10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*runs into thread*

*steals 10 and runs off*

*comes willingly with Abby* :heart:

In all seriousness, how is the inside of your head?

Noboooody knoooows... But basically, there is concern because my father was only five years older than I am now when he suffered two massive cerebral hemorrhages (congenital weak spots in the vessels), and I've been having severe and frequent migraines for twenty years. They're making sure that there's not an aneurysm waiting to rupture, I guess.

I'll be fine :)

That being said, it's still kind of a fret-y time.

Fennnn! You okay? :Hug2:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They're making sure that there's not an aneurysm waiting to rupture, I guess.

Ack!
hug.gif

I hope they don't find anything, if you know what I mean. When Mom went, they tested sis and I to rule out a similar genetic predispostion. We cleared that particular hurdle, so I am hoping you will do the same.

:)

Of course you will. You're always fine. ;)

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*comes willingly with Abby* :heart:

Noboooody knoooows... But basically, there is concern because my father was only five years older than I am now when he suffered two massive cerebral hemorrhages (congenital weak spots in the vessels), and I've been having severe and frequent migraines for twenty years. They're making sure that there's not an aneurysm waiting to rupture, I guess.

Fennnn! You okay? :Hug2:

Aww :( *huggles* I'm glad you're being super careful and getting things checked BEFORE something really bad happens. (Grey's Anatomy has turned me into a hypochondriac.)

Have you been able to write on any of your saved WIP's yet?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
*is increasingly impressed, and slightly frightened, of Hillz' child*

*Yoda voice* You should be. You. Should. Be.

Also, he just got this craptastic hair cut and now looks like a thug, a la the movie Snatch. Kind of, this makes it funnier. Kind of, I'm legimitately scared.

How far we have travelled eh? I grew up in a house without a phone. Even now we only have the one. My gran has three, she lives by herself.

Is she a collector? Does she live in a massive house? I find this odd, but then I never answer the phone anyway, so I consider them useless.

I envision 10s as a sniper, dressed in a ghillie suit of snark, waiting patiently for the right moment to make her smexy kill-shot.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...what does snark camo look like? Wait! Would I even be able to see it?

You'll be fine. :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning!

I have cleaned the kitchen and now must sit for a while. This hip pain is making me feel old.

And Hillz, you're child makes me very very worried for my own. He's 2 and pretty smart already. And any child of mine is going to be dangerous the older they get.

*le sigh* Well, I've got other internet things to do and laundry and stuff.

Happy Tuesday!

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score

Hope you get that all clear soon, Tens :Hug2:

MRIs are pretty good these days, so if anything funky is going on up there they should be able to pick it up. And catching it early is always the best way to deal with anything like this.

So try not to fret too much :)

Afternoon kids. Busy day is busy. Looooooads of work to do, but thankfully it's pretty fun work so I don't mind so much :)

Wuttup?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
And Hillz, you're child makes me very very worried for my own.

Consider it a PSA. *nods*

Afternoon kids. Busy day is busy. Looooooads of work to do, but thankfully it's pretty fun work so I don't mind so much :)

Busy day is busy. Looooooads of work to do,

I hear you.

but thankfully it's pretty fun work so I don't mind so much :)

...I no longer hear you. :(

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
HICCUPS! Why?? I do not like. And busy day is busy. I would like some brownie points, however - as I did the telemarketing project of doom already this morning. So it's not hanging over my head.

Started a new WIP (or more accurately a rewrite of a WIP I've stressed over since December) today and am currently 2,153 words into it. It opens with Vikings fighting Zulus.

For The Win

Who's October?

ahem

I have to "interview" my character for a guest blog. I haven't the slightest idea of where to start. *pokes word doc*
'

October Daye!?! I love her.

I interviewed a vampire, once. :) And we had a blog chain about it

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233724

maybe if you check out some other "character interviews" it will help.

So the 3 year old - when he was supposed to be in bed - dismantled the baby monitor, snuck out of his room, accessed my computer, googled himself, opened the app store and tried to buy a snowboarding game, then threw away a couple of the files on my desktop.

Two words: Baby. Stewie.

Ok. I am torn. Am I terrified... or do i want to add your kid to my zombie apoxyclips team? Cuz this is impressive.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

Good luck. I hope all goes well, and I'm sure it will. :Hug2:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They fried me like a z-word, 10!

But at least I dont have to wait for Mri results.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and to confirm my fossilness. I also remember when there were only three tv channels.
<snippage>
someone hacked your fridge? So you got stuff that you didn't like or were allergic to, or all your stuff went to someone else or just never got

Do I count as a fossil too if I admit only had 4 channels up until I got the new telly a couple of months ago, which forced freeview on me?

Also, dude... Last thing I need is a user saying, "Um, Ande, I connected wirelessly to my fridge with the laptop to check the supply of fava beans and chianti, and now my laptop is making a thp-thp-thp noise." *head desks repeatedly*

Ok, anyone have any words they tend to over use I can look for in my story? I think I'm running out of easy things to cut. I'm looking for adjectives next, though since my MC is oblivious, there aren't that many to begin with.

Mine are "quite" and "nearly". YMMV.

Aww :( *huggles* I'm glad you're being super careful and getting things checked BEFORE something really bad happens.

Exactly this! *hugses 10s* Everything will be OK, but I'm glad you're getting it looked at, too!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Is she a collector? Does she live in a massive house? I find this odd, but then I never answer the phone anyway, so I consider them useless.
My gran finds it hard to throw things away. Her house is a two up, four down terrace. To be honest, she could really do with a smaller house.

And Hillz, you're child makes me very very worried for my own.

Please add me to the list of the impressed but concerned.

They're making sure that there's not an aneurysm waiting to rupture, I guess.

Yep, you'll be fine *crosses fingers for 10s*

Do I count as a fossil too if I admit only had 4 channels up until I got the new telly a couple of months ago, which forced freeview on me?
Wow, I've heard awful things about channel 5, I guess you were lucky then. Do you count as a fossil? Er, not unless you remember the start of channel 4.
Also, dude... Last thing I need is a user saying, "Um, Ande, I connected wirelessly to my fridge with the laptop to check the supply of fava beans and chianti, and now my laptop is making a thp-thp-thp noise." *head desks repeatedly*
Oh my. And to think himself wants a career in computer networks. He's going to spend his life connecting fridges to toasters isn't he? *Shouts* 'Run away, run away'

I also remember the days of 3 channels. And turning the channel on the tv by getting up, going to the tv and physically moving a dial on the great big giant box on the ground that was the tv.
Oh my, yes. That was my job. Our tv had the dial, but my grandparents tv had BUTTONS! I still had to get up and press them though, but it was a whole different world.

I am supposed to be in bed. :e2zzz:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

This would be cool.

Slightly worrisome.

But infinitely cool.

:cool:

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
debio is :sleepy:. There is no one to play with.

Goal for the day, get this short ready for SYW and my soul ready for the ensuing beatings.

Oh, by the way, Fenika? I'm really really sorry about the flame thrower thing. I was just jumpy. Nothing personal, really.

You want some hot chocolate? I got cheese. It's a really nice gorgonzola.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Spent all day yesterday waiting for the other shoe to drop, and today got hit with the entire Imelda Marcos collection of other shoes. Anyone who can spare good thoughts, or a virtual shoulder to fall apart on, would be deeply appreciated right now.

And there's free shoes in it. All lefties, though.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I have good thought on your way. I have virtual shoulders to spare. And time. Seriously. So when some more folk show up for a proper group hug we can do that too.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Spent all day yesterday waiting for the other shoe to drop, and today got hit with the entire Imelda Marcos collection of other shoes. Anyone who can spare good thoughts, or a virtual shoulder to fall apart on, would be deeply appreciated right now.

And there's free shoes in it. All lefties, though.

HUGE :Hug2: I hope you (and yours) are okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.