Reading List Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDParker

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Since it's holiday time, I wanted to add a few books to my reading list.

Specifically, I am looking for recommendations for women's fiction as opposed to genre romance. Are there any good contemporary books people recommend where romance is not the primary story arc (maybe more career oriented?)

I've looked over at Goodreads but I am curious as to some recommendations on this board.

Happy holidays to all

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. You might try My Real Children by Jo Walton. It's not contemporary, it starts back in the 30s and follows the li(ves) of a woman. She makes a choice, and successive chapters show how her life goes with the one choice and then with the other. I'm 3/4 of the way through it and like it so far. We're in the late 70s.

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Still Alice by Lisa Genova- about a professional woman who gets Alzheimers.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett- If you haven't read the book you should, I saw the movie first and thought the book would be overkill. I ended up LOVING the book!

The Little Lady Agency Series by Hester Browne- These do have some romance, but they're sooooo funny and not totally focused on it.

Those are some of my faves lately. :)

Lil

Registered
Reaction score
You might try Bernadette Walsh, The Girls on Rose Hill and Cold Spring. Not comic, but very effective and emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.