Captain Power's Party Dirigible (complete with disco pool!)

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pregnant with TWINS?! That's awesome! Definitely reason to celebrate. :TheWave:

Lineykins

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've summoned up the courage to join this thread (I feel like I'm crashing someone's birthday party).

Congrats on all the successes I am reading about - whether writing, weight loss or new babies on the way. Good stuff all around!

:)

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Twins!!!

Oy, vey...

I used to have nightmares when my first son was a toddler. If he'd been twins...I'd have lost one or both of them. Once he could walk, all I ever saw of him was the back of his head!

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Lineykins! Pull up a deck chair and enjoy the view. :)

timp67

Registered
Reaction score
fantasy-world-1920x1080-wallpaper-6419.jpg
Never fear! We will NOT hit that planet. :)

Morrell

Registered
Reaction score
at almost 12 weeks pregnant for twins the fact that I haven't gained anything yet is good too!

Oh, my, twins! Congrats, jtrylch! Hope the morning sickness goes away soon--that's no fun. Drink ginger tea and munch almonds. :)

monkeymum

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just wondering if I can join the kidlit gang too...? I've been lurking for a while (I hate that word, makes me feel like a stalker!) and I've learnt so much already that I just wanted to say thanks :D

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Sissybaby and good luck Judy. Haven't lost any weight, but at almost 12 weeks pregnant for twins the fact that I haven't gained anything yet is good too! I'm so jealous about all the writing getting done. I'm so sick lately I can't work on revisions or start my new WIP. Only another 2 more months of morning (I mean all day) sickness to go!

Twins! That's fantastic, congratulations! I hope the all day sickness goes away soon, is that twice as bad with twins?

Welcome Lineykins and monkeymum!

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Great to see you over here, Lineykins! And welcome aboard, Monkeymum.

This is the most funnest place on that planet up there that Timp is headed STRAIGHT TOWARD!!!!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just wondering if I can join the kidlit gang too...?

Of course you can. There's only one requirement... New kid brings the treats!!

I've been lurking for a while (I hate that word, makes me feel like a stalker!) and I've learnt so much already that I just wanted to say thanks :D

You're welcome!

Always good to have new voices in the mix!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know the new kids brought the treats. Good thing I brought them anyway when I was new ;)

starbeam

Registered
Reaction score
First of all, a very big congratulations to jtrylch13 for having twins!!! That is such awesome news! :hooray: And also a big welcome new members! :welcome: :banana:

monkeymum

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Happy to bring the treats...do they have to be healthy ones though? I don't want to sabotage any diets!;)

Huge congratulations to jtrylch13...twins...wow.:D

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to jtrylch13 on twins, though the thought exhausts me. I think I need a brownie. :D

Welcome to the new kids!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Happy to bring the treats...do they have to be healthy ones though? I don't want to sabotage any diets!;)

That's the key to staying on the diet...we only pig out in the virtual world! Though timp's pictures sometimes make it hard to stay clean IRL.

Anybody know about this site?

http://thisiswhyyourefat.tumblr.com/

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, MsJudy, some of those pictures almost turned my stomach. Don't get me wrong, I have a weakness for pastries, but if their intention was to make it gross, they succeeded.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, if you mean the Why you're fat website, you didn't go nearly far enough if it only "almost" turned your stomach. Look for the porkgasm...

Or the Korean corn dogs dipped in sprinkles...

I could go on. But I won't. It's just too gross.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eeeeeee! I'm putting the finishing touches on the story my students wrote in their after school fantasy writing class. It's like 2200 words, pretty impressive if you consider that five kids drafted it collaboratively in only two hours! (For comparison, NaNoWriMo suggested novel length for that age group (9-10) is only 2000 words total in a whole month!) I'm ridiculously excited about how well it turned out. I'm editing it for sensibility but trying to keep their lovely 4th grade novelist voices intact. They also did the most charming illustrations to go with it. I'll have to try to post a pic when I finish. On Monday we are doing a book binding project so I'm getting everything printed up. I'm totally in love with this story. It's called "Black Ice"! Have I mentioned there are dragons?

timp67

Registered
Reaction score
Kitty, that sounds AWESOME.

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
Kitty - I think it's absolutely amazing that you got your kids to work together as a cohesive unit and come up with an actual novel. Kudos for them - and YOU - for the accomplishment.

I would love to have the opportunity to read it - I love dragons. So what are the chances?