Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is horchata. Sweet (sometimes overly so) with a little kick of spice. I know the long way to get to the end product (soaking and blending rice), but I often choose the shortcut (buying rice milk).

I could look this up, but that would end the convo.

So.... what is that?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Late, I'm Late, for a Sort-of Important Date!

New question of the week, behold!

Psst! It's not here. Look lower!

My obvious choice: Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

So long as it isn't the psychedelically creepy Gene Wilder version...

:eek:

Last edited:

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com

You can visit any fictional realm you want, but... you're going to be stuck there for 24 hrs. No getting out. Where would you go?

Ooh, this is a good one. (Seriously, bos? I LIKE the creepy Gene Wilder version. tsk tsk.)

*taps chin thoughtfully*

Crud this is really hard for a scifi/fantasy geek. Too many choices. Way too many.

GOT IT. If I were to choose to lock myself in a fictional realm for an entire day, it would have to be in Fraggle Rock.

Come on. Cool theme music. Muppets with whacked out hairdos. Spelunking all day...

My can't miss moment: I'd have to go wreak havoc on the Doozers, maybe eat a couple of their support beams with Red and Wimbly. See if they really do taste like radishes (mmmm - radishes!). Just enough to really steam the little guys as I run away laughing. (I know, I have an evil streak).

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chase your cares away (clap, clap)
Worries for another day,
Let the Fraggles play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.

Yes, it's been nearly 30 years, but I can still sing the theme song.

:D

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Took me a while to decide on my answer, but here it is:

There is a French-Belgian Comic Book series called Olivier Rameau. The stories are, for the most part, set in a land called Rêverose, which translates to something like Pinkdream. Basically, it's fantasy utopia land. The place where dreamers go to live, escaping from the mad and sick world we live in. It's the home of the eternal optimists, of love and poetry and beauty. There's no sorrow, no pain, no death. There's no money, no struggles, no fears. There's no time, and the nights melt into days that melt into nights, in an endless loop of happiness and joy.

That's where I would love to go. :)

Pretty place, isn't it?

Last edited:

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
You can visit any fictional realm you want, but... you're going to be stuck there for 24 hrs. No getting out. Where would you go?

for me it would be into my own book. as the author going into my world and at a very personal level pressing the fabric of this place into my mind more that it currently is would be wonderful. to see the graceful spires of the high kings castle. the gates of Andera, the snows of the north, the fog and mist of the southern lands and forest. yes i would spend as much time as i could wondering in the world of my book.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

for me it would be into my own book. as the author going into my world and at a very personal level pressing the fabric of this place into my mind more that it currently is would be wonderful. to see the graceful spires of the high kings castle. the gates of Andera, the snows of the north, the fog and mist of the southern lands and forest. yes i would spend as much time as i could wondering in the world of my book.

Hands down, Narnia. Hello? Talking animals? :D

Kuranes

Registered
Reaction score

Middle-Earth. And 24 hours would be far too short of a time. :D

deb22

Registered
Reaction score
Heaven, I would like to really see it before my time. Is it fictional? don't know

Cathryn

Registered
Reaction score

If I have to choose only one location it must be J J Abram's Enterprise. I may have to stay in the Medbay for the first 12 hours but when I came out I'd be ready for another 70 years.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I have to choose only one location it must be J J Abram's Enterprise. I may have to stay in the Medbay for the first 12 hours but when I came out I'd be ready for another 70 years.

But the lens flares would give me a migraine ....

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Day Late but Not a Dollar Short

Okay folks, was off in the great Wild (i.e. went camping) and that got me thinking - which is sometimes a bad thing. But today it shall be good.

In the vein of last week's question, and inspired by this week's adventures,

In what fictional realm would you like to go "camping?" (Define that however works for you - anywhere from backpacking to "glamping" *coughs* wusses *coughs* to "roughing it" as my mother used to define it: no mint on the pillow. But it must be someplace where you can be "outdoors."

For me? Middle-Earth.

Post-Ring war, thank you very much. I want Ents, not orcs.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Okay folks, was off in the great Wild (i.e. went camping) and that got me thinking - which is sometimes a bad thing. But today it shall be good.

In the vein of last week's question, and inspired by this week's adventures,

In what fictional realm would you like to go "camping?" (Define that however works for you - anywhere from backpacking to "glamping" *coughs* wusses *coughs* to "roughing it" as my mother used to define it: no mint on the pillow. But it must be someplace where you can be "outdoors."

For me? Middle-Earth.

Post-Ring war, thank you very much. I want Ents, not orcs.

No orcs? *cough* wuss. That's like saying you want to go to Yellowstone without grizzlies...

Blast you, little lamb, for posting an intriguing camping question that continues to take me into procrastination land...

Rags99

Grendizer go!
Registered
Reaction score

Any Tron arena where I can battle on light cycles while Daft Punk rips some crazy beats.

Last edited:

Rags99

Grendizer go!
Registered
Reaction score

The Forest Moon of Endor, camping in the trees with the Ewoks.