Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
*wave*

Not dead yet!

Back to working on MMwD on my lunch breaks. Waiting to hear from the cover artist on Second Olympus. (I found the most amazing clock that I'm hoping she can use on the cover. Hope hope hope!)

Got all my pinup pictures picked out, so once they're all airbrushed and prettified, I'll show you guys some of them.

Waiting for my performance review at work so I can find out how much my bonus & raise will be. They're all supposed to be done by the 27th, but of course, my boss hasn't bothered to schedule any meetings with me (or my partner) at all. The funds are supposed to be on our 3/5 paycheck, and if his screwing around delays mine, I'm going to be SOOOOO pissed.

I think that's about my life right now. Just waiting on everything.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
*hugs* Tas. Fingers crossed for awesome cover art and getting bonuses/raises worked out.

I...collected the mother of all paperwork today and had to pay $30 just to download two old W2s from WM. Not very pleased about that. Now waiting on more emails and things to sign etc.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
And as predicted, the payment of our bonuses has been pushed back to 3/12 and our raises won't show up til 3/19, which pretty much screws my entire life in a nutshell.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi. After five days in the car, we have 1) arrived, and 2) not killed one another.

Maryn, just got her ten minutes ago

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My back yard? Or would you expect us to, like, mow?

Caleb, I hear most cities have many nice venues, so I'm sure you'll find something really nice even if the one you chose first didn't work out.

Today we walked despite the threat of rain, cleaned up ourselves and our room, hit the laundromat since we like underwear every single day, then grocery shopped so we wouldn't have to eat out three times a day. Hm, this is suspiciously like my normal life, huh?

The hotel has a free breakfast that's the most poorly run I've ever seen. Not enough tables, so people are eating eggs or oatmeal standing against a wall. Not enough staff, so you wait a half hour for spoons or coffee. Ridiculous. We can do better in our room, which has a mini-kitchen.

Maryn, in for the night

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I've shopped on vacations, too. Frugal, I am it. :) Sucks about the poorly run breakfast, though. Glad you get to walk outside on, presumably, paths not covered in several feet of snow with a bottom layer of ice.

(Not envious, really.)

^is lying

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, This was just very very very inexpensive. Right now found a bunch of venues that are double our wedding budget... One that's in our budget just 3 hours out which I'm fine with she's currently not. So I'll keep looking

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Just popping in to say hello to the gang. We're really snowed in, with no mobility. Couldn't even get the doors open because of 12 to 14 inches of snow. Put my full body weight into the side door and managed a crack to get out. Brother-in-law drove up the 45 degree incline to the main road to go to work, but slid right back down and almost landed in the creek!

tri

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Evening, all!

Maryn, yay for lack of bloodbaths. :)

Caleb, good luck with the venue! Hope you'll find something that both of you will like soon. Speaking of, we need to book our venue (park pavilion) on Monday, which is the first day we can book.

Oh, yeah, and we put the earnest money down for our condo today... :D

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How very earnest of you! It's pretty exciting, buying a home. A financial commitment which deepens your other commitments.

We have eleven HBO channels (!) and just watched a movie which was okay, a whole lot of "Hey, that guy!" Last Stop Wonderland. (Next Stop? I can't remember.) This couch is not comfortable enough to watch two movies, even if there were a second one starting now.

Maryn, twitchy

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Evenin' folk!

Spent the first part of the day at kiddo's chess tournament. This is the all-girls tourney they do, and she came in 8th out of 40 girls in her age division. They cut the event short at 4 rounds (normally, there's 5) due to weather, and I'm vaguely disappointed that she didn't get to play that last round. She was on fire today. Won one game in 4 moves, and in another, took every single piece the other player had, except her king.

Got my pinup pics ordered (finally wound up with 14 choices instead of the 8 that came with the package. ;) ) Can't wait to show some of them to you, when they get back from being all prettified.

Finally had my review on Friday (which was stellar) but still don't know about my raise or bonus because "that's not finalized yet". Should know Monday or Tuesday. Normally, I don't get this nuts about money, but we REALLY need it, right now.

Anyway. Life.

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Yay for Tas' kiddo!

Good bonus mojo for you, too!

We did our taxes yesterday, which turned out great, so someone is going to order wedding rings, soon. :)

Also, we're planning some serious window-shopping at IKEA next weekend or so. Condo inspection scheduled for Thursday and we're excited to go through it all in great detail. :)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Shit is indeed getting real, dys. :D

Just got back from a wake (co-worker's dad, a war hero whose team's dramatic POW rescue got made into a book and movie; cool stuff).

I've been telling my family this for years and emphasizing that i am NOT joking: When I croak, order beer, pop, pizza, and wings for a crowd. Rent a fire hall or someplace, and everyone watch a classic SF from a list I'll prepare of the 1954 Godzilla and movies like that. Have a laugh, get shnockered, go home with a smile. My bod will be at the University medical school getting dissected by med students, so none of that embalmed in a coffin setup either.

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Shit is indeed getting real, dys. :D

No kidding!

I just had this realization that it's March! Which means we're getting married in like two months! The awesome thing is that we're really not stressed about it.

We'll finally be able to book the pavilion tomorrow and then we just need to craft a little more and have a cheesecake baking party with a friend who is an awesome baker. We'll be making 10 cheesecakes, including nutella cheesecake, oreo cheesecake, and raspberry cheesecake. Omnomnom.

Once again, we're sad that IKEA won't let anyone register with them officially, but we're trolling for IKEA giftcards instead, because hey, buying a place means we'll need all the things.

Anyway, going to actually get some writing done. :)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lily, I will attend that funeral with a big smile. Of course, I'll be what, 105? 106?

Our kids have the order to buy the cheapest box that's legal and burn it all. I can't see spending money on a fancy coffin.

We realized we bought too much wine. We have to drink a bunch tonight, when we get back from dinner. What a shame, huh?

Dys, it's exciting to see your life taking these giant steps forward. Enjoy it all; you won't pass this way again.

Maryn, getting hungry

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Maryn, can't you take the wine with you? Of course, then again, more wine!

I bought a delicious local mead for a birthday present yesterday and got us a bottle of peach wine from the same winery. Yum.

dystophil

Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
T doesn't drink much and she likes the fruity side of boozy things. Which is fine iwth me. We usually have at least some "girly drinks" on hand, including what our friends and us like to call "bitch beer". It's all good.

Also, I'm not sure what it says about me that one of the things I'm most excited about when getting our own kitchen is to put one of those IKEA vertical wine racks in it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.