Revenge

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I also love Jack and Margot (Margeaux?) But I also loved Emily with Aidan, too. We'll see what happens. :D

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Me too. They're really made for each other (Emily and Aidan)

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loved the flash of the old determined Emily at the end. She seemed back in control. Ems need some wins and it looks like she'll be getting some.
Meanwhile, I love the twist re: Jack's mom. It pure proper soap. Both husband and I said the line before the actress did.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man! I just watched the episode from this past Sunday (the 23rd, right?). AWESOMESAUCE.

Spoilers:

1. When the medical records were first released, I was like WHAT? How could Ems let that happen? I was very relieved to find it is all part of her plan.

2. I love that Jack is on board now. Now sure how I feel about his mom just yet.

3. I still adore Margot...but now I'm starting to get that feeling for Jack and Emily to come together again.

Leah J. Utas

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I concur with your No. 3. And agree with your second point as well. I didn't understand at first what her point was re: your No. 1, and am still not clear on it, but knew she was behind it.

It feels like the series is on its last legs. It there's any way to wind it up with a Jack and Emily HEA-ish ending this season, then make it so.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone see the season finale yet? I just watched it yesterday. I was shocked at first when Victoria killed Aiden, but then I realized that Emily has to end up with Jack somehow, right?

I sort of wish they hadn't brought back David Clark. I mean...that was too predictable. Very daytime soap.

Speaking of which, I realized when I heard a commercial for the finale and happened to have my eyes closed that this show totally sounds like a daytime soap.

But that's okay. I still adore it. Next season has to be the last. It just makes sense.

I did LOVE how Emily took care of Victoria. That was awesome. She still has no blood on her hands, directly anyway, but she's punishing Victoria in a way most suiting. :)

CJ Knightrey

She Who Constantly Changes Avatars
Registered
Reaction score
I had seriously mixed feeling about the finale.

I kind of figured Aiden would be killed. I'm pretty sure he's going to be on a new show, and also the fact that things were going to well for Emily. When people are too happy in this show, you gotta know something is going to happen to change that.. Though I was surprised that that was the way Aiden went down. He's a student of Takeda for christs sake! And he was taken out by some tea? And the fact that Victoria did it herself was a surprise. I guess Patrick had to inherit that bloodlust from someone :tongue.

I generally loved the finale, not as much as the episode before it. That one gave me chills it was just so awesome! There is one thing though that I can't stand, and seriously made me consider not watching. David Clarke :rant:. WHY ARE YOU ALIVE?! It made me so mad I just couldn't stand it. It invalidates Emily's whole journey thus far. And the fact that he KILLED Conrad?! What? Just...what? David Clarke? The guy who wrote all those journal entries telling Emily about how important forgiveness is? The same David Clarke who has been put up on this pedestal of goodness by every character that knew him personally? This is the guy who just shived a dude? Yes, the dude who ruined his life, but still.

Sighs. All things considered, I love the majority of the characters. I'll still watch the next season, happily. But I hope they have an interesting way of handling that plot twist.

Last edited:

EChavez

Registered
Reaction score
The finale was something. Earlier in the season I was starting to get a bit tired of the show, but it really rallied in the last half of the season. I can't wait for the next season now.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
We finally got to the finale tonight...Almost a week later (our DVR was full of finales)! All I'll say is I spent a lot of that 44 minutes laughing my ass off. So many things, not least Aiden's expression when he was sitting dead on the couch, the shovel to Victoria's head, the dead hooker in Daniel's bed*, and Victoria's screams echoing down the corridors of the asylum.

This is the most over the top show ever.

Last edited:

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
It is so over the top! And I love it.

It's gone even more so. Maybe off the rails a bit? But not in a bad way (IMHO).

tomz563

Registered
Reaction score
As evil as Victoria is I can't help but love her. I tend to always love the villains...

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
As evil as Victoria is I can't help but love her. I tend to always love the villains...

I was full-on rooting for Victoria (especially after what Emily did to Charlotte), but after she did what she did to Aiden.... not so much.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed on all counts. Especially the David Clarke thing. REALLY? Come ON! But I am still anxiously awaiting next season. Summertime is so difficult!

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone watched any of this season yet? I've watched the 2 (3?) episodes that have aired so far, and I find myself.... underwhelmed. It's becoming a real slog to get through each week. Anyone else??

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I am having a very hard time rooting for Emily/Amanda this season. And I have no idea what is going on with Victoria. I was always under the impression that she was forced into the David Clark conspiracy by Conrad, but I don't know now.

And David Clark feels like a bit of a simpleton right now. Really? He thinks that was Amanda who died? Guess he's been holed up a while.

Don't even get me started on Charlotte. Now that Declan is gone, I find her so annoying. Bad acting and no character purpose.

The only person I'm really enjoying is Margeaux. And maybe Jack. Though his partner is a douchebag.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you, actually. I'm still interested to see where this goes, especially if it's the last season. And I think the feud between Emily and Victoria is fun. Amusing. It makes me laugh and smile to see them so catty with each other.

I miss Aidan.

I do like Margeaux. I loved her from the moment she came on the show. I hope she doesn't disappoint me and do something nasty to someone who doesn't deserve it.

I'll always love Jack.

But Charlotte. Yes. Very annoying.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah Victoria and Emily are fun to watch and I also want to see where that goes.

And YES! I Miss Aidan! He was so rowwrllll! HOT.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
So very rowwrllll!!! With that accent...and those eyes...mmmm....

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he came back from the dead by the finale. LOL

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
Reflections on Revenge

Watching tonight's episode (11/9), I was pleasantly surprised to find myself comparing it to the show that was…And the show I'd hoped it might be.

The first season was a wild ride but still tightly written, with the occasional clever twist and a strong seasonal arc. Of course, Season 2 immediately betrayed everything that came before by slipping grossly into post-cold-war corporate conspiracies and a (now passe) paranoia re the evils of cabalistic power mad one-percenters (I'm not saying one-percenters are no longer evil, power-mad, nor cabalistic, just that they have succeeded in ridding us of our paranoia). Season 3, in response to Season 2's reception, decided the whole previous year had been nothing but a bad dream and tried to pick up some of the shreds of Season 1, but—too late! So they decided instead to go all out camp. It was fun. I laughed a lot, rolled my eyes plenty, but kept tuning in.

So far, Season 4 has been mostly more (and by more I mean MORE) of Season 3. But I thought tonight's episode, especially the scene between Daniel and Emily in the elevator (which may just be the best written—and acted—scene of the last two years) was like a breath of fresh air (except for poor Margeauxxx, who had anything but).

Leah J. Utas

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't enjoyed a ep. like this one is quite some time. I'm really looking forward to how this gets sorted out.
It was twisty enough with a great ending to be like old times.