Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky Writes

Go Tarheels!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccawrites.com
I love Michael Brooks. I want to marry him. He reminds me a lot of my husband, but Michael is way hotter! :wink

(BTW, his name is the middle names of two of my Children, Timothy Michael and Amanda Brooke)

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Absolutely, positively, definitely. If Cayden Spalding came knocking on my door, I'd run off to Scotland with him right NOW.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I've only fallen in love with one of my heroes. Unfortunately, he lived back in the Middle Ages. And he was gay.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I fell totally and completely in love with my medieval hero, too. I still think about him and can't wait for his book to come out. He's my favorite hero ever.

Yes, I do. I can't write them effectively if I don't love them at least a little bit.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Me, personally? No. When I write, I'm "channeling" my heroine--roleplaying, as it were. SHE falls in love and I thrill in the emotions she feels, but once the book is done, I'm just Cathy again. My own hero, my DH, wouldn't make a very good romantic hero. He's a bit TOO romantic and we've never in our 20 years had any conflict. He wouldn't be believable. :ROFL:

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
In a gay romance it's arguable which of the characters is the hero, but yes there's one I'm in love with. It's not that I fell in love with him after I created him, it's that I created the story to give me a setting in which I coul imagine romancing my dream lover.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I certainly do. Who wouldn't love Dean Jackson? He's a tall, dark and handsome cowboy. My favorite kind of man. Of course, I'm just happy that he and Shawna Butler fell in love by the end of my novel...it was touch and go for awhile!

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say I'm weird, which I am, but at least this time I'm in good company (with Cathy C), b/c my heroes are right for my heroines, but wouldn't necessarily be right for me. So, no, I don't fall in love with my heroes, but my heroines do.

JD

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Nope. I like him fine (and I deep like the bad boy counter interest), but love? Nopers.

(Although in the second book, that deep like for the bad boy is seriously kicked up a notch. Or two.)

Love how Cathy put it -- it's all about the heroine. As long as SHE loves him, I'm quite satisfied.

nanagain

Registered
Reaction score
I'm very much in love with mine, he's got my husband's personality, blue eyes & name. I just gave him the body I wished my husband had!

HoosierCowgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Nana -- love it!

Over the years my heroes changed from idealized, to a lot like DH (personality wise -- looks vary) to a combination of my husband and how I *hope* my sons will turn out. I guess a combination of real and ideal.

One of the fun parts of being a writer.

Ann

Lolly

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yes, I've got a crush on mine. I modeled him on one of my heroes from TV. :D

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Can't believe I missed this thread. I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm in love with my hero, but if Jed Carlton ever asked me out for coffee, I would be hard pressed to turn him down. Tall, black hair, blue-green eyes. Yum. However, like Cathy and Jackie I'm more into it for my heroine's sake. I feel her love for him and the exhilieration she feels when she learns that he loves her too.

Rosie_81

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Yes, I think its safe to say I did fall for the hero in my novel.

It might sound a bit daft but a few years before I even thought about writing, I dreamt I got pregnant :eek: by this guy who felt so real, in the dream I knew his name and everything! Years later I still remembered the dream and I made him the hero of my book.

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
I don't fall in love with my heroes. Half the time I make them extremely arrogant, difficult to read, and with major issues.

In short, I try to make them like most of the guys I know. *g*

But they seem to do it for my heroines. What works for her, won't work for me, though.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I'm not in love with my heroes (Gawd, no) but definitely a few of my heroines -- I was insanely in love with Kate in The Pacific Between, and am currently in love with Grace (my WIP). For one thing, my protagonists are usually very flawed. What is really important is that my READERS fall in love with them. I've heard a few telling me that they did... that's really a great thing to hear, as a writer.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
maestrowork said:
I'm not in love with my heroes (Gawd, no) but definitely a few of my heroines -- I was insanely in love with Kate in The Pacific Between, and am currently in love with Grace (my WIP). For one thing, my protagonists are usually very flawed. What is really important is that my READERS fall in love with them. I've heard a few telling me that they did... that's really a great thing to hear, as a writer.

Ray, I think you're cool. :) It's good to see you over here in the Romance section. I also think it's cool that you love your heroines. Tri, nice to see you here, too. Thanks to both of you for providing us with some male POV here. :)

I am more like Cathy, a channeler of my characters, so I don't know if I can say exactly that I ever "fall in love" with my heroes, but I do LOVE them, and find them lovable -- but that could be my heroines spilling over. <G>

A character we create SHOULD be one that we could see ourselves falling for. Otherwise we may have done something wrong. (Uhhh, unless we're talking villian here. You might not want to love the villian. but the rest of this applies to villians as well: ) They should have both good points, and bad ones, things that both attract and annoy their opposite partner. Cause that's how we are, right? The people we love have traits that endear them to us, and also drive us INSANE. <G>

Susan G.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
maestrowork said:
Well, Susan, since Borders shelfs my book under "Romance," I guess I'm technically a romance writer. :)

LOL - COOL!

Borders putting you in romance is probably a very good thing - cause lots of people browse those shelves. :)

Susan G.

Status
Not open for further replies.