Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki_G

Here I Am!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolegreenauthor.com
I sold my first novel to Genesis Press earlier this spring! And they have a first refusal on my second. I've got a rough draft of the second one done, but haven't started revisions on it yet.

Lucy Dashwood

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone who has sold something this year. This should be great encouragement to all those still trying to find a home for their books. Even in these tough economic times, publishers are still buying and the range of topics and settings is extremely varied. All good news.

Lucy

Aileen Harkwood

Paranormal Suspense Writer
Registered
Reaction score
All I've sold so far are three eBook novellas. No print contracts yet.

However, since I noticed a lot of eBook sales on this thread, I wanted to extend an invitation to any eBook romance authors here to send me information about their upcoming releases.

I write a blog, Kindling Romance, and each Monday is "Featured New Releases" day. Here's a link to last Monday's new releases. You don't have to send me a copy of the book for review, but I do need the usual publisher info including release date, a short blurb, and a link to where I can find a photo of the cover for the book.

You can email me with this, or use the "Your Chance to Brag" page shown at the top of the blog.

Though I can't include every new release for the week, there are simply too many, I do my best to provide a varied selection from the various publishers, different romance subgenres, and heat levels from sweet to scorching.

MissLadyRae

I vaahnt to suck your blaahd
Registered
Reaction score
However, since I noticed a lot of eBook sales on this thread, I wanted to extend an invitation to any eBook romance authors here to send me information about their upcoming releases.

Very cool! I'll have to drop by your blog and also drop you a line. Thanks for inviting us!

ealexis

Registered
Reaction score
"New York, New York, A wonderful town..."
I have sold a paranormal romance to Lyrical Press. My first book!

I have a question. How do most writers get their short stories in anthologies? Is it by invitation, or through agent submissions? I have seen almost no open calls for anthology submissions, except a few small presses. Just curious.

Thanks! And here's wishing good sales for everyone.

Congrats on your sale! :D I know I was invited to participate in a Christmas anthology.

I've sold a work to Stonehedge Publishing and Class Act Books.

samitestar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
booksmakemehungry.blogspot.com
I sold my paranormal romance novel (my first sale) to New Concepts Publishing in May.

Warlock's Bride comes out next month, I'm still celebrating!

Someone, up the thread, asked about anthologies, I'm not an expert, but some of the epubs put out calls for submissions. I just wrote a zombie novella for Ravenous Romance after Lori Perkins put out a 'Call for Zombie Love.'

I sent her a query and she's asked for an excerpt (yay!) she hasn't gotten back to me yet on whether or not she wants to use it, sigh, waiting is painful.

Anyway, I think it's worth it for us newbie writers to check with publishers to see what they are looking for every couple of months. If I hadn't been snooping around, I never would have known about the RR zombie anthology.

Aileen Harkwood

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to all the new sales!

Could I ask you all a favor? I'm trying to collect information on new eBook romance sales for my blog. I'd like the blog to be a place where new eBook sales get the attention they deserve, similar to what you see at Publisher's Marketplace (without the good deal, nice deal, etc. info, since eBooks are normally sold without advances). If you report new sales here, I'd love to have these details:

1) Author name
2) Title of Work
3) Subgenre
4) Length
5) Publisher
6) Tentative Release Date (if known)
7) One line description

That way I can stop by here, scoop up the details and post them. Or, if you'd like, you can email me directly using the email form on my blog. I'm open to posting news of sales made anytime within the previous two months.

Thanks!

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
I sold a paranormal romance to Lyrical Press last year. I signed a contract with Medallion last month for a paranormal romance--a werewolf romantic comedy.

I signed with an agent after my sell to Medallion. She subbed my paranormal mystery Tuesday, so fingers and toes crossed I'll have another sell soon.

Last edited:

Aileen Harkwood

Registered
Reaction score
Two more posts with recent sales from several authors with Samhain, Loose Id, Liquid Silver Books, The White Rose Press, Ellora's Cave and others. I believe some of them were announced here on the forum, some elsewhere. Feel free to send me yours. I'm collecting for the next post. As long as the eBook is still a couple of months from being published, I'm open to including them as forthcoming titles.

Recent Romance eBook Sales 9.11.09

Recent Romance eBook Sales 9.17.09

JackieA

Registered
Reaction score
LASR have published one short story - Precious Treasures
and are pulishing another early this October - Reflected Destiny

Randy

Banned
Reaction score
What's sold tells a lot about what isn't

To think that only paranormal romances, witchcraft, and vampire stories are selling is, for me at least, more frightening than seductive, but that's what it looks like from scanning the posts. Please, someone out there in cyberspace rain upon our barren field of mainstream literary a drop of news, a trickle of encouragement.
randy

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Hi, Randy! Welcome. Naturally, since this thread is in Romance, most all of those who are reporting sales are SELLING romance (and all of its subgenres.) Right now, paranormal and contemporary are the two biggest sellers, so that's what you're seeing most.

It's difficult to offer a shower to your barren plain, because there's no place that reports sales of "literary" fiction. There's no such classification in the bookstore, unless it's a very large superstore. They often appear in general fiction until they're promoted to "classics". It's only the author and publisher who state that they're literary in nature.

But if you subscribe to Publisher's Marketplace, the three big names in literary publishing right now are:

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Doubleday-Broadway
Farrar, Straus & Giroux

You can search either Debut or Fiction: General/Other as the category and see what's sold, by which agent and to whom. I assure you that I just looked and there are plenty of sales happening. :)

Hope that helps! :D

job

In the end, it's just you and the manuscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joannabourne.com
@ Jess Haines -- How perfectly wonderful. Kate Duffy?

And UF. That seems to be selling wildlyy well. Hope the contract is in hand soon, but I know this can take a while.

job

In the end, it's just you and the manuscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joannabourne.com
@ Randy

Please, someone out there in cyberspace rain upon our barren field of mainstream literary a drop of news, a trickle of encouragement.
randy

My own sales are Historical Romance. Nary a vampire in sight. <g>

If you want to hear Literary contracts you could start a similar thread up in 'Novels' and see what the good news is up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.