Recomendations: Kidnapping books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Another weird request!

Does anyone know any books where one protagonist takes the other one captive? Preferably for a longer period of time.

I'm looking specifically for stories that involve kidnapping and captivity. Consensual slavery doesn't count. I'm looking for a battle of wills. One protagonist trying to escape, the other keeping them captive.

The gender and sexual orientation of the protagonists do not matter.

Don't judge me, I'm doing research.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
How 'bout one of the first plays on it? Taming of the Shrew? And, of course, all the modern variants of it.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Another weird request!

Does anyone know any books where one protagonist takes the other one captive? Preferably for a longer period of time.

Old-style romance OK? Sweet Savage Love, by Rosemary Rogers, and The Flower and the Sword, by Jacqueline Navin, came to mind right away.

I'm looking specifically for stories that involve kidnapping and captivity.
If "kidnapping" is defined as "coercing or threatening someone to force them to stay with you", there are a couple of Anne Stuarts as well - Cold as Ice and Breathless.

Oh, and I almost forgot Catherine Coulter's Devil's Embrace and Seasons of the Sun - those are kidnappings with BDSM and slave collars and all. Bertrice Small has a ton of kidnapping romances as well, usually where the heroine is taken to a harem. Try Unconquered or A Moment in Time. Or Johanna Lindsey's Prisoner of my Desire.

I also went to All About Romance's search engine and plugged in the words "abduct" or "captive" for the title. Dozens of hits. :)

Last edited:

lbender

Registered
Reaction score
The Fan Club, by Irving Wallace, 1974. 4 men form a fan club, then eventually kidnap the actress they're a fan of. Interesting book.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Karina Cooper's first Dark Mission book Blood of the Wicked featured a kidnapping of sorts. She actively tries to escape...frequently, but it's a romance through and through.

Also, if you don't mind a high heat level, you might check out Annika Martin's novels.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Fan Club, by Irving Wallace, 1974. 4 men form a fan club, then eventually kidnap the actress they're a fan of. Interesting book.

Kidnap and rape her repeatedly. Just thought that detail merited a mention.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The classic bodice-ripper The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiess. It's set in England during the Norman invasion and pits a Saxon lovely against her captor, a warrior named Wulfgar.

job

In the end, it's just you and the manuscript
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joannabourne.com
Hey! Hey! (jumps up and down) My Spymaster's Lady is a kidnapping book.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
I'm reading Kresley Cole right now, so these in her Immortals After Dark comes to mind...

Kiss of a Demon King

From New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole comes this spellbinding story of a demon king trapped by an enchantress for her wanton purposes -- and the scorching aftermath that follows when he turns the tables and claims her as his captive.

Lothaire

Driven by his insatiable need for revenge, Lothaire, the Lore’s most ruthless vampire, plots to seize the Horde’s crown. But bloodlust and torture have left him on the brink of madness—until he finds Elizabeth Peirce, the key to his victory. He captures the unique young mortal, intending to offer up her very soul in exchange for power, yet Elizabeth soothes his tormented mind and awakens within him emotions Lothaire believed he could no longer experience.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Oh, I can think of a few of these.

Contemporary Erotica: (Massive trigger warning tags with this one. Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!) CAPTIVE IN THE DARK by CJ Roberts, from what I hear, is one that Goes There in every way imaginable.

Historical Romance: ABDUCTED BY A PRINCE by Olivia Drake.

Paranormal Romance: Caris Roane's Guardians of Ascension series appears to have a couple with this theme (CHAINS OF DARKNESS and BORN IN CHAINS immediately spring to mind).

Urban Fantasy: THE NIGHT INSIDE (also known as KISS OF THE VAMPIRE) by Nancy Baker.

High Fantasy: THE ELVENBANE might fit what you're looking for--it's more about a society that embodies slavery and someone's capture/induction as a slave for a period.

And... err... *stares at own avatar*

Those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Catherine Lorraine's ROCK IDOL ROMANCE. I found it silly but I couldn't help reading the whole thing. Fun-silly; a good "escape" read for moments when one needs a read like that.

Wren Winters

Registered
Reaction score
Dark Magic by Christine Feehan
A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
The Alpha's Virgin Possession by San Crescent ..the heroine is sold to the hero
Obsidian by Laurann Dohler ..heroine kidnapped the hero

Status
Not open for further replies.