New sci-fi on BBC 2 - Intruders

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I've not read the novel, but the preview reminded me of a short story about a race of energy-based terrestrials call "tenants" which required a corporeal host to function. Pretty cool story, involving an astronaut who was relieved of his tenant while in space, plotted the global overthrow of their entire species, and then promptly forgot what a tenant was when he landed because the parasite was back in his mind.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Brain fart. I saw BBC 4 and was all "WHAT?!"

Then I remembered: radio. Derp.

*in the US and haven't listened to BBC Radio online in aeons*

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Ermm no. BBC 4 is a TV channel.

Radio 4 is a BBC Radio Channel.

And to make you even more confused... the TV show is on BBC 2. Which is also a BBC TV channel

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OK, so this IS the same show that's getting premiered on BBC America this Sat. after Doctor Who...

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
They're playing he promos NONSTOP on BBCAmerica. Terrific time slot, since zillions will watch the new Doctor--us included.

I lurve John Simm--have ever since Life on Mars--so I'll give it a try because he's in it. But I still giggle every time the Menacing Guy holds up an adapter to fit 45RPM records onto a 33-1/3 turntable and the duct-taped woman acts terrified. :Wha:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Haven't read the novel, but the series sounds like it's going for suspense. The way the article was written, though, it sounds more boring than anything else. I'd like to be wrong though, and hope I am, but from what I read it didn't seem very worthwhile, good cast or not.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The husband gave it five minutes and it didn't grip him (Intruders, not Musketeers).

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
My husband changed the channel to an Abbott & Costello horror/comedy after Doctor Who. I didn't have any real objections. I'll catch it On Demand within a few days.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
We recorded it several days ago on BBC America and I tried to watch it a yesterday. Got bored ... watching it now with husband, and we're both rather confused by what's supposed to be happening. It's quite slow. We're 42 minutes in and still :Shrug:

DaisyH

Registered
Reaction score
The premise looks interesting, and I wanted to watch it when I first heard about it. Not so sure about watching it now after reading all your replies.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it was kind of creepy. (I'm okay with slow burners.) But after the end of the first episode, I'm still in the dark as to what's happening. I can glean certain things. It's very much "show don't tell" right now. We're simply being shown strange things and apparently supposed to read between the lines. Which is okay, but, I don't know.

It at least seems like it has some quality with the actors and whatnot.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Halfway through ep 1 now. :e2zzz:

I agree with CrastersBabies: It's all show, no tell, but it's so disjointed I don't know or care about any of the characters.

ETA: Finished it. I won't be watching any more eps.

Last edited:

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Watched 2nd episode. Still no clue as to what's going on, although I may not have been watching it very closely as it's lost my interest.