lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I am confused. None of you are beating me up! :box:

Thank you, kind folks, for your warm words and votes of confidence. I am going to gather them up close to my heart, and then I'm going to sit down and do the @#$%!! revisions. :D

:e2grouphu You guys are the best!

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I am confused. None of you are beating me up! :box:

Stand back, people. I'm here.

Now, listen here, Liz...

Thank you, kind folks, for your warm words and votes of confidence. I am going to gather them up close to my heart, and then I'm going to sit down and do the @#$%!! revisions. :D

:e2grouphu You guys are the best!

Awwww...I can't do this.

*tries to paint little hearts on boxing gloves*

*takes off boxing gloves and tries again*

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Oh. In that case, for a well-rounded experience, I'm sending my Elena to talk to you. She can stand over your shoulder too.

Better watch over your shoulder now, Liz. Namatu's Elena is pretty tough -- I've been reading about her! :eek:

One little trick I've done in cutting out words (even whole chapters) is to save a "holding pen" copy as another Scrivener doc. That way, those words are never gone for good -- they're always around to re-read and maybe re-use.

You can do it!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Better watch over your shoulder now, Liz. Namatu's Elena is pretty tough -- I've been reading about her! :eek:

One little trick I've done in cutting out words (even whole chapters) is to save a "holding pen" copy as another Scrivener doc. That way, those words are never gone for good -- they're always around to re-read and maybe re-use.

You can do it!

Yup, I do the same thing. It's easier to cut words when you know they're still there if you need them.

I am confused. None of you are beating me up!

Well...seeing as you asked...:e2fight::whip:

Get back to those revisions, Liz.:D

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Good luck and many wishes to everyone. *those good luck confetti on everyone*

--

This is going to sound bad but could someone please tell me that I can write anything I want to, and that I'm not limited to the types of characters or types of conflict(personified or non-personified). Please. LOL

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
This is going to sound bad but could someone please tell me that I can write anything I want to, and that I'm not limited to the types of characters or types of conflict(personified or non-personified). Please. LOL

Silver, you really and truly can write anything you want to. You are not limited in your characters, or in the conflicts you write, or in anything at all. Your imagination is limitless - trust it!

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Silver, if something speaks to you, write about it.

Liz - I am exactly where you are. There's a scene I need to revise and I know what I want to do with it. But it's that trickle down problem. I change that one sentence and it seems to affect so much else. Maybe we can swap manuscripts for a day. I'm finding mine tiresome right now.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Silver, you really and truly can write anything you want to. You are not limited in your characters, or in the conflicts you write, or in anything at all. Your imagination is limitless - trust it!

Hear, hear, Silver. Listen to Liz. She's exactly write (ha!). And good luck to you with your new characters.

Silver, if something speaks to you, write about it.

*wipes away tear* Thanks you, guys. :D That makes me feel so much better.

Still not trying to get too preoccupied or worried about small things when it comes to writing. Basically like what program I should be writing and etc. I've gotten too wrapped up in it. LOL. At least to put it simply. I might try going back to a word processor just due to the simpleness and "no frills" aspect of it. It might psyche me out less. LOL. Maybe.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
*sigh* I have been (not) working on this scene for ages. I should detour around it and return when I absolutely have to, but it's standing in the corner of my mind, arms folded, tapping its foot, with that 'what time do you call this?' look on its face.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
:D at both of you!

I didn't quite smack that scene in the kisser, but a bit of housework helped me focus. (I now have clean windows. That's not a metaphor.) The scene'll need tightening up in the edit, but I know where it's going now.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I didn't quite smack that scene in the kisser, but a bit of housework helped me focus. (I now have clean windows. That's not a metaphor.) The scene'll need tightening up in the edit, but I know where it's going now.

I think it was Agatha Christie that said the best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes. :) Housework is a nicely repetitive activity that can occupy you while your imagination runs off and works everything out for you.

Well done, Helix. :Clap:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it was Agatha Christie that said the best time to plan a book is while you're doing the dishes. :) Housework is a nicely repetitive activity that can occupy you while your imagination runs off and works everything out for you.

Ah, so that's where I'm going wrong? *Rushes off to do housework.*:D

Good news on the scene, Helix.:hooray:

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doing the dishes is a good one too. I now have plates so clean you could eat your dinner off them.

:ROFL:

Baby steps, don't want to scare hubby too much.;)

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Our cats don't like people food at all, which is not an entirely bad thing. If we offer them something from plates, they stare at us as if they think we're trying to poison them or something.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg

I can completely relate to this. I usually manage to get a good amount of plotting when I'm stuck in traffic or working out. Anything fairly monotonous.

April Days

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
My best thoughts come when I'm in the shower. Makes for a huge water bill every month, though. :)

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
I am so dang frustrated. My head aches and I haven't been able to write. Mostly, there's this big part of me that just keeps saying, "Why write? You're so stupid to waste your time. If you're going to write at all, it should be screenplays and shorts."

But I am drawn to writing my books. It will take forever to finish if the weekdays are filled with day job and I keep missing weekend days for headaches. So why do I feel so driven to write a novel? My head feels frustrated, dizzy when I try to consider the big picture, the major plot.

My logical brain keeps saying to set it aside and write a tv pilot, keep freelancing, leave the novels for later. But then my creative side just refuses to do that.

I am so angry with myself and so upset that I just can't do anything. Everything I DO write reads like crap. Sorry to be a downer. Does anyone else ever feel this way? Maybe the act of writing it down will help.

Just venting,

Lucie

Last edited: