Jaspideous January - 500 words/day, all genres welcome!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
:cheers all words:

Liz, sending a prayer up that you and yours will be okay.

Ken - Maybe that's why my characters aren't talking...they're lit!

936 last night, and 1,100 words of rambling about future projects (you know, so they don't slip out of the brainbox when I'm not looking).

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
:cheers all words:

Liz, sending a prayer up that you and yours will be okay.

Ken - Maybe that's why my characters aren't talking...they're lit!

936 last night, and 1,100 words of rambling about future projects (you know, so they don't slip out of the brainbox when I'm not looking).

Saw that "Snowmageddon" was mostly a bust. Still hoping that you and yours are safe, Liz.

Nice wordage, Saoirse, even the rambling. Got to keep an good eye on those words or they'll disappear with the socks from the dryer. :tongue

Yeah, Cal has a tendency to overdo it once in a while, especially when he's racking his brain over finding this maniac. Maybe he ran into your characters at the bar and they all had a good time. :e2drunk:

Well, Cal did finally come around, but I didn't get a lot out of him. Between his hangover and the guys working in the attic today, only managed 123 new words. *sigh*

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ken - S'okay, it's still words! And if you happen to see my villain from my next book, tell her she owes me an explanation. ;)

624 today. Wrist issues. Edits are coming back in less than a week :):cries:: )so I'd better rest them.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Great work, you guys! Sometimes it's consitency more than volume. :)

Made more notes today, and started a synopsis. Still feels very floppy and loose, but we'll see.

And thanks for all the well-wishes about the storm. :) We did not lose power, and stayed nice and toasty in the house. The Kid has another snow day tomorrow, which Intro will be covering, since I get to head back to work. Whee!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Ken - S'okay, it's still words! And if you happen to see my villain from my next book, tell her she owes me an explanation. ;)

624 today. Wrist issues. Edits are coming back in less than a week :):cries:: )so I'd better rest them.

Lucy! You got some 'spalin to do! :tongue

Lucy%20you%20got%20some%20spalin%20to%20do_zpsr2jbe9bk.jpg

Nice wordage and hope the wrist feels better soon. :Hug2:

Glad to hear all is well, Liz.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Nice use of insomnia, BfloGal. :)

I am synopsizing. I am trying not to judge at the moment. It always looks awful the first time. Ugh.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ken, LOL and thanks.

Liz - It'll be okay. Hugs.

Bflogal - Awesome way to make insomnia work for you.

Nothing last night except a page of freewrite that may or may not turn into poetry.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Why doing a post-rough-draft synopsis is good: Sometimes you realize you have to redo a bunch of chapters at the start of the book.

Why doing a post-rough-draft synopsis is bad: Sometimes you realize you have to redo a bunch of chapters at the start of the book.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Nice wordage, BfloGal! :D It's always nice when it flows.

:Hug2:@ Lizmonster It is a pain, isn't it.

Well, after 0 yesterday, finally back into it and whipped out 588 new words. Still more to go on this chapter, a missing coed to find, or at least her body.

Good luck and good writing!

ETA: Almost forgot to count new words on Mercenary Road! Not a ton, but did add 106, which is better than I have been doing. So, total WC for the day is 694. Still now awesome, but I'll take it.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well done, Ken and BfloGal! :e2cheer:

Well, I have a partial synopsis. I need to write some of it out now. I tweaked the first couple of chapters, which is really a way of procrastinating, I think. But I think the tweaks aren't bad, even though they bumped my word count 293 words.

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
Today in my first day back to writing in months, I managed to crank out a whole 35 words. Not nearly as much as I had hoped, but at least I'm back to work. I was able to meet my daily goal of completing the opening paragraph and then some.
My goal for the weekend is to finish the first chapter.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Awesome progress, Ken, BfloGal and Liz!

Welcome Lorcroftlegacy! Sometimes the hardest part is starting. Here's to more words coming your way. :D

So I've been thinking about switching to voice recognition again. Wanted to buy a lighter headset, as the one I have gives me migraines, but that was a bust b/c TigerDirect, where I bought it from, wasn't honest in their description. And further research into other headsets and microphones was enlightening. Most suck, apparently. So my mom suggested getting the app for my tablet. So I futzed with that last night and I am cautiously optimistic that it'll work and most of all, help me with my wrists. I prolly won't voice rec all the time, but it is an option for situations like these. So, I'm happy about that.

Needless to say, no words, but a whole lotta thinking going on. ;)

And tomorrow my edits on book 2 are coming. *twitches* She said she was very hard on me, but loved a lot of things, so I'm hoping it'll be okay.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well, this thing persistently refuses to rewrite itself.

Got through another chapter, and started adding a new one. Total new words: 584.

Awesome January, gang! :e2cheer:

Lorcroftlegacy

Registered
Reaction score
Today was a much better day word count wise, I was able to put another 414 words onto paper. A total word count of 449 words to end the month. See you guys in February.