I Need a Cookie...

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
You know, there are certain days of the year where people just shouldn't receive rejection letters. Mother's Day (especially when you're a mother) is one of them. Normally, I'm bummed and go about my day, but this time I received the nicest rejection letter ever. I sent one of my earlier manuscripts to my editor at Samhain and she told me that she debated pretty hard before passing. That in itself is nice, but what really softened the blow was that she explained why she was passing, praised me on my writing and told me that I have a long career ahead of me. :) That and she would love to add another of my stories to their schedule. *Sigh* A sweet rejection, but still a rejection.

Someone pass the cookies...

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
My total sympathies on your rejection, nice though it be.

Keep on pluggin!!!

Cheers, Josie :)

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear. Hey, I forgot about the cookie. :TheWave: :e2paperba

But have just come back from getting chocolate with mocca icing cupcakes for my brother's birthday today.

So I'm sending you one too, Sonarbabe!!!!! drool drool!! Oh happy day....Oh happy day!!

Hee hee

Cheers, Josie

Last edited:

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Okay Aliajohnson.

:snoopy:

I like the looks of your dog, so he also gets a chocolate cup cake with mint icing on top.:) But if he can't eat it, you should...don't want him to be sick.

drool drool

hee hee

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Oh dear. Hey, I forgot about the cookie. :TheWave: :e2paperba

But have just come back from getting chocolate with mocca icing cupcakes for my brother's birthday today.

So I'm sending you one too, Sonarbabe!!!!! drool drool!! Oh happy day....Oh happy day!!

Hee hee

Cheers, Josie

Oooh, that sounds yummy! I broke down and bought an Oreo cookie cake, so I'm willing to share for whoever's interested!!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Up until yesterday, I thought my book would be realeased in print eight weeks after the electronic release. Since the Triskelion debacle, many e-publishers are pushing back their print releases. Someone mentioned in another thread that Wild Rose Press was one of them. I hadn't seen any indication on their site or forums, so I posed the question to the owner.

She updated the sticky on the forum. Yes, indeed, print format is six months after electronic.

So I won't see my novel in print till Christmas. Say it ain't so....

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
Chumplet said:
So I won't see my novel in print till Christmas. Say it ain't so....

The same thing happend to Anne Cain and me at Samhain. We thought our m/m vampire tale would be out in April after it's January e-release but then the print release schedule changed to accommodate bookstores. We were bummed but the time went fast and July is almost here.

Keep working on new projects and before you know it your print edition will be out. :)

*leaves a couple cookies for ya*

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
As long as it's out before Christmas and not after...

The print edition of The Syndicate got pushed back to just before Christmas -- which might have been good, except it was so close to Christmas that it wasn't possible for people to order it from Amazon UK in time for it to be a present -- and yes, there were one or two people who might have bought it for each other as a pressie.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Chumplet: I know it's hard, but try to look on the bright side. If it releases just before Christmas, you will attract people shopping for the holidays and hopefully get more sales! *hands you a huge, fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie of your choice*

I need a cookie myself. I'm trying not to obsess over the fact that a certain "uber" agent (who has a very popular blog and is just a kick-butt agent) is currently reading my full. Normally, I wouldn't be so neurotic about the whole thing, but she absolutely LOVED my opening, saying it was "one of the best openings I've ever read for an urban fantasy novel." Eee! Okay, going to break out Stephen King's "On Writing" again and take my mind OFF the full manuscript and all my feelings of inadequacy!

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
OK. Here's a whole box of chocolate chip cookies.

Obviously they are needed here. :)

Chumplet: I agree with Kasey and I know how difficult it is.

Kasey: Exciting!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cheers!! :)

necia phoenix

Registered
Reaction score
Website
necia-phoenix.livejournal.com
I need a cookie.
Today is my two year anniversary, my hunny is a trucker and is in Houston won't be home till late tonight (we live in Muskogee). Not to mention I have book suckititis.

I know what happens next but it is like prying rusty nails out of an old 2X4.... with my fingers. :(

I am soo close word-count wise but I am wondering if when I hit that wordcount whether I will be at the end of my story. Then there are the other stories that are whispering at me, a Grand New Shiny idea that....yeah

I'm being lazy... kick my butt....
or gimme a cookie...

On a good note tomorrow I am taking hubby to see Alice Cooper for our anniversary.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
or gimme a cookie...

I can do both. First a buttkick... (insert imaginary buttkick emoticon here)

Now a cookie... :e2cookie:

Get to work! :)

Happy anniversary! May you have many more years of happiness together.

Susan G.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Estermish: Happy Anniversary!!!

That's good news that you're going to see Alice Cooper.....who is she?
:)
Hee hee Just kidding.

Oh do I know your problem about continuing in your present wip!!
I am so dying to go to another idea, but I can't. Not this time....
I have to stick to it.

So :whip: and here is your cookie :e2cookie:

Cheers :)

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I need a cookie.
Today is my two year anniversary, my hunny is a trucker and is in Houston won't be home till late tonight (we live in Muskogee). Not to mention I have book suckititis.
I know how you feel. My hubby was in Iraq for our tenth and he'll be in Afghanistan for our 12th and 13th. :(
And I have had book suckitis before (I actually have it right now) but I've had it soooo many times that I know it'll pass.

estermish said:
I am soo close word-count wise but I am wondering if when I hit that wordcount whether I will be at the end of my story. Then there are the other stories that are whispering at me, a Grand New Shiny idea that....yeah
Don't worry about word count right now. Write the story, then when you're in the editing stage, you can go back and kill your darlings and worry about word count.

As for the new ideas, WRITE THEM DOWN. It's the only way they won't drive you insane. Write them on 3x5 index cards and store them away for later. If an idea really begins to aggressively develop, write an outline, but DO NOT stop your WIP. Trust me, shiny ideas will still be there when you're done. Finish first. :)

or gimme a cookie...
I'm too lazy to kick your butt or make cookies, but I do have some alcohol handy. :D

On a good note tomorrow I am taking hubby to see Alice Cooper for our anniversary.
Have fun!!!

Glenda

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary estermish. I know how you feel about needing a push to work on your novel. I have a novel that I'm trying to take the rough edges off and I find everything in the world to do besides work on that nove. :e2BIC: I need that whip cracking at me too, Josie.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Okay you all, here it is, my rendition of "us"

This is the wicked witch fairie supervising

:e2fairy:

the cruel whipping
:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

of ALL of us. :(
:PartySmil

Why am I doing this? I must go to my wip.

Argh.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Ooops :D

Nothing personal Cathy

(Imagine Josie with foot in her mouth and blushing)

necia phoenix

Registered
Reaction score
Website
necia-phoenix.livejournal.com
Thank you all!

I just pushed out about 1600 words or so on the WIP.
I was actually considering doing the outline for the new ideas (which are totally romance :p )

thanks for the whippings! hehehe.....

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
I'm not sure if this deserves a cookie, but. . .

I actually have an entire day off today (this is rare for me) and I'd really hoped to get a ton done on my WIP. But nothing's happening! I can't seem to get into the voice no matter how hard I try.

I did a whole bunch of chopping (second book in the sig is no longer at 50K sadly) and while that's always painful, I usually feel much better about how the book reads after, and take inspiration from that. But not today. I am happy with how it reads so far, I just can't seem to move forward.:e2writer:

I'm so freaking out. And I feel really, really ungrateful and guilty about freaking out, which isn't helping matters at all.

And I can't shake this stupid head cold. And I've let my laundry and dishes pile up. And it's cloudy out. And I'm a whiner.

Can I have a cookie? :eek:

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Can I have a cookie? :eek:

Of course you can! :e2cookie: Here ya go.

I hope you feel better soon! Some days are like that. Maybe you should take a nap. Sometimes napping will bring the story answer to you. I'm not kidding. Napping can be very productive for creative people.

Susan G.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, you can have not one but Six chocolate chip cookies, out of the oven just 5 mins. ago so that the chocolate chips are melting and the smell alone could drive a person (writer also) around the bend. Oops you have a cold, perhaps you cant smell them,
but never mind, stuff them in your mouth and imagine :)

I have a cold too, and figure chocolate must be good for it, it is for me
so

Eat up
:e2cookie: munch munch munch

Try later to work on wip, when you've finished the cookies :)
for now leave it alone maybe