rejections

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
That's three rejections in a row, now. Each one for its own short story. Although the first one was quite well explained and encouraging, the others weren't...
It took me a few weeks to re-open my drafts. Now I'm back, editing my first draft all over again, I haven't wrote one more line on my other draft so far, but maybe soon.
Motivation is still shaky, though. Especially as one rejection was quite harsh with my knowledge of English (although another rejection said the opposite, that one hurt). I even considered swapping back to French, but apart from the translation, putting a book on the market would bring many more problems I'm not ready to face... So I give English another try.
I hope to eventually get it right.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it, Arcan. I hope you know though that it's not unusual to get a dozen or more rejections on a story before it's accepted, so it doesn't mean the stories aren't any good. If you haven't gotten other eyes on your work, I'd post it in SYW. Good luck.

JHFC

Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, since I don't know much about publishing internationally, why wouldn't you write in your native language?

English is my native language, and I also know Spanish, but I would never dream of writing a book in Spanish.

I'm not criticizing, I'm just asking-- is there more of a market for English-language books and stories? It seems like it would be really difficult to write in an acquired language.

arcan

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why, it just feels easier to write in English to me. As for publishing, it seems that there are more possibilities, easier ways to do so on the American market than on the French one.

Status
Not open for further replies.