get a royalty check? Then now is the time to bring that money home. THIS MONTH ONLY, EVERY BOOK purchased through PA's bookstore will get the writer a full 3% royalty!

NOW buy copies to have on hand and know that you will get a royalty from each one! THIS MONTH ONLY Use coupon code ROYAL5, copies minimum to get all royalties on future sales for all of October.
[SUB]Softcovers only, all others excluded. If you use this coupon for anything other than a softcover, we will process the order without the discount! All shipping, handling, processing and any other fees will can think will still apply. All royalty checks for this promotion issued in March. Minimum royalty amount applicable for check dispersal.[/SUB]

Scribble10

Registered
Reaction score
Got this email a few weeks ago. Sorry it took so long to post it. Wondering if anyone else still recieving PA "trash" also got one..
Quote:

Dear author
It’s a done deal PublishAmerica is re-joining forces with the nation’s number one book wholesaler and distributor, Ingram
Here’s why this is pretty neat for your book
To bookstores Ingram generally means
book is immediately available
book shows as “in stock”
bookstore receives a discount
book is also available to Amazon, other online vendors no more “ships within 8 days” but instead “In Stock”
Therefore, when a customer walks into that bookstore and asks about your book, the clerk will type in your name or the book’s title and it will pop up promptly. Ingram is typically the primary source that a bookstore checks out.
How soon can you go to your local bookstores (not only the big names, but also Powell’s, Tattered Cover, Hastings, Waldenbooks, Chapters in Canada, ect) and ask them if your book shows in their Ingram database?
That depends.
We need to activate roughly 50,000 books with Ingram and we’re going to this on a first come first serve basis. Books that sell this week go first as early as tomorrow or next week. It may take up take up to a few months before all books are processed. Reminder the all important holiday season (number one season for bookstore sales) is only weeks away!
If you want your book to be among the very first to be seen by bookstores as “in stock” with Ingram, the nation’s number one book wholesaler, go to www.publishamerica.net and find your softcover, use this discount coupon: INSTOCK. Minimum order volume is 5 softcovers for the “early boarding” status. Use coupon 1stinStock for orders of 9 or more softcovers and get “pre-boarding” status for your book, as early as tomorrow.
Use coupon on your softcover only. Papaperbacks are not softcovers and are excluded. Fullcolor books are included. Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or sales offers.
Thank you.
PublishAmerica Bookstore.

END QUOTE....

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got this email a few weeks ago. Sorry it took so long to post it. Wondering if anyone else still recieving PA "trash" also got one..
Quote:

Dear author
It’s a done deal PublishAmerica is re-joining forces with the nation’s number one book wholesaler and distributor, Ingram
Here’s why this is pretty neat for your book
To bookstores Ingram generally means
book is immediately available
book shows as “in stock”
bookstore receives a discount
book is also available to Amazon, other online vendors no more “ships within 8 days” but instead “In Stock”
Therefore, when a customer walks into that bookstore and asks about your book, the clerk will type in your name or the book’s title and it will pop up promptly. Ingram is typically the primary source that a bookstore checks out.
How soon can you go to your local bookstores (not only the big names, but also Powell’s, Tattered Cover, Hastings, Waldenbooks, Chapters in Canada, ect) and ask them if your book shows in their Ingram database?
That depends.
We need to activate roughly 50,000 books with Ingram and we’re going to this on a first come first serve basis. Books that sell this week go first as early as tomorrow or next week. It may take up take up to a few months before all books are processed. Reminder the all important holiday season (number one season for bookstore sales) is only weeks away!
If you want your book to be among the very first to be seen by bookstores as “in stock” with Ingram, the nation’s number one book wholesaler, go to www.publishamerica.net and find your softcover, use this discount coupon: INSTOCK. Minimum order volume is 5 softcovers for the “early boarding” status. Use coupon 1stinStock for orders of 9 or more softcovers and get “pre-boarding” status for your book, as early as tomorrow.
Use coupon on your softcover only. Papaperbacks are not softcovers and are excluded. Fullcolor books are included. Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or sales offers.
Thank you.
PublishAmerica Bookstore.

END QUOTE....

Interesting. I guess they'll put a spin on anything.

And just FYI: there is a thread in which we discuss PA emails. Your post might get more attention there. Welcome to AW!

Scribble10

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Chris! My mistake, in that the email thread is actually where I meant to put this! Was having a brain fart early this am.

SandraRains

Putting my faith in God
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.createspace.com
Publish America & In Search Of The Universal Truth Publisher

I've actually been tortured by both myself. Both are true jokes. Quoting Michael Kiser here: "As no one but me has any rights" end quote. God, please help those who are unsuspecting.

Dhewco

Registered
Reaction score
Waldenbooks?

Didn't Waldenbooks go under or close? Did PA really bring them up?

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Waldenbooks had become part of the Borders empire, and when Borders went under three years ago, it took Waldenbooks with it. So yes to both your questions. They closed and they went under (or were dragged under by Borders, depending on one's viewpoint :D ).

Dhewco

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured. All I know is that they've been gone from the local mall for at least 5 years or so. I'd read on wikipedia that they folded in 2011.

PA can't even get the names of active bookstores in their messages.