Once Upon a Time

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
SPOILERS . . . sort of.

Probably want to change the text color of the spoilers to white.

As far as the Rumple line goes...It felt clunky. The death felt cheap and I was having flashbacks going...wait, didn't we go through this just last season? Rumple was wandering first though, and then Neal showed up after Rumple ran off, so, it technically worked. I felt like they amped up all these 'voices' in his head but in reality, it really only turned out to be one. So, that was a bit of a let down :(

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Yeah, it was a body swap sort of thing -- only one of them could occupy the body at one time, and the body took the form of whichever one was in control, so to speak. Shrug.

Autumn_Breeze

Registered
Reaction score
I know my nerd is showing because I have been to three different threads now about three of the shows I am obsessed with. (This is the third.)

Doctor who, Supernatural and now Once Upon A Time. I feel like I'm going to stumble across a Sherlock one soon. This place is my new home. But anyway.

I did not catch the last episode. I recorded it but storms rolled through so it was scratchy and didn't do it properly. I'll probably watch on Hulu sometime soon.

The last one I did see though, David's sword was taken. I can't help but wonder what the WW is up to. I know it has to so with Mary's baby. I hope she doesn't plan to take it. o_O That would be awful but I feel like that is the direction it is going.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I know my nerd is showing because I have been to three different threads now about three of the shows I am obsessed with. (This is the third.)

Doctor who, Supernatural and now Once Upon A Time. I feel like I'm going to stumble across a Sherlock one soon. This place is my new home. But anyway.

I did not catch the last episode. I recorded it but storms rolled through so it was scratchy and didn't do it properly. I'll probably watch on Hulu sometime soon.

The last one I did see though,

Oh, there's a Sherlock thread: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186930

I am right there's with you in Nerdtown, if indeed liking Sherlock, Supernatural, and (sort of) Once Upon a Time does, indeed, make you a Nerd. Maybe it's actually Cool-Enough-to-Know-What's-Good" Town?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Well, they finished out the Once Upon a Time in Wonderland series, as it's been cancelled. At least (and unlike most cancellations) the show-runners wrapped up the open storylines, and nearly everyone got a happily-ever-after.

I just wish they'd been able to do more with the Jabberwocky. She was a cool take on the creature, and I'd love to see her (and maybe Jafar) pop up in Storybrooke or something. Before the shift toward a definitive ending, they seemed to be keen on exploring her backstory, which should have been interesting. I see her as a tragic character, probably cursed into her present state, but I don't know where the show was planning to take her. :(

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly didn't see that one coming. The way the plot twist caught us off guard was impressive :tongue. Should've seen it
coming, but we didn't. I like that. What I didn't like was seeing Hook so sad and defeated. He looks awesome no matter
what, but being all heartbroken just makes me wanna hug him :cry:.

I also liked everything else. From the charmings to the magic lessons to the family dinner. Also, Ariel. IDK. I just
liked this episode. The fact that everyone's so close now and that they've left their differences behind, just
makes me wanna hug them all. :e2bouncey:e2grouphu

And you know how sometimes you see someone but you can't place them or where you know them from? Well,
as it turns out I was watching "Mulan's" new show Believe on NBC, and it took me 3 episodes to realize it was
her! Mulan, from OUAT! :roll:LOL me. I hate it when that happens. But at least I figured it out on my own.
That's something..., right? :Shrug:xD So. Has anyone else seen it, Believe?

Last edited:

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
I liked the ending. I really did. I had my doubts
at first, but I think I can see them together now. ;)

And the seduction scene was like... Wh-what? What are you doing???
Then... *crickets* she's rather enjoying that too much... isn't she? :Wha::e2paperba

Anyway, I liked Cora's story. It was a little hard for me to keep up with
the timelines, though xD Poor thing, she got played and dumped. Twice!

The best scene was at the dinner when Emma was playing around with her newfound
magic :ROFL:and she was like a little kid. I liked that. Too bad Hook wasn't in the mood to be Hook. :tongue

So little of Henry, plus his not knowing, is making me like him a little better. Do not miss him
there 24/7 at all. But at least I don't cringe anymore when he is present. :) That's improvement, right?

Last edited:

AlexHale

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I'm thrilled that I found this thread! I'm huge Once fan. I was watching the latest episode last night and had a ridiculously huge grin plastered on my face when Regina/Robin Hood finally got together!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
And the bit were Rumpel stopped teaching her because for the curse you have to sacrifice the thing you love the most, and for Selena it was Rumpel. I kind of like that subplot.

I just hope they don't actually do a time reset. I hate it when a series resolves a complex plot by just unwinding it.

asyouwish

Registered
Reaction score
So I don't know how it happened, but I have in these last few months become completely obsessed with this show. I used to hate Sundays and now it's the one day I look forward to (pathetic HA!).

Joanna Alonzo

Registered
Reaction score
I just hope they don't actually do a time reset. I hate it when a series resolves a complex plot by just unwinding it.

Ditto. I so don't want this whole back-to-the-beginning time thing to work. I'm afraid that if it does, OUAT might encounter the same problems Heroes did. Time is a tricky thing to play around with.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Okay, so, can someone explain to me how everything with Cora and Prince Leopold fits in with Cora later having Regina wed Leopold? Wouldn't he have remembered Cora as the thief he'd almost married instead of Eva? Why on earth (or the Enchanted Forest) would he agree to marry her daughter -- even after Regina saved Snow's life? Ehhhhhhh.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Do the writers not watch their own show?

"If pure of heart, she won't hide."

Snow's heart isn't pure. She murdered Cora, and we've seen the stain on her heart. How is it suddenly OK?

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
How is it suddenly OK?

But...but...true love!!! **eye roll**

Yeah, I'm with you. Let's hear it for inconsistency!

But I'm also grossly unclear why Zelena isn't just murdering people left and right. And why does Regina feel the burning need to announce what she's going to do before she does it, which gives Zelena enough time to zap her?

And no one shares info until it's too late. Gee, Zelena wanted Emma's magic to be stolen? Gosh, I wonder if maybe Emma is (shock) key to defeating Zelena? Not that her being the Savior would be a tip or anything...

CB, have you abandoned me??? :cry:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the shop behind Emma's car named Game of Thorns :D

(Belle should have been the one Pure of Heart, btw. That was pretty much the only reason she clicked with Rumple.)

Violeta

Registered
Reaction score
Well that's what I call an awesome episode.

Loved every minute of it, and when they crashed his heart I
cried like a little baby. Also, very nice touch with the note and
its sender. Seriously, everything about this episode was perfect.

Except... doesn't anyone realize those flying monkeys are
probably innocent people turned with magic? And here's
everyone and their cousin killing them like there's no tomorrow.
Ugh. :e2faint:Useless...

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious if they're going to attempt some kind of ret-con for Emma's history to make her Dorothy's Auntie Em. (Or if that's just what the Charmings will tell the kid, rather than saying her sister's 30 years older than she is.)

Also, were they trying to paint Glinda as Elsa from Frozen with the whole Ice Realm thing?

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I completely forgot about OuaT last weekend . . . which isn't a good sign for the show.

There are just sooo many problems. Like Myrealana, I was thinking that Snow's heart is NOT pure because she murdered Cora. And I was thinking, like Violeta, that our heroes were killing flying monkeys pretty indiscriminately even though the monkies were people at one point!

And I began asking, well, they know who the Wicked Witch is, but they don't know to throw water on her?? Also, why does Zelena just puff away all the time? She and other villains give up ridiculously easily. And oh, yeah, WHY are we in the LEAST surprised that Emma's magic is the only thing that can defeat Zelena?

ALSO, me and my roommate were amused when Zelena tossed a rose onto Hook's chest and he grunted as if he'd been punched...A rose made of lead?